March 2016 Moms
Options

Tingling hips?!?

I remember this happening during my first pregnancy and now at 25 weeks it has started with this pregnancy. It is only when I lay down at night on my side (either one) my hip that is down immediately begins to tingle.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's driving me crazy!

Re: Tingling hips?!?

• Options
    Mine throb painfully more than a tingle... It wakes me up at night because like you, it only happens when lying down of either side. But it only happens really bad about one or two nights every other week and is immediately followed by my bump looking larger. I think it's just my hips spreading to adjust to my new size, shape, and preparing for birth. I'm a FTM also so it might be worse feeling because of that.
  • Options
    I had this sort of feeling last night after a long day on my feet. I'm 28 weeks and I've had pretty bad sciatic pain over the last couple of weeks - due to see my midwife next week to talk to her about it again as to if she's got any more ideas for relief!

I've found a support belt helps a lot.
    And last night I had DH get his knuckles in and really massage the flip out of my hip/butt area. I also lay down with an ice pack on it afterwards.

If it's concerning you, talk to your doctor :)
    Otherwise, hope trying what I did helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    its inflammation in the joint... heat, ice, massage, not sleeping on that side and if you are partial to it some Ibprofin 

Mine was so bad second trimester that it was waking me up but with some physical therapy, swimming and yoga I have seemed to mitigate it..

well annoying though

LFAF- Best Olympic Moments...  Jackie Joyner-Kersee

• Options
    I get that immediately if I stand too long. Especially on the outside of my thighs. Fun times.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!