C-sections
Options

Can't eat?

I'm force feeding myself tiny amounts of food and its making me so uncomfortable. I don't know if I'm digesting right? Its been 5 days since the birth and I'm made two BM since the birth. But eating just feels like it's not going down right. Can anyone relate? Or have advice?

Re: Can't eat?

• Options
    I had the same problem, it went away after a week or so. I think my issues were caused by the pain medicine. However, I would call your obgyn on Monday just to be safe. Congratulations on your new little one
  • Options
    If I am not mistaken, it also has to do with your iron levels. Typically they are really low. I was the same for a couple weeks. I had to force myself to eat. As far as the BM, as the previous poster stated it could be the pain meds. One of the side effects is constipation. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It took over a week for me to get my appetite back. I remember being hungry and wanting food but when the time came to eat I kind of just picked at it. Like another poster mentioned, I had a bad reaction to the pain meds but I don't think that would have bothered me for that long. You had major abdominal surgery. It just takes time for things to go back to normal.