August 2016 Moms

Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

Re: Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

• Hi everyone,
    I'm Donna. I got my first BFP on 11/25. My EDD is 8/7 but I have not had a dating ultrasound.

My husband and I have a son who's 4.5 and we live in Denver. I'm excited to start this journey again.

I have low progesterone and am supplementing, but I'm still nervous. I have my first ultrasound on Christmas Eve.

I look forward to getting to know you all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm from Wisconsin. Expecting my 3rd. DD is almost 11, and DS will be 7 this month. My boyfriend and I decided to ttc and I had my IUD removed Nov 10th. I'm 35 this month and really expected ttc to be a longer process! With my DS, we tried for nearly a year before we were successful. IUD removed Nov 10th. Assumed ovulation Nov 13 (based on BBT). By LMP, Nov 16th. That makes my due date somewhere around 8/5-8/5. This is my boyfriend's (29) first child and will likely be my last child and his only. I've had two healthy pregnancies and hope for this one to be as healthy.
    Everything is progressing as it should be at 5 weeks. Early symptoms and implantation stage were rough this time around. I hear things start adjusting down there a lot sooner with number three, and I can certainly attest to that!
    With my prior pregnancies, I waited until 12 weeks to share. This time around, I'll be showing sooner for sure, and with the holidays, we plan to share with family at 8 weeks. An early scan sure would make me more comfortable about that, but assuming a healthy first visit (dec 22), midwife will likely not order an ultrasound. So, we wait. :-)
    Hoping for a girl, but of course, pleased with either. We will find out the sex.
  • Hi All!  I am four weeks pregnant, due August 14th.  I just found out yesterday and am still in shock.  I have a five year old boy and a six month old boy.  I am already experiencing milk reduction issues for my 6 month old, but I am sure it is one of many bumps along the journey.  I feel as if I just stopped following my last group from my last pregnancy.   I love these boards as a place to see how other in the same boat are doing, ask questions and give any advice that I can.  Oh and I haven't told my husband yet......I am going to tell him on Christmas as this is a HUGE surprise and we were not trying, but an oops!
  • @tyler69
    Congrats and how in the heck are you going to keep that secret in till Christmas?!?!
  • Congrats everyone. I told my mom today. I sent her a picture of the digital test (we live 3000+ miles apart) and said "Merry Christmas, you're going to be a Grandma again" and she called me crying saying how happy she was and it was the best thing to wake up to.
    I made this up real quick and am sending it to my grandma to open on Christmas Eve. We facetime while opening stocking so my kids feel like they're with the family. It's perfect since everyone will be there and can all find out at the same time.
  • Hi! I'm Sabrina, 35 in Florida. I just got married on 11/28 and returned back from our honeymoon today and got a positive! We miscarried in Sept so I'm a little nervous right now. I have two boys, 15 and 13 and this will be my husband's first. According to my last period I am due 8/11.
  • Hello, I'm Monica. I live near Madison, WI and am 25 years old. My husband and I got married October 3rd and got out BFP the day before Thanksgiving. This will be our first and we are beyond excited. I have been charting using the Creighton Model for the past seven months and loved it!
  • ThePax89ThePax89 member
    edited December 2015
    Hey all! I'm 26, and live in Chicago. DH and I have a 13 month old daughter who is a non-sleeper (so this could get interesting.) I formed a lot of close online friendships with other moms in my o14 bump->Facebook group.

I feel very blessed to have gotten pregnant soon into my ttc journey, but unfortunately, I suffered a miscarriage. I got pregnant again, immediately, and here I am. I am pregnant :smile: and am due around August 13th. PGAL is tough, but despite the obvious nerves, I am elated to be pregnant.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • Wow this board is busy! I was expecting it to be near empty since it's so early, but glad to see all the good news. Just got my BFP this morning. I'm 33 and live in Palo Alto, CA. I've been married for 3 years, and have a little girl who will be 2 in February. Looking forward to making her a big sister. My biggest concern right now, other than it being so early, is hoping that this pregnancy is better than my last. Last time I had horrific morning sickness the entire pregnancy. So far so good though. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!
  • Hi ladies,

I got a BFP a couple of days ago so just waiting until I can go the Dr's to confirm! Based on my last period I would be due Aug 15th! I have an 18 month old son (born May 2014) and just recently had a miscarriage this past Sept so I'm cautiously optimistic this one will stick! Good luck to all of you mamas! Looking forward to getting to know you all a little more through this process
  • Hey everyone! 

I got my first BFP on December 2nd and made an appointment the next day with my OB, who then ordered a beta. The first round of beta testing, which occurred (presumably) at 22 DPO. My HCG levels came back reading 15, so another test was ordered for December 4th. After the second test, it was confirmed that those levels had doubled! According to LMP my due date is 8/1, while it's 8/8 when calculated from ovulation. I'm sticking with the later date! 

Looking forward to getting to know you all. 
  • Hey everyone! I juse got my BFP yesterday and one again today (just to make sure). My husband and I were TTC for 4 months. I'm extremely excited, nervous, and anxious as this will be our first. Waiting to hear back from the doctors office for my first visit, until then I guess just being patient. Much easier said than done for me!
  • CheyHCheyH member
    edited December 2015
    Hello everyone!!

My name is Cheyenne and I just recently turned 21 in the middle of November. My DH is 21, will be 22 in March. We are expecting our first child on August 5, 2016.
    My husband and I have been married for a little over a year and a half and were not TTC, it just sort of happened. I came off the depo shot 15 months ago and didn't actually expect that we'd be pregnant anytime soon. We didn't track ovulation or anything like that, so color me surprised when that second pink line had shown up on the test.
    We're happy and excited though. Our situation isn't "ideal" right now (we were planning on waiting another year or two because hubby is a full time college student), but we've got so much support, it's unreal. All of our friends, family, and our church are so excited for us that really helps.
    I am already aware that I will be a paranoid, overly protective mother, so if I ask a bunch of annoying or obvious questions, I apologize in advance. I'm new to this and love learning by asking questions lol.

I'm so happy for everyone on this board and look forward to getting to know some of you.
    Congratulations to you all!!

Cheyenne :)
  • Hi all!

I'm 35 years old and 4w with our 2nd little one with an expected DD of 8/12/16!

My hubby is 32 and we have an 18 month old little girl and we are so excited to be expecting again!

We were TTC for 2 rounds and we were so excited to see the Positive test!! I'm older (35) and have lupus and Lyme disease so I am high risk for a few reasons -- but hopefully this little nugget stays put until August without any complications! We have our 1st appt and ultrasound at 6 weeks - which is next Friday and we can't wait!!!

Can't wait to get to know you all better!
  • Hello all, I am 5w today with my third child. I have two older daughters (16 and 10), so we've been out of the baby game for awhile. That said, we are super excited to be back in! I am due 8/8, and had a beta draw last week that was 476. My first appt is 12/22, and I'm sure I will be a nervous wreck until we see that little flutter on the U/S.

I'm glad to be here!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hi, I am Courtney from PA and am 5w today, EDD 8/8. My hubby and I are both 28 and this is our first pregnancy, we are so excited to begin this journey into parenthood!
  • Hi! I'm Kelly, I'm 30yrs old and this will be #2 for me. My daughter is 15 months, she'll turn 2 a month after this baby is born so I'll briefly have 2 under 2. I feel so lucky to be pregnant again and am also nervous about having TWO of these crazy kiddos! I enjoyed being on the bump last time (if for nothing else, free entertainment when things got crazy). H&H 9 months to you all!
  • edited December 2015
    **Loss Mentioned**

Hey! My name is Meriana, I am 26 and pregnant with my second baby( 5 weeks 1 day). I lost my angel baby October 2013, I had to have a d&c in November. I had my rainbow baby November 2014, and I am expecting my 2nd in August 7 2016! I live in Canada!( Edmonton, ab)! Any Canadian momma's wanna be friends!?
  • @jilligan14 super excited to hear how your ultrasound goes. GL
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• Hi and big congrats to all the mamas to be :smile: My name is Felicity and I'm from Auckland, New Zealand (any other kiwi mums around?).

I'm 6 weeks pregnant with our first baby, due date 2 August according to FF. I'm 37 and DH is 38. I've had a long journey with PCOS since my mid 20s so being pregnant is pretty exciting for us.

I'm a yoga teacher and have taught a few pregnant mamas over the years, but it's an amazing experience to be one now myself.

Sending you all good vibes and love for your journey ahead xo

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jilligan14jilligan14 member
    edited December 2015
    @alqizwik - good to see you here! How are things going for you?
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Hi everyone!

I'm expecting my 2nd August 16. My son was born last November, so this is a little surreal to be back on the bump again. Hoping and praying for safe journeys for all of us and our babies!
  • @jilligan14 our ultrasound is tomorrow, so to answer your question, we are FREAKING OUT! Haha!
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• Hi ladies!

I'm 22 and my husband is 24. Our son is 14 months old and we just found out that we are expecting baby #2. The due date is August 14th. I'm so excited but haven't told anyone other than my husband yet. We are excited to announce to our families at Chrsitmas.

I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in electrical engineering and plan to work full time after this baby is born, which I know is going to be torture for me. I had 4 months with my son before I had to go back to classes and that was only part time. Thankfully my husband will be staying home and taking care of my babies. I will definitely need advice from other moms that have gone back to work after only 6 weeks.
  • Hi! My name is Amanda and I just got my BFP today. I'm 24 and in the process of moving back home to California next week. My due date should be somewhere around the 14-17 of August. (I didn't temp or chart so I'm unsure of O day) I currently have a 21 month old daughter (March 2014) who is going to be an amazing big sister. Haven't told my husband yet, I have this whole grand scheme to surprise him tomorrow! It took us 14 months to get pregnant this go around but I didn't get AF back until 15 months pp and my daughter still nurses so that I'm sure has a factor in it. So excited! Team green this time around too ;)
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • hi! Christine, 30, seattle. I'm a crusty old bumper as I started here in 2010 with my first. Thought I'd try again with my third?! ;) ah! I met two close friends through our BMB of July11... Good times. Anyway, I just found out today & have told my husband but we are waiting on telling our girls (4&2)... Congrats to all~

Married: 7.09 
    Avery: 7.11 
    Molly: 7.13