August 2016 Moms

PGAL Check In

Re: PGAL Check In

• @juleswalsh and then on the hand you DO hope it's for no reason because then that means there's nothing wrong internally. So many mixed thoughts. Just can't wait to hear a heartbeat
  • @saam0815 I completely understand. If there is a reason for it, you can fix it and go on. My Dr told me 1/3 pregnancies end early and I had to remind her I'm 3/4. I'm hoping for a healthy, sticky baby for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashleybaker712 yes that's all very true.. I'm hoping the best for you! thank you... I wish the same to you!!
  • Weeks: 4+2

Previous losses: natural miscarriage in May 2015 and chemical pregnancy in November

Symptoms: None so far

Next appointment: December 16th

GTKY-Biggest Fear: not really my biggest fear, but what I'm thinking of most often. I'm so afraid of bleeding. My due date for my first loss is next week, and I'm afraid I will fall apart if I have another CP before that point.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Chichigo I'm hoping for the best for you!!! When is your first appointment ? Did you have one yet?
  • Thanks @saam0815. I have an appointment scheduled the 16th, but it was already scheduled.
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

• Am I allowed to just jump right on in here? I just got my BFP yesterday and saw this thread. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this.

Weeks: 3 weeks, 4 days

Previous losses: A miscarriage in July (not sure how far along I was, estimated 6 weeks).

Symptoms: Sore boobs, a TON of bloating and some cramping, minor cold-like symptoms, fatigue and dizziness. (Thought it was AF prior to taking the test.)

Next appointment: I actually don't have an appointment yet. I never thought it would be possible to find out I'm pregnant this early. Last time I couldn't get a positive until 4 and a half weeksish. I'm calling my OB tomorrow though to set something up. She told me during my preconception appointment that it would be around the 8th week. So it'll probably be in the first week of January.

GTKY: What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is that I'll miscarry again or have a molar pregnancy or an ectopic pregnancy. I just REALLY want this pregnancy to last nine months and produce a healthy baby. I can't stop thinking about all the bad stuff it could be.
  • ThePax89 said:
    @1faceinacrowd had you gotten your period after your loss and did you get pregnant in between? My loss was just a week after yours and in wondering what to do in terms of going in for my beta hcg
    I did not get a period. My m/c bleeding started on Oct 31st at which point my HCG was already at 4 (it was 0 a few days later at my follow-up). I started taking ovulation tests and temping, confirming O on 11/17. I got my positive on Black Friday (10 DPO) and went into the doctor's office the following Tuesday (14 DPO) to get my progesterone and beta hcg checked, and then again Thursday to make sure it doubled. My doctor's office said to call as soon as I had a positive HPT, which I think is what most offices suggest. The only exception would be if you still had elevated HCG from your loss, which I think most doctors suggest following to 0 before TTC again but I could be wrong. Mine was already negative so my doc wasn't concerned about that.

I hope this helps. <3
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Not too far away @Chichigo !!
  • I think I'm being paraniod. If I go 2+ hours without feeling some sort of symptom, I start to worry. I know that thought is ridiculous because with my last miscarriage, about 10 minutes before the bleeding started, I texted my husband saying I was having a ton of symptoms that day. I even got upset when I saw that my face was no longer looking like a 14 year old going through puberty. I'm so scared of having a 4th miscarriage this year.

I called my OB's office yesterday morning and asked if they could check HCG. The nurse said she'd check with the doctor and call me right back. I'm still waiting for the call. I don't think today is going to be a good day. Sorry for the rant. :neutral:
  • @ashleybaker712 I'm paranoid too.  If my boobs start to hurt less or I get hungry and can eat without nausea, I'm freaking out.  I haven't had ANY zits.  In fact, my face is super clear right now, and I'm upset about it. WHY?! I don't really have any advice on how to relax, but I'm here to assure you that you aren't alone! 
  • @sweettart85 Thank you. Knowing I'm not alone is helpful. :) Here's to hoping we both calm the eff down and try to enjoy this (with only good things happening).
  • @ashleybaker712 this is me. I consider nausea a sign from the heavens. And love it. I called my midwife yesterday requesting a beta hcg, was told they'd call me back and haven't heard anything. I need constant confirmation that I'm pregnant.
  • @ThePax89 It's so annoying. Can't they just humor us? I finally got a call back saying they don't need to get betas but scheduled my first appointment a week earlier at 7 weeks. They said the week before might not show anything and that would worry me. I guess I'll take a small win?

I was even worrying myself that my stomach wasn't sticking out as much from bloating and does that mean I'm losing hormones and losing the baby? I'm losing my mind.
  • ashleyluxeashleyluxe member
    edited December 2015
  • @lgem4  Ahh!  Sorry, I thought I must have misread while I had a bunch of threads open.  Thank you for letting me know.  

• @ashleybaker712 they won't even let me schedule my first appointment. I'm over this place.
  • @ThePax89  Why won't they let you schedule your appointment?! 
  • I had a miscarriage in Sept...I am 4 weeks 5 days today according to last period...levels yesterday were 423 for hcg and 7.6 for progestrone...levels again tomorrow...but I'm happy with those results and have a good feeling!
  • Hello!

Weeks:  4 weeks

Previous loss:  our second son, Theodore, was born prematurely at 21 weeks after I was in labor off and on for a week and half.  They tried a drug to stop the labor (I can't remember which one...) which was effective, but it was an NSAID so could only be taken for 48 hours.  Theo wasn't able to survive and he was too small yet to send to the NICU.  They guessed that I had an idiopathic placental abruption judging by my symptoms and the way that the birth played out.  I'm not high risk and my first pregnancy was normal, so I'm hoping for the best this time around. :)  Our DD for Theo was this coming Saturday, so finding out I'm pregnant today is pretty providential and awesome.  

Symptoms:  Fatigue, crampy, back aches, digestive abnormalities and the like

Next Appointment:  I haven't called the doctor yet!  I still have to tell my husband... :)

GTKY:  I have this absurd fear of someone breaking in during the night and stealing our son...I have ever since he's been sleeping in his own room.  To the point where I go and check on him at night sometimes...such a weirdo.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Weeks: 6 weeks, 2 days

Previous losses: Early miscarriage in March

Symptoms: Sore breasts, fatigue, increased hunger, urinating more

Next appointment: First appointment is this Friday!

GTKY: What is your biggest fear? Another loss, but more specifically, a missed miscarriage or stillbirth. Our previous loss was very early (I only knew I was pregnant for a few days) and it made it a little easier to move forward. I'm terrified of a loss later on, especially if I don't find out about it for weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Weeks: 4w6d

Previous losses: MMC in late September (went for 7week ultrasound and found out the baby had stopped growing at 5w5d)

Symptoms: not a whole lot yet, tired and periodic sore boobs but wishing I had more...

Next appointment: had two betas drawn, still waiting to hear back on my second draw. I should have heard this morning so I've been stressing all day. I'm hoping to go next week for an ultrasound but my doctor may want me to wait until 7 weeks.

GTKY: what's your biggest fear?
    Baby related - another loss and especially a late one.
    Non-baby - I'm terrified of public speaking

• @Sweettart85 something about needing my hcg series first, which they won't let me schedule. They aren't certain how far along I am. I might just call and play dumb today.
  • Hello!

Weeks:  4 weeks

Previous loss:  our second son, Theodore, was born prematurely at 21 weeks after I was in labor off and on for a week and half.  They tried a drug to stop the labor (I can't remember which one...) which was effective, but it was an NSAID so could only be taken for 48 hours.  Theo wasn't able to survive and he was too small yet to send to the NICU.  They guessed that I had an idiopathic placental abruption judging by my symptoms and the way that the birth played out.  I'm not high risk and my first pregnancy was normal, so I'm hoping for the best this time around. :)  Our DD for Theo was this coming Saturday, so finding out I'm pregnant today is pretty providential and awesome.  

Symptoms:  Fatigue, crampy, back aches, digestive abnormalities and the like

Next Appointment:  I haven't called the doctor yet!  I still have to tell my husband... :)

GTKY:  I have this absurd fear of someone breaking in during the night and stealing our son...I have ever since he's been sleeping in his own room.  To the point where I go and check on him at night sometimes...such a weirdo.  
    Sorry for your loss. Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope you get your rainbow baby
  • @ThePax89 I'd keep calling until they agreed to let me do the HCG draws to shut me up. Don't they know pregnant women can be crazy? :wink:
  • My doctor isn't even doing a second draw. I have yet to have a doctor that does. I went today, he scheduled an ultrasound for next week. He may possibly do a draw then. He only told me he would call me after today if my numbers seem off. I trust him. He's my OB and my High Risk Dr. He even said, "you will be seeing a lot of me over the next 9 months, you're going to get so sick of me"
  • @ashleybaker712 I will. Good plan. I'll demand I get in tomorrow so that I'll be able to second draw on Friday. I'm getting super paranoid. And am too freaked out to pee on another stick.
  • @ThePax89 I agree with no more peeing on sticks. I peed on one ~48 hours after the first and got really paranoid that it wasn't darker. I decided those were my only two. Tomorrow I'll probably freak myself out and pee on another one but it's a good thought while it lasts.

Hopefully they're much better with you tomorrow! Good luck, lady!
  • @ashleybaker712 haha. Peed on a wondfo last night. All is still okay in the world.
  • Weeks: 5w 4d

Previous loss: miscarriage at 6w in March.

Symptoms: sore boobs, fatigue, headaches, just sensitive all over. Don't remember feeling this way with my son...really just want to sleep all the time!!!

Next appointment: Had a repeat BHCG done today and had a Rhogam injection today cause I had some bright red spotting over the weekend....really had me freaked out cause it was the same symptoms I was having when I miscarried in March. My first formal OB check isn't till 1/11/16.

GTKY: What's your biggest fear? Another miscarriage....other than that not really sure.
  • Today I have been having soreness (the best way to describe it). Whenever I feel it, I worry that this is the beginning of the end. As soon as I mention the discomfort to my husband, I can see the look on his face and he thinks we're losing a 4th. With each loss, I didn't want to admit it and I'm worried I'll do that again.

Luckily, the soreness would go away, never turned into pain, and wouldn't stay for too long. The last time, I sat down and drank some water and it got better within a few minutes.

Anyone have any advice? Am I just being annoying or should I really worry?
  • @olliewallie My duedate for my first loss is Sunday. I feel like this pregnancy is helping me manage my grief. I still feel the loss very deeply, but there's hope. (I've even considered going with a star wars theme, since it's pregnancy IV, a new hope).

• @ashleybaker712 where is the soreness? Does it feel like very dull cramps or something else? Light cramping is perfectly normal as your uterus starts to expand and grow and push on everything else around it.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• I will join you guys. I'm Kat and got my bfp two days ago. I'm 4 weeks and a day according to my chart. This is the second cycle post mc which happened around 7 weeks. It was traumatizing and I'm terrified right now. I get betas and progesterone drawn next Wednesday though I think I'll be nervous until I see a healthy baby. I have a 6 yr old DD and a 4 yr old DS and now I'm "advanced age" at 36 so there's that. Anyways, here for you all.
  • @AL_TwinCities I guess the best description is around my c-section scar. I just don't know at what point it is stretching and everything moving around and at what point it's something bad. I don't even remember how to be pregnant without something going wrong.

Thanks for the help calming me. :smile:
  • @AL_TwinCities I guess the best description is around my c-section scar. I just don't know at what point it is stretching and everything moving around and at what point it's something bad. I don't even remember how to be pregnant without something going wrong.

I would call if it starts to get painful, or if you start bleeding. Otherwise it is probably normal stretching! Your scar may be getting stretched a bit with the early bloating that we are all experiencing too... You're doing great mama!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

I would call if it starts to get painful, or if you start bleeding. Otherwise it is probably normal stretching! Your scar may be getting stretched a bit with the early bloating that we are all experiencing too... You're doing great mama!
    Thank you! That really helped calm me down. Obviously my hormones are still going crazy. :wink:
  • I'm having a hard time with the "Chances of NOT having an early miscarriage" thread. I generally try to only post when it's helpful, and I don't want to go in there and make anyone's anxiety worse. But I struggle with the people who think there's some sort of magical line/date that means everything is going to be ok. My daughter was born alive. I held her in my arms and heard her cry. She had a 99.999% chance of survival according to all of the statistics. And then she died.

I really struggle with whether I should interject this story or let others go in with only words of encouragement. On the one hand, I never want to make people feel worse, and going in and saying "your baby could die at any time; though risks are statistically small, you will never have 100% surety that your children will be safe and have long lives" doesn't seem helpful or right.

On the other hand I think one of the worst parts of losing my daughter was the absolute shock of it. We were in an amazing hospital with a level III NICU in the US. Sure, babies die in other places, but not there. It couldn't possibly happen to us. But then it did. And once my eyes were opened I saw how frequently it does happen, and how lost people are when it does because it's something that no one has ever talked to them about.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @ashleybaker712 round ligament. If you drink water and it helps, it is probably muscle cramping and you are probably dehydrated.
    With my daughter's pregnancy, I would drink 2 full glasses of liquid (usually Gatorade) and take two Tylenol.
  • Xath said:

I'm having a hard time with the "Chances of NOT having an early miscarriage" thread. I generally try to only post when it's helpful, and I don't want to go in there and make anyone's anxiety worse. But I struggle with the people who think there's some sort of magical line/date that means everything is going to be ok. My daughter was born alive. I held her in my arms and heard her cry. She had a 99.999% chance of survival according to all of the statistics. And then she died.

I really struggle with whether I should interject this story or let others go in with only words of encouragement. On the one hand, I never want to make people feel worse, and going in and saying "your baby could die at any time; though risks are statistically small, you will never have 100% surety that your children will be safe and have long lives" doesn't seem helpful or right.

On the other hand I think one of the worst parts of losing my daughter was the absolute shock of it. We were in an amazing hospital with a level III NICU in the US. Sure, babies die in other places, but not there. It couldn't possibly happen to us. But then it did. And once my eyes were opened I saw how frequently it does happen, and how lost people are when it does because it's something that no one has ever talked to them about.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I started typing something similar out about how there is never a "safe" time but I didn't want to be negative nancy. My sister just lost a perfect beautiful baby girl at 31 weeks pregnant in September. Every scan, test, appointment was perfect but things happen and sometimes for no explaination. We will never know what happened to Tessa. I've also had 3 losses so pregnancy isn't this wonderful amazing experience to me. I'm scared shitless!