Babies on the Brain

I brought maternity leave benefits to my organization!

bmo88bmo88 member
edited December 2015 in Babies on the Brain
Just a little happy. I took over an organization in July that employees 75 employees, 70% of which are females. It has only been open since 2009 and paid maternity leave has never been offered. I pushed the previous Executive Director to look into it for two years, but he never got there. One of my first initiatives was to make this a priority. Well, our organization now officially offers up to 13 weeks of paid maternity leave at 60% compensation! I am so excited to offer this benefit to the many women who desire to become mothers in the future. I am also, slightly selfishly, relieved I can use this benefit in the future as well. Sorry, totally bragging, but really happy.

Re: I brought maternity leave benefits to my organization!

• That's amazing! I bet the workers at your organization are so excited about it as well. Be proud of yourself - you did a great thing!

(FYI - I really need to learn how to insert GIFs for this kind of thing....)
  • Wow, that's great! Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • That is awesome! It is better than what we get at our job and I work for a hospital!
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• That is amazing!!! Wonderful job! You keep bragging, that is something to be proud of!

@midwestbaby Same here! My friend that also works for a hospital had to go back after 6 weeks since she had only been there 9 months and didn't qualify for FMLA…so terrible!
    Me: 23 | DH: 25
    Married: June 2014 
    TTC #1