November 2015 Moms

How has your partner impressed you?

As one of he moms still waiting for LO, the bump is starting to get a llittle slow (totally understandable) so I figured I'd make a new thread. Since a lot of us wanted to kill our partners during pregnancy (and maybe you still do), how has your partner impressed you by stepping up to their roll? Or how has a mom or friend helped you out in a way you are so thankful for? Who are you thankful for this thanksgiving?

Re: How has your partner impressed you?

• DH was a wonderful coach along with another person while it came to the time I had to push during delivery. DH would make sure I paid attention to the doctor and just really be there for me.
    He's also looking forward to be able to feed the LO when my pumps arrive- he wants to give me some more sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • I knew my husband would be a very hands on dad but I'm impressed that he's willing to help even in the middle of the night. It's particularly impressive since he's always been grouchy if his sleep is interrupted. I was expecting to have to do that on my own but sometimes after I feed the baby he takes him to burp him and change his diaper so I can get a few extra minutes of sleep before the next feeding. He was great during delivery too, especially when I started mumbling about just wanting the baby out of me asap after being stuck at a 8-9 for hours!! He kept reminding me about how bad I wanted a vaginal delivery and I would be mad at myself if I opted for a C-section now that I was so close. Gotta love that man!!
  • My DH has been fantastic. He's back to work this week and still doing long nighttime stretches to allow me to sleep. I know it's hard for him. He's been so supportive of my random crying, just tells me it's ok and I'm doing great. He is also so good with DD. He really is engaged when she is with him and loves being a daddy. I couldn't be happier!!
  • DH has been pretty fantastic. He has been keeping the whole house clean and gets meals ready so I can focus on feeding Zeke and resting. DH will take Zeke during the day when he's napping so I can lay down for a bit (Zeke still only sleeps while being held).

Currently he's installing our second car seat base while I nurse.

I definitely can't wait till he can take one of the middle of the night feedings by giving Zeke a bottle.
  • I have not given my SO nearly enough credit this pregnancy. It was not planned so when he gets excited about baby things, it makes me happy. He doesn't get excited often but I have to say he has really impressed me with taking on more hours at work, wanting to help with baby shopping and doctors appointments, putting together the nursery, etc. Last night was the icing on the cake. This past Friday, a guy ran a red light and my SO t-boned him, totaling our car. He was fine but u fortunately they were not able to put the other guy at fault because there was no witnesses and no cameras. My SO was really upset about this and how he is so glad I wasn't in the car (he hit on the passenger side). Well last night, we were driving and another guy runs a red light almost hitting us again. I'm not one for road rage, but my SO eventually pulls up along side the guy at the next light and rolls down the window. He started yelling at the guy telling him to look at me, that I'm 9 months pregnant, and that he needs to stop texting and pay attention. For some strange reason it made me so happy because I felt like he was sticking up for not only me, but the baby. My SO is a shy guy so to see him get angry and defensive like that was something totally new to me. It made me realize that he is going to be a great dad and now I can't wait for LO to arrive.
  • DH was wonderful in the delivery room. He was supportive in just the way I needed him!

As a Daddy he is great with little man. He calms him better than I do (whenever I take him, he start rooting...). If only I could get DH to be coherent at night. He wants to help out, but he wakes up too slow and I'm impatient.
  • I would actually be lost without my DH. As we have two other children, we agreed that if I took the night, he would then take the days and he has been amazing. He will get up with all 3 kids, feed the big two, do the pre school run (all whilst letting me sleep) and then in the day after I've fed the baby he will send me off for a nap. Plus he's done all of the cooking, cleaning etc

He's probably been too good, I'm going to really struggle without him! I know he's secretly looking forward to going back to work though... Even he admitted his job is way more relaxing than being at home with us for 3 weeks!
  • My fiancé didn't help at all with out first. To the point where it was a bit straining on our relationship & I resented him a bit for it. But this time around he helps so much it's completely different. He keeps the kids busy so I can sleep. He even kept them so I could run to the store alone which he never has done before, he rarely takes our 3 year old places alone only to get haircuts. He's really stepping up.
  • DH has been amazing through this whole pregnancy and has stepped up even more since LO arrived! He was great in the delivery room by just keeping me calm and letting me squeeze his hand, we took Bradley classes and really wanted an unmedicated birth but there came a point when I didn't want to deal with the pain (back labor) but he was able to help me through it so that we could have the unmedicated birth like we planned. He hasn't stopped working but he is always super attentive when he gets home and has continually helped me through the tough days...BF hasn't worked out for us so far (latch issues) and I was really down on myself for it but DH kept reminding me that whatever works for us is the good option (pumping and bottle feeding is what we are doing, while still trying to get the latch down), it made me feel less like a failure since he was completely in my corner! It is also nice that he can help with night time feedings...so grateful to have him! It may sound corny but I didn't think I could love him more until I saw him cuddling with our LO...made my heart melt!
  • I had a c-section and my so is doing mostly everything.. Taking care of baby, changing diapers, helping me get around, fixing me food... I couldn't have asked for anyone else
  • Last night my DH stayed up all night just so I could get some solid sleep. I was so surprised when I heard our LO fussing and looked at the time, and it was 5:30. He has been so wonderful every step of the way, and is always surprising me with how much he is looking out for me.
  • My husband was amazing during my labour. Helped me get dressed and rubbed my back during contractions. When he came time to push I was so hot and he kept running and getting me cold cloths for my head. Didn't say too much which was perfect for me during that time.
    Post delivery he was very helpful as well. He'd happily take our son for an hour or so so that I could get some decent sleep after being up most of the night feeding. We had to go back to the hospital for phototherapy a few days after LO was born. They nurses said only 1 parent could stay overnight so my husband would stay as late as he could and then come back first thing in the morning for the 2 days we were there.
    One thing I really appreciated was that the first time I stood up in my hospital room after having the baby I had a huge gush of blood and it trickled down my leg and onto the floor before I could stop it. I rushed to the bathroom to clean up and by the time I came out my husband had cleaned up the blood and never said a word. Even though he's my husband and he'd just seen me have a baby, I was so embarrassed. It was sweet that he did that and didn't mind.
    I also delivered our son naturally, no meds and my husband is still going on about how amazing that was and how strong he realized I am that day. It's the little things I guess.
  • I was worried that my husband, who is a big worrier, would have a hard time seeing me in pain during my unmedicated labor and birth, but he really stepped up and was able to be my rock through the whole grueling process. He held my hands during contractions, and was my leverage during pushing, and stayed calm during the entire thing.

We're home together right now, and he's been a big help with the baby, picking up the housekeeping slack since I am still physically recovering. He's even managed to get the hang of cloth diapering! I feel bad that our little lady thinks it's great to poop in the middle of daddy's changes (I've managed to avoid this blessing so far!). He's so in love with being a dad and is doing an awesome job taking care of her and me.
  • My husband hasn't impressed me in terms of picking up the slack but what I am enjoying is how comfortable he is with DD2 in the newborn stage compared to when DD1 was born. He was afraid to hold our first but now he is totally fine holding our 2nd.

Now if only I could get him to change a freaking diaper or throw in a load of laundry!!

I have a girlfriend who has been amazing since DD2 was born. We had her early and I was freaking out about baggy newborn size clothes smothering her so my friend came by with a bunch of preemie sleepers for me.
    I've been struggling with her to take a bottle and she just dropped off a bunch of Dr. Brown bottles for us to try. I could literally ask her for anything and she would do it without thinking twice. We're so blessed to have her in our lives.
    YCSWU
  • I'm a FTM and my husband has been amazing. He has been supportive through our BF woes and has really stepped up to help. I knew he would be a great Dad but seeing it in action melts my heart. He loves our LO so much. He washes all the bottles, cleans the pump parts and he never complains. I'm loving him more each day :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Since I've now had my baby (finally lol), SO has impressed me even more. He was really quiet during my labor up until I reached 6cm and got the epidural. I know he was distant because he couldn't stand to see me in pain, but he walked the halls with me, held my hand, and was physically there. After the epidural we both rested, laughed, and it was really an intimate experience. During pushing they turned off my epidural and things got a little rough since she was a big baby. He advocated my wishes to the doctor and if I said I needed to push and the nurses didn't hear me, he made sure they knew. He held my hand and the oxygen mask, and kept saying things like "you're doing great". It was little things like that that really helped me, because I got to a point where I didn't care if the doctor was there or not I was pushing her out, I was even holding my own legs lol. Oh, and he watched! Which I was so afraid of him seeing my lady bits like that but he did great. He cried when she was born ,still melts my heart, and told me he was so proud. It was amazing. He's been really helpful since we've been home too. He'll take her when I'm getting frustrated or need some sleep. I definitely doubted his abilities and I'm super impressed.
  • My DH was amazing during my whole pregnancy,and kept going right through delivery (which started with a sunny side up baby / terrible back labor and ended with a rush to get Rhys out due to complications and no epidural). He was my rock. And since Rhys was born, he's done everything possible to make sure I'm sane, fed and happy so I can deal with being home alone with DS all day. Watching him with our son melts my heart
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Gapeach83 said:

Late to this thread but had to add. My husband delivered my son. He wasn't even panicked. He was calm and acted like it was no big deal. That is impressive to me.

Your husband gets all the cookies!
  • Gapeach83 said:

Late to this thread but had to add. My husband delivered my son. He wasn't even panicked. He was calm and acted like it was no big deal. That is impressive to me.

Your husband gets all the cookies!
    Yeah I second that, you're husband wins this whole discussion! My SO still can't wrap his head around potentially delivering a child lol