March 2016 Moms

Car seats and strollers

Hello everyone, I am new to this whole discussion thing. I am curious as to what car seat and stroller you all are going with and why? I am in love with the Britax B-Safe 35 Elite car seat as well as the Britax Affinity stroller. Please tell me if any of you have used either of those and the pros & cons. Thank you!

Re: Car seats and strollers

• Ask your question here instead :-)  I think it has been discussed in there so read through first.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12619279/the-baby-gear-thread
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • I have loved all of our Britax seats! Like PP said read through the baby gear thread. There is tons of posts on there regarding carseats and strollers that you would def. find helpful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going to ask because a specific question was asked, and I'm pretty certain the britax affinity stroller hasn't been discussed in there.

I have the bsafe car seat and love it but it does have a con - it's heavy. It's an average weight but I found it kinda sucked to be dragging it into the house. We car share and constantly had to install the seat and it's easy to do it correctly. If you have back issues I'd consider the maxi cosi micro.

We used the britax bsafe and baigle combo and loved it. We're using it for baby number 2!
  • For DS, we used the Britax b safe and loved it. For the stroller, we opted for the Britax b ready since its first on a bunch of lists for best stroller that converts to a double stroller. I knew I would have another child so I wanted this option. I'm getting the extension and planning on using the car seat again and continue using the stroller for both kids. The stroller is pretty expensive new, but I found mine on craigslist in excellent condition at half the price!

• LOVE the whole Britax system! We have had the stroller and car seat(s) going on 5 years now, and with the exception of replacing the wheels, it is still going strong! I use this thing everywhere. I use it for our Disnelyland passes, walking my son to school and up till about a month ago was still jogging with both my boys in it! I definitely feel like I have gotten my money's worth and it's still in good shape for the third on its way ;)
  • Is it sad that I'm considering a double stroller even though I'm having my first kid? We have my nephew (now 4 months) every week and I don't want to give up my walks because my stroller only carries one. 

Am I crazy?!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is it sad that I'm considering a double stroller even though I'm having my first kid? We have my nephew (now 4 months) every week and I don't want to give up my walks because my stroller only carries one. 

Am I crazy?!!!
    I don't think your crazy! This is our first and we got the baby jogger city mini stroller and second seat since they were running a promotion where we got the second seat free. I figured why buy just a single and end up (hopefully) needing a double in a couple years.
  • You're not crazy. Sometimes things happen and you may turn out needing one in the long run. You might also want to consider getting a cheaper single one to for just your baby when you don't have your nephew. The double ones can be big and awkard at times. Go to store and push them around to get a feel. Some are difficult to stear and ones that are side by side are very hard to get through doors.