January 2016 Moms
Options

Dry Patches on Face

I have started developing these small super dry patches on my face.  I exfoliate daily with Peter Thomas Roth Strawberry Scrub and then I follow it up with the face lotion, but it is not enough.  Has anyone found a good safe product to use on there face for these dry patches that works?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dry Patches on Face

• Options
    I use Aquafor at night on dry patches.
  • Options
    I had the same problem last month and narrowed it down to my face wash/scrub...it was too harsh on my skin even though it's been ok the rest of my pregnancy. I just got some nivea with cocoa butter that seems to be helping :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to change my products. The thing that has helped me the most is the Burts Bees night cream. I put it on in the morning and at night time. It feels AMAZING and has helped significantly and is super gentle
  • Options
    makeshifwingsmakeshifwings member
    edited November 2015
    I've had these patches for months, and nothing was helping. I have eczema, so I already use very gentle products. I recently got some bio oil (which is just a mix of vitamin a, vitamin e, lavender...some other oils) and it's is working! The patches are getting better! Such a relief.
  • Options
    I've had a patch on my jaw for a couple years now. The doctor has some fancy name for it I can't remember. The only thing I have found that actually keeps it smooth and not go all flakey is just regular Dove bar soap and a washcloth and moisturizer. Anything else makes it go crazy flakey and spread.
  • Options
    I tried this and it really helped with the dry patches, they are almost gone now.  thank you!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    katie0613 said:

I tried this and it really helped with the dry patches, they are almost gone now.  thank you!!

I'm glad! It's my new "go to" for almost any skin issue. I also use it to "seal in" my eye cream at night. So eye cream first, then a thin layer of Aquafor. I swear it works! Also, chapped lips? Heavenly.
  • Options
    Coconut oil! It's my go to for everything!
  • Options
    I use my clarisonic & clinique moisture surge overnight mask.
  • Options
    Sounds like you need a good moisturizer. I swear by moisturize 911 and never grow up creme by perfectly posh.
  • Options
    I was told by some clinique workers that if you exfoliate more than once or twice a week it can dry out your face. So maybe just try using less of the exfoliate for a little bit.
  • Options
    @Jwrig104 my scalp was super super dry and face too. Used coconut oil and very happy with the results :)