Parenting after 35
Options

11/29 weekly check in

Hello everyone! How was your week? Did you have trips & days off?

QOTW: What's your life saver baby equipment right now? At what baby age?

Re: 11/29 weekly check in

• Options
    mindaamindaa member
    edited November 2015
    LO had a big week! First flight (but he's been to five states, now :)), which was thankfully uneventful. Met an uncle for the first time, and had such a blast with all the IL's. Gave mom time for some good workouts in, which was amazing.
    He also sat up by himself (like for real, not just a second before toppling over) for the first time, for the whole family to see. Yay! And he is six months this week, so today DH and I gave him his first two "meals" of oatmeal/banana. He seemed way more into eating than he has before, when we've given him an occasional bites.

QOTW: good question, look forward to other's responses. I still love my k'tan for making it easy to do chores and get out shopping and hiking. I have a feeling our jumper is soon going to become more used as LO is becoming increasingly active.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Hey guys, just popping by to say a quick hi. We're so busy now. Caroline turned 1 about a week ago. Still not walking but we're growing great. Sister Katherine is such a big girl, almost 4. She's writing letters and is just such a funny monkey! We had a good thanksgiving but I realized I did not take a single picture of the girls that day. We were so busy cooking and hosting the family. Oh well. Qotw: i open the pantry door and let her go in and trash the place. She loves it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on the successful first flight, @mindaa.  We'll be flying in March on a 4.5 hour flight and I am already nervous.

Our week was okay.  Went to our first swim class this past Saturday.  Was pretty cool. They are free til Chloe is six months.  After that it is $75 a month.  We have our own pool, so I kinda want to continue with the classes, but not sure it's in the budget.

Am kinda struggling with the home/work balance thing.  I feel (and am, actually) behind in every aspect of my life.  I have a stack of magazines I haven't read and can't remember the last time I did something just for me.  Guess this is the way things go now, lol.

Am also starting to have child care issues.  The lady watching Chloe has overslept twice.  (Once was Monday when it was 40 degrees outside and we were outside her house for 15 minutes because I had no other options.)  And once her kid and husband were sick so I had to decide between taking a four-month old to a sick house or calling out sick from work and getting docked $243.  (I called out.)  This arrangement is just too stressful so we are investigating other options (since we are STILL on the wait list at the church and have been since May); but, we are not having much success.

I really just want one day to eat cheese, bread and olive oil and fruit and chocolate, drink wine, watch the ID channel, lay in my comfy clothes and sleep.  And then maybe another half day to get my hair done and my toes painted (which I have done only once since the baby came.)

Sigh.  Okay.  Off to decorate for Christmas. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the update @harmonicbabe26 - glad you had a good holiday

Hang in there @jerseygirl227 - holiday break will be here soon!  Finding balance is definitely tough, especially without any family around to help out.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    @jerseygirl227 I'm so sorry for your sitter situation. Sounds frustrating. Even with a few friends and family helping here & there -NO ME TIME- right there with you. I don't ask for much. I just want sleep! Haha!

We had a good week. Baby is growing well on the new meds/formula combo. But we're super busy.

My favorite thing is the summer infant swaddler for the tiny baby. I still love my city select stroller. I couldn't do the tiniest errand with 2 babies without it. Right now a box from our rocking chair is a little house for the oldest. That's working out nicely!