January 2016 Moms

I. Just. Want. Sleep.

I'm exhausted. I haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks. The heartburn, the big belly - so uncomfortable, my back and hips hurt, it's too hot (even though it's never warmer then 40 degrees outside - live in MN)...I just feel like I can't win.

Re: I. Just. Want. Sleep.

• I'm having the same problem!! It just recently got 10x harder to sleep, and I'm getting up even more to pee....

I feel like no matter what side I'm on or position I'm in something is always going numb! And acid reflux no matter what now....

I also keep turning my heat off and ceiling fan on....ugh
  • BabyRut2015BabyRut2015 member
    edited December 2015
    Accidental repeat

Phone is dumb
  • Loading the player...
  • Amen sister! Just my hips hurting has put a major crimp in my sleep habits.
  • You ladies have a better excuse than me. Physically I'm okay, but mentally I'm nesting, planning, prepping, deciding, shopping etc. Ugh. Go to sleep brain!

• Ditto here. Plus an almost 2-year old DD with pneumonia and suspected asthma waking herself up every hour, coughing. :/ I know babe needs to stay in there a while longer, but it'd sure be nice to be rid of these pregnancy symptoms.
  • @kristanoah Don't worry, my brain is running nonstop too! And it does not help! I keep thinking of all the things I need to do but I have been soo tired and busy I haven't been able to do so.

@Emott13 I sure hope she feels better soon! I have spent a lot of time telling myself that baby would be okay if born sooner than later at this point. I'm 36 weeks today, due on the 1st.

There's just NO winning! But we're in the home stretch!
  • Right there with ya! Plus the fun sinus stuff that hits this time of year from the blasting furnace in the Midwest... I have given up my usual daily claritin for benadryl at night so I can get 3-5 hours in between tossing and turning.
  • Ughhh I get up every 1.5-2 hours to pee and then give up on going back to sleep around 3am, usually because I am starving!!! On good days I can go back to sleep from 7-10am. I think this is natures way of preparing me for the babys schedule!
  • Yes @Kellycrazymomma. The dry, stuffy nose...oh the joys.

@kristizoe most days, I feel like I'll get more sleep once the baby is here. My sleeping schedule will be very sparatic, but I'll be able to fall asleep, which is my problem now. That and waking up every 20 minutes because of one thing or another.
  • Any of you comfortable with it should start popping unisom sleep tabs. ;)
  • mg137 said:

Any of you comfortable with it should start popping unisom sleep tabs. ;)

I'm glad that works for you. My OB suggested it to me during a period of 3 hrs/night or less. Once it kicked in, I was lucky if I got an hour. Tomorrow marks 36 weeks, and an almost 7 lbs... (all healthy, just a big boy!) I'm just hoping he doesn't put us in the hospital when Santa is coming. Lol
  • Heartburn is keeping me up and also too much pain in the pelvic area. Only getting 4to5 hours of sleep max.
  • I'm on prilosec twice a day and I'm still chewing tums nightly for the heartburn! If I lay on my right side, my shoulder hurts so bad I've woken up in tears. So I exert way too much energy, wake up SO, and flip to my left side... which in turn causes my go to hurt immensely. Oh, and now I'm awake, so I might as well go pee. But flushing the toilet wakes up my 11 month old and the dogs...
    I feel ya, OP and PP's, I'm just about over this whole "no-sleep" gig.
  • I hear you there, I used to at least get a couple hours propping myself up. I've given up and just deal with the pelvic pain and sleep on my sides.
  • The next person to tell me "sleep while you can, haha!" or "you think you're tired now, just wait until the baby gets here!" Is getting skinned alive and I'm going to tan their hides and use them as a sleeping bag. I was okay the first 11 times I heard it. Now it's just getting old. I'm tired, I'm stressed, I'm hormonal. Please STFU and stop telling me how much sleep I'm not going to get when that's the one thing I need right now.

Preachhh!!!! I feel the exact same way.
  • I am taking ambien (I have for years bc of SEVERE insomnia and my OB wants me on it in hopes I can sleep) and am still taking diclegis. I haven't slept for more than 4 hours a night in three weeks. I slept for two hours in a row Thursday and it was glorious.

Pregnancy insomnia is the worst thing ever. You'd think sleeping pills would knock me out. Nope....I clean when I take them bc I actually feel decent (its a fake decent).
  • I wake up every few hours to turn on my sides which KILL ME. My hips are screaming in pain every night. I sometimes resort to my back but that is worse because of my sciatica. And when I finally find a comfy position, I get up to pee.
  • Anyone else feel like they are roasting at night? Last night we had all the windows open, it was 40 degrees, and I still felt like it was 90 in the room!
  • Cricket99 said:
    Anyone else feel like they are roasting at night? Last night we had all the windows open, it was 40 degrees, and I still felt like it was 90 in the room!
    Yes! I get this. I set our house to 64 last night and I think I froze poor hubbie out. Meanwhile I look like I'm going through menopause.

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I swear it's a 100 degrees in my apartment even though it's never anymore than 40 degrees outside. My temporary roommates keep turning the heat on...I'm pretty sure they wait until I go to bed and then crank it up to 75 because every time I get up its turned up. Grrr!! Thank heaven they'll be gone soon...