New to The Bump

New to The Bump and Currently pre-TTC

Hi everyone, my name is Christine!  I'm new around these parts-my husband and I are both in our early 30s.  We've been married for 7 years and recently decided to get everything in order and start a family.  We both work full-time and have busy careers, bought our first house a year ago (I think this was what really started the conversation) and we have 2 dogs, a cat, and a fish.

We are the people who always said "nope, never having kids" until we realized we wanted to start a family.  

We're taking the next few months to get our finances in order, do research about the costs of medical care, insurance daycare etc., and make sure we're both healthy.  We're paying off some bills early (a car, a student loan) and saving all the money we can. I have a recently diagnosed severe soy allergy so I'm also using this time to get it under control so I can reduce the chance of reaction during pregnancy (soy is in EVERYTHING).

Depending on how the pregnancy goes, we're planning on using a combination of professional childcare and family assistance starting at 6 weeks.  I'll be hoping to return to work as soon as possible and we will definitely be a family with both parents working.

Thanks everyone for listening.  I'm looking forward to learning a lot here and meeting many interesting people!

Re: New to The Bump and Currently pre-TTC

• Hi everyone, my name is Christine!  I'm new around these parts-my husband and I are both in our early 30s.  We've been married for 7 years and recently decided to get everything in order and start a family.  We both work full-time and have busy careers, bought our first house a year ago (I think this was what really started the conversation) and we have 2 dogs, a cat, and a fish.

We are the people who always said "nope, never having kids" until we realized we wanted to start a family.  

We're taking the next few months to get our finances in order, do research about the costs of medical care, insurance daycare etc., and make sure we're both healthy.  We're paying off some bills early (a car, a student loan) and saving all the money we can. I have a recently diagnosed severe soy allergy so I'm also using this time to get it under control so I can reduce the chance of reaction during pregnancy (soy is in EVERYTHING).

Depending on how the pregnancy goes, we're planning on using a combination of professional childcare and family assistance starting at 6 weeks.  I'll be hoping to return to work as soon as possible and we will definitely be a family with both parents working.

Thanks everyone for listening.  I'm looking forward to learning a lot here and meeting many interesting people!
    @duckie1905

Welcome and hope all goes well for you!
    Me:27 | DH: 26
    Married: 7/26/14
    NTNP since: September '15
    TTC #1: October '15