August 2015 Moms

DaiseyGonzoDaiseyGonzo member
edited November 2015 in August 2015 Moms
Hello fellow bumpies. My name is Taylor Gonzalez; I'm new to the bump and it said to start my introducing myself. I've actually had the app for about a week but I'm just now able to interact. I am sixteen years old and had my baby boy on August 26. He'll be three months on Thanksgiving. His name is Xzavier August Gonzalez. Ironic, huh? He was 21 inches long and weighed 7.10 pounds. We didn't have any major problems at birth, however he was in the NICU for about four days due to some concerns with his breathing and his bilirubin. Having to go home without him was heartbreaking, but we survived and he's now healthy as can be.

I'm super excited to be able to connect, share stories, and get advice from other parents.

Re: New member

• Welcome and congratulations on your baby boy! 
  • Welcome and congrats! It's a little quiet here but don't let that deter you!

My LO was born 8/3, and she also had a high bilirubin count and breathing concerns because she inhaled meconium. She didn't have to stay in the NICU, but we did have to go back to the hospital when she was a four days old to be treated with phototherapy. That was tough!

I'm 23 and married and gotta say that motherhood has been quite an adjustment for me, so I can't imagine where you're at in all this. I hope your LO has been an incredible blessing to you even though I know it must be hard!

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you. I appreciate the warm welcome.

That's crazy. My son was born without a web under his tongue, so he constantly sat his tongue at the top of his mouth and it caused him to wheeze, which concerned the doctors.

And a blessing in deed. It can be stressful at times, but I'm adjusting very well.
  • Welcome to the group my son Isaiah was born August 9th at 8lbs5oz time has flown by