Baby Names
Options

Husband no longer likes our girl name - help!

My girl name forever (including our last team green child) has been Tessa Grace.  I was going to try and get him to switch to Tessa Mae for this one since Mae has a more significant meaning to me but he has now told me that he doesn't like Tessa.  Apparently he was so sure the last one would be a boy he didn't worry about telling me then!  So I'm looking for help/ideas on a new girl name.  Middle name will be Mae and our 2 syllable last name ends in -ee so I'm not sure about some of the names I like that have that same sound.  Big brother is James.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?  TIA!

On my list:

Charlotte Mae (getting too popular?)

Eloise (nn: Ellie) Mae

Emme Mae (hubby likes this one, I haven't shared the rest with him)

Etta Mae

Gemma Mae

Hazel Mae

Lucy Mae

Penelope (nn: Penny) Mae

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Husband no longer likes our girl name - help!

• Options
    That's tough, but I agree that it's important for you to both love your daughters name. You have some really great names on your list. 

Charlotte Mae (getting too popular?) - It is getting more popular, but I feel like so is a lot of names that are similar to it. It's really all relative, and popularity doesn't mean that much. I know one Charlotte - she's 27. I don't LOVE the name, but I do love the nn Lottie. On that note - what about Lottie Mae? It seems to fit in this list, and is very sweet. 

Eloise (nn: Ellie) Mae - I like Eloise, but the nn Ellie is overdone. Which I know is basically the opposite advice I gave for Charlotte. Ellie truly is everywhere. She will be 1/8 in her class. 

Emme Mae (hubby likes this one, I haven't shared the rest with him) - Emme/Emmy Mae, I don't love. What about Emmeline Mae? It seems a bit more complete when paired with a shorter middle. 

Etta Mae - I like Etta. 

Gemma Mae - I think Gemma had a time, and it's passed. It's lovely, but I worry about it long term. 

Hazel Mae - a fantastic pairing. My favourite from your list! I also think it goes very well with James. 

Lucy Mae - It's sweet. Maybe a little too cutesy though? 

Penelope (nn: Penny) Mae - Cute, but really rising in popularity. While so is Charlotte, I feel like the contrast between The Royal Family using a name and Kourtney Kardashian plays a big role in what type of popular it becomes. (If that makes any sense at all.) 

Hazel and James is seriously so sweet together. 

Good luck! 

• Options

I actually really like Lottie but wasn't sure about using it as the actual name vs. a nickname.

I also really like Hazel - am worried about what my husband will think but I need to run it past him.

Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    They're all nice. I like Lucy and Penelope the best with Mae.

Eloise is lovely even if I dislike the nickname Ellie. Just don't call her Ellie Mae, that's cruel.
  • Options
    Hazel and Etta are my favorites. Suggest Violet, Stella, or Ada.
  • Options
    My top pick would be Eloise, as that is my DD1 name. She is Eloise, no nn. When I read Emme my DD2 came to mind, Emeline. I think either one of those (Eloise, Emeline) is adorable, yes, I am biased! I like Hazel and Lucy as well but I just don't think it pairs with Mae very well, IMO. Another name that comes to mind is Hattie.
  • Options
    My daughter's name is Lucy Mae!!
  • Options
    Love Lucy Mae!
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Please go with Etta! I LOVE it, but my DH wasn't a fan so we had to go in another direction.
    Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016

• Options

keri0426 Hattie was my #2 name but it got axed by my hubby as well :(  Love, love that name!

englishtearose Etta is now one of my favorites but I'm worried about the same thing - not sure it's my husband's style.

Thanks ladies - I think my top 3 are Charlotte (nn: Lottie), Hazel and Etta!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Another vote for Hazel!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    I vote hazel too
  • Options

My favorites are Hazel and Lucy.

I'm an adult Charlotte and while I love my name, I would not choose it for a baby now. It's so popular that I get sick of hearing it.

• Options
    I would run all of the names past your husband, see which ones are left over, and then come back to this thread and show us what is left over. Otherwise, we could all be talking about how much we love Charlotte (or one of other names) only to have your husband say that he hates it...and it would be off the list anyway. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    Yes please don't name her Ellie Mae or she won't hear the end of it! I like Lucy a lot.
  • Options
    I like Penelope nn Poppy instead of Penny. Otherwise, Hazel for sure!
  • Options
    I'd got for Lucy, Etta or Charlotte-- if you call her Lottie
  • Options
    I LOVE Gemma. DH vetoed it for us but I haven't given up on it. I think Hazel is growing so quickly in popularity that I wouldn't pick it. Just me. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I love Hazel! Charlotte is a nice name but it's so popular nowadays that I am sick and tired of it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hazel is lovely.
    Ellie May Clampett was one of the Beverly Hillbillies, so please for the love of all that is holy don't do that.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama!