March 2016 Moms
Options

Is anyone else still not showing??

Im trying to plan my maternity photo shoot and im just waiting for the bump! Lol any other first timers still not showing?

Re: Is anyone else still not showing??

• Options
    i am finally & i kinda miss all the "you dont even look pregnant!" comments. now all i hear is "OHMYGOD you got huuuuge!" :( hahaha
  • Options
    kyraaD said:

i am finally & i kinda miss all the "you dont even look pregnant!" comments. now all i hear is "OHMYGOD you got huuuuge!" :( hahaha

Lol i had a dream last night that i was showing and missing my flat stomach! Lol maybe I should change perspective. Did you start showing "overnight" or was it progressive?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    well, for me is was almost like overnight, hahah. as soon as i hit 18 weeks my belly really popped out & it became obvious i was pregnant & not just fat. but I'm at 24 weeks now & it has been a progressive growth. i dont think I'm much much bigger now than i was at 18 weeks. people definitely notice now though! & aren't afraid to tell me :neutral:
  • Options
    I'm 27 weeks and not showing much or have a big bump. I'm heavier to start with and seem to just get bigger all over when pregnant.
  • Options
    Im 25 weeks and i only look sorta pregnant after eating im still in that is she fat or pregnant stage.... She moves like crazy and every now and again comes to the front and pops out but then she sinks back in and dissappears lol im hoping she shows soon though. So your not alone
  • Options
    I'm 24 weeks and at the point where people who know me can tell I'm showing, but strangers might not notice or be too unsure to comment. Definitely not big enough for a maternity shoot. If I was doing one I'd probably schedule for like 32-35 weeks.
  • Options
    Wow, I think it is so cool how different each person and each pregnancy can be. 
    Until this thread opened up, I just assumed everyone had a big round belly like me. I was quite wrong!
    Complete strangers have commented on my pregnant belly. So I'm certainly (finally) past the "she ate too many oreos" phase.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm barely showing at 26 weeks. Still wearing non maternity t shirts some of the time too. First thing in the morning there's nothing. By the end of the day there's a little bump there.
  • Options
    I wrote a response but I must have not posted it - whoops. With my last I didn't get the "photo perfect" bump til 41 weeks, some people just take time, especially ladies with long torsos who aren't super skinny like me. I work with 4 coworkers who ar pregnant, I'm the furthest along with no bump. I actually feel bad because some insensitive coworkers say "wow you're huge and she's tiny", people are dense.
    I'd contact a photographer and let her know you want to do a mat shoot but you're still tiny. They'll likely schedule a few different weeks.
  • Options
    oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited December 2015
    One of my friends had her first baby 7m ago - she's slender and several inches taller than me, with a long torso. She had no noticeable bump at all before 32 weeks, and "other people" couldn't tell she was pregnant until 36 weeks. She never got a big round bump at all; she maybe looked about what I do at 20w when she was 40w (I'm short with a short torso). She still had some really sweet maternity photos done though, more to remember the time than just show a big belly. It's a great idea to go ahead and talk to someone like @jenniferamcooper mentioned .. It'll be nice for you to have the pics to look back on no matter what size your bump is :)

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    Not me, but my stepsister is 23 weeks and you'd NEVER know it by looking at her.

Meanwhile, I was freaking huge at that point (and still am now). I never would have expected her to look as tiny as she does, but I guess we all carry differently!

• Options
    I'll hit 26 weeks tomorrow with baby #3. The bump just popped this last week. Or maybe it was all the turkey I ate. I swear, all I heard was "are you carrying the baby in your butt". For some reason my butt got huge but the bump just started to kick in.
  • Options
    I'm at 24 weeks, first baby.  I started slightly overweight (not so flat belly), but only last week bought my first maternity clothes, a pair of jeans.  I feel like I'm not showing at all and haven't had any questioning or comments as to being the pregnancy being noticeable.  I only purchased the pants because I do feel my regular jeans are occasionally snug and find my self at certain times in the day unbuttoning them.  I have a feeling I'll be "showing" no doubt within the next four weeks or so.
  • Options
    With my first I would have had to wait until about 37 weeks to have a photo ready bump. I didn't really look super pregnant until the very, very end. With this one I'm definitely showing but still at the point that if I'm wearing drapey clothes you really don't notice unless you're obviously looking. It sounds like you should plan to wear something form fitting even if you do wait and I will offer the caveat not to wait TOO long I've had friends that have planned for 38 weeks and then gone early and missed getting pictures!
  • Options
    If I wear something very tight fitting, you can see that I got something going on, but it's not so obvious that anyone can comment as I still look like I just had a huge dinner or something. If I wear looser clothing, you can't tell I'm pregnant at all yet. I have spent hours looking online to see others who look similar just to calm my fears. It happens. It seems perfectly normal. Eventually it will "pop". Just takes longer than some. I think for maternity pictures, I would be looking at weeks 32-35 personally. It won't be a huge bump most likely, but it will definitely be a cute baby bump by then, and not just a "large dinner". And that way you would still stay clear of weeks 37+ just to be sure. 

imageimage

• Options
    @mshukh I spent hours obsessively googling low weight gain and pregnancy. Unfortunately nothing good came out of it except stress :(

I thought the one good thing is that I only has 2 small "stretch" marks (couple mm long if that) from when I bloated at weeks 6-8. Unfortunately I finally popped at 41 weeks and my 2 teeny ones blossomed to 2 tiny ones. If I had gone early/on time I would have missed the bump experience.
  • Options
    25 weeks and this is my 4th pregnancy but 5th child had twins 18 months ago this is a pic i took this morning