Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Question about lochia (postpartum bleeding)

I'm 11 days PP (via C-section), and I'm still experiencing postpartum bleeding. It's like a lighter period, but still going strong. I looked it up and what I found said that around 10 days it's normally just discharge. Is it still normal? No blood clots or increase in bleeding.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, FTM...
Baby number 1 on the way!

Re: Question about lochia (postpartum bleeding)

• Options
    I bled for what seemed like a long time, too. I don't remember anything other than blood, no white discharge that I read about online, but my sister said she had clots and I didn't so I think everybody's body varies to an extent.
  • Options
    I will be 3 weeks pp tomorrow and am still bleeding! It sucks! I'm am so ready to nkt wear a pad anymore. Honestly, I can't remember how long I bled with my last pregnancies. But wanted to let you know you're not alone:(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 11 weeks pp, EBF abd it feels like my bleeding never stopped. I bleed for four weeks before it went to only yellow/white discharge. At my six week check up I started the mini pill and have been spotting enough each day to have to wear at least a panty liner.
    I am so tired of pads. I havent even gotten my first pp period. Blah.
  • Options
    I bled for about 4 weeks.  it slowly petered out.  Some women bleed for 6 weeks, some bleed for 3 and then it stops and comes back again.  it varies.  but there is an end in sight. 
  • Options
    delujm0 said:
    I bled for about 4 weeks.  it slowly petered out.  Some women bleed for 6 weeks, some bleed for 3 and then it stops and comes back again.  it varies.  but there is an end in sight. 
    This.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, I'm so glad to know I'm not alone! Hahaha, I'm so done with this. Wish I could wear a tampon! >_<
    Baby number 1 on the way!
  • Options

I am 11 weeks pp, EBF abd it feels like my bleeding never stopped. I bleed for four weeks before it went to only yellow/white discharge. At my six week check up I started the mini pill and have been spotting enough each day to have to wear at least a panty liner.
    I am so tired of pads. I havent even gotten my first pp period. Blah.

Exact same happened to me. EBF at 1st, bled 4 weeks, I swear it would stop long enough for me to stop wearing pads them bam back again. Started progesterone only pill at 6 weeks and spotted for 2 weeks straight. I thought Iwould bleed slowly forever and it finally did stop. It is very frustrating and there is that strong desire to get your body back to normal just know it will all be a memory soon.
  • Options
    rue:Drue:D member
    edited December 2015
    Mine didn't fully stop until around 5 weeks although it was much lighter after about 2. Then my period came back just shy of 8 weeks (I'm FF though).
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks and still spotting. Some days have been heavier like a period. I'm super surprised that I'm still bleeding. For awhile I thought I had my period but I think it's just still going on! And I had a c section and thought the bleeding wouldn't last as long or be as bad!