September 2015 Moms
Options

10 weeks and rolling over!

Haven't done a lot of tummy time with LO usually just put him on his back on the play mat.. Well today I did and he rolled over!! Anyone else's LO rolling over?

Re: 10 weeks and rolling over!

• Options
    My Lil'D was beginning to practice rolling over from back to front about a week ago but all that stopped since we visited my MIL house. She keeps the house very cold so baby is under heavy blankets all the time. I'm glad that we are going home tomorrow.
  • Options
    Yup! My little guy rolled from belly to back first at 6 weeks, then again at 12 weeks. Now at 13 weeks he's rolled both ways, but he's not a pro yet. So fun to see! Although that means we're one step closer to having to baby proof the house ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Little man has been rolling for a few weeks but today he's a master!!! I put him on his tummy in his crib for a couple minutes while I put up laundry and I turned around and he was on his back!! Rolled 5 more times after that!
  • Options
    Yes, we're 9 weeks here and have a tummy to back roller. He's got that mastered but no sign of back to front any time soon. Its so cute! He's always enjoyed tummy time so he got the hang of that pretty early.
  • Options
    Yes he started at 7 weeks. 13 weeks now and we're working on sitting. He's getting pretty good.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LO rolled from stomach to back at 10 1/2 weeks and more at almost 13 weeks is trying very hard to roll back to stomach.
  • Options
    Did your baby just get the hang of it on their own or is there something you did to encourage it? 10 weeks and no sign of motion here...
  • Options
    jen83mnjen83mn member
    edited November 2015

Did your baby just get the hang of it on their own or is there something you did to encourage it? 10 weeks and no sign of motion here...

We've been helping him roll over since around 6 weeks. We'll play with him on his back first, then when it's time for tummy time we'll help him roll over. Then when tummy time is over, we roll him back over to his back. Around 11 weeks we really started practicing with him and would roll him back and forth, playing for a minute in between. He liked it! I have found that he rolls more easily when he's playing with just his diaper on (he loves not having clothes on). I've read that babies feel more free to move when they're not clothed, so you could try that to help encourage it!

That being said, there was a huge leap in neck strength for my baby at 12 weeks. All of a sudden he was able to stay up on his arms for long periods of time during tummy time and was holding his head up like a champ. It was very sudden, so he definitely went through a developmental leap.
  • Options
    I haven't done tummy time really ever. Just happen to try yesterday and boom he rolled over. I always put on back on the play may because of the toys. He's rolled onto his side since the hospital but never to tummy all the way.
  • Options
    My LO is 3 months and still not rolling over. She has awesome head control and she is pretty strong. She scoots herself around like she is trying to frawl. She has done this since about 2.5 weeks old. But now she just kind of lays on her belly and eats her hands. She might lift her head up and lean on her arms, but she doesn't roll... is this normal? She's like 13 weeks old....
  • Options
    @kkerner87 my LO is almost 12 weeks and does the same thing! No signs of rolling over yet, but plenty of eating her hands!
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Options
    @kkerner87 Same here. 12 weeks. No sign of rolling over and hasn't been a huge fan of tummy time.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    About to be 13 weeks over here and no signs of rolling anytime soon :/ he has excellent head control and strength but is also not a fan of tummy time so he really never tries. I try and do it for him so he gets an idea but he never tried on his own. He also hasn't started to crab the toys on his play gym either. He has hit them but I don't think he knows he is. He grabs blankets his binky though. I don't know when he's supposed to be achieving these milestones but I get worried. I did put him in his jumperoo tonight though and was so surprised he could do it, he loves to jump. He didn't do it for very long before his neck hot tired but I was so impressed by my little man
  • Options
    I can't wait to open up our entertainer... My LO already loves to straighten and put weight on her legs. I don't think she's old enough yet at 10.5 weeks, she needs a bit more body control
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the same and he's 10.5 weeks too! @Sully3302
  • Options
    I actually posted a video on Facebook last week of mine rolling over at 9.5 weeks. And we never really did much tummy time because he hated it. I was pretty shocked too because it seemed so early, but sure enough he has done it multiple times since.