March 2015 Moms

Diaper and clothes changing help

Every time I change my daughters diaper or clothes she cries and squirms and rolls over and then she stops crying. She doesn't always do it and she doesn't do it when I change her on a changing table at a restaurant or store. Anybody else going through this? Any advice?

Re: Diaper and clothes changing help

• Same exact thing happening for me and it's driving me crazy! I try letting her play with something, which helps a little. I also sit or stand her up whenever I am able to in the course of her clothing change. I hope it's just a phase because she's just getting into everything now. She also cries when she realizes I'm starting her bedtime routine. Especially after playing with daddy before bed.
  • I hope it's a phase! I left her in her pjs this morning because I didn't feel good and didn't want to go through the struggle of trying to change her clothes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes!! My son is going through this too! It must be a stage but it is driving me insane too! I give him a toy and try to sing and talk silly and make noises to him which sometimes helps.
  • My son is doing the exact same thing. I have to give him something that makes a lot of noise to distract him. Half the time I'm giving him the wipes bag because it makes the loud crinkle sound and he'll stay still long enough for me to change his diaper. Then it's a race to get his clothes off and on before he realizes what I'm doing. He's also going through the crying when it's bed time and he sees he's about to be rocked. My husband is only home 1 week out of the month due to truck driving and I have no family here to help but when hubby was home he started a habit of screaming his lungs out and fighting sleep to the point of it taking hours to put him to bed. Thank God he is over that part but he still cries his eyes out until he falls asleep now. I really do hope this is a phase because it's wearing me out.
  • Quite obviously this is a phase. I don't know of any healthy adults (or, for that matter, potty-trained children) who crawl around naked, covered in poo because they stepped in their dirty nappy on the way to torment the dog.
  • Totally a stage! My little girl just stopped doing that this week, thank God!