2nd Trimester

Mommies need answers

I was on norco for back pain due to an accident I had. Which resulted in herniated discs. My gyro told me I could continue taking them as needed because the benefits outweigh the risk of being in pain. Has anyone else had to take this throughout pregnancy? Please no negative comments.

Re: Mommies need answers

• I was on norco for back pain due to an accident I had. Which resulted in herniated discs. My gyro told me I could continue taking them as needed because the benefits outweigh the risk of being in pain. Has anyone else had to take this throughout pregnancy? Please no negative comments.
    Trust your doctor.
    Yep. And if you don't trust your doctor, see another one for a second opinion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • the dr I work for days the same however he will taper down higher doses
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor prescribed me norco for a migraine I had for days that wouldn't let up. Thank goodness he did because I felt like I was dying. If your doctor says it's better for you to take it, then I would trust him. Talk to him about your concerns if you want to discuss it further.
  • I had to take Norco for after a root canal in my first trimester.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Thank you help eases my worries some days it's just worse than others I worry though she said no matter what she will taper me down in the last few months.
  • This is good.  Trying to wean off of the norco as soon as possible is good advice.  My previous job as a nurse was to take care of opiate/drug exposed newborns.  If you take norco through your entire pregnancy, your baby will go through a withdrawal period after delivery as he/she no longer has the norco on board.  To the baby, it doesn't matter whether you have a prescription from your doctor or you are taking percocet from a drug dealer.  I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain - I hope that it becomes more manageable.

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!