May 2016 Moms

Botox 2nd trimester on...

Re: Botox 2nd trimester on...

• Botox done correctly doesn't freeze your face.  Some people/docs do go overboard yes, but I've never had that happen to me.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I've seen good and bad cosmetic Botox, and like so many things it has to do with what the patient/consumers expectations are, and the talent/skill of the person providing the service! Doesn't matter what it is: dentistry, bathroom remodel, hair cut, etc! And just because you are a celebrity and pay top dollar doesn't guarantee a good job.

Re: aging gracefully - are you never going to color your gray hair, whiten your teeth, wear a push up bra or shape wear, use retinol products etc? What's the difference? Who says what's ok a not ok? Everyone draws the line in the place that makes THEM most comfortable. It's not black and white ", or one better than the other, it's just personal preference.
  • With age comes getting old, that's how life works. You're going to get wrinkles, you're going to look older. Aging, that's what it does to people. You'll never get me to stick a needle in or anywhere near my face. lol But to each their own!! :) I have a close male friend who had it done for his birthday and he LOVED it.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  •  @doozer1345.  I do know what Botox is about and what's in it. I've had it for years. I've read it does not migrate to other parts of your body and some people do continue it. As I stated, I had not spoken with my Dr. yet, and now I know what he is going to say. 

I believe you are the the one who is silly and unknowledgeable for even commenting in the first place as you stated you don't use it, never have then proceeded to make fun of me with your silly GIF's. My question was not directed at you or anyone else who would say to get bangs or more makeup. It was directed at users. I wanted to know what their Dr.'s said as I stated in my OP because I had read conflicting reports.  
  • @sarahleigh2...definitely! I've been waiting out my teeth whitening and hair coloring until this second trimester,  I hope I can resume it asap!
  • How long does botox last? Where does it go, does it just dissolve into you're system? From what I read it seems to be better just to wait, doesn't seem to be enough evidence for or against it...but isn't there a natural filler that comes into your face when pregnant? (Probably fills the wrong areas lol)
  • Getting back to the original topic, what part of the face are you injecting? Is Restylane an option for you?
  • Agreed @lemmyRN. Sure, we had some fun with a GIF or two, but no one was mean-spirited or criticizing your desire to get botox or not. If anything, it opened a conversation about why its so shameful for women to age, which is not a bad convo to be having. 

PS, I love that lemmyRN replied with a GIF of a wife of a well known plastic surgeun. ON POINT!

cat fail animated GIF

• yogahhyogahh member
    edited December 2015
    Also @40mom, I have noticed you have not participated in any threads but your own. We would love to get to know you outside of the botox thread!! Not sure if you have poked around, but we have daily threads like WTF Weds and HDBD that help to form relationships on the bump. Check them out if you havent already and feel free to partake/introduce yourself!

cat fail animated GIF

• This thread is hilarious.
  • edited December 2015

Uhmm..Most of the replies to my thread were not in answer to my question and were rude with the irrelevant opinions of those who do not even use Botox. I am new to these boards, and if this is the way people behave, then no, I have no desire to participate in further discussions with people.  So, in answer to @yogahh who is apparently stalking me to know I have not commented on other people's posts... I will be deleting my account. This is ridiculous! 
  •  @missingchampagne...perhaps..I have not looked into it.
  • 40mom said:

Uhmm..Most of the replies to my thread were not in answer to my question and were rude with the irrelevant opinions of those who do not even use Botox. I am new to these boards, and if this is the way people behave, then no, I have no desire to participate in further discussions with people.  So, in answer to @yogahh who is apparently stalking me to know I have not commented on other people's posts... I will be deleting my account. This is ridiculous! 
    No one is stalking you... but when someone who is new comes around, its a normal reaction to check out their past history. Wasn't sure if you were a regular whose name I just didn't recognize. Deleting your account is pretty rash, especially when on your other thread, you had a ton of support. Stick around and get to know the community. Its a valuable resource, especially if you are a FTM! 

cat fail animated GIF

• also, just a quick google search brought me to this website. not sure if this would work for you?

cat fail animated GIF

• 40mom said:
     @doozer1345.  I do know what Botox is about and what's in it. I've had it for years. I've read it does not migrate to other parts of your body and some people do continue it. As I stated, I had not spoken with my Dr. yet, and now I know what he is going to say. 

I believe you are the the one who is silly and unknowledgeable for even commenting in the first place as you stated you don't use it, never have then proceeded to make fun of me with your silly GIF's. My question was not directed at you or anyone else who would say to get bangs or more makeup. It was directed at users. I wanted to know what their Dr.'s said as I stated in my OP because I had read conflicting reports.  
    My GIF did not direct you to get bangs. The lady in the GIF was just explaining she GOT bangs. I am knowledgeable enough to know that it was silly to ask if pg people were continuing to have injections of chemicals in their face. It's ok if you don't think so. I have my opinion you have yours. Also, I didn't tell you to wear more makeup either.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Perhaps I misunderstood the bit about aging gracefully to me on my first read it seemed to be a judgement and that aging 'gracefully' means aging 'naturally' and that that is somehow 'better' or at least it's 'too bad' women don't feel comfortable doing that. In my opinion no one is better than anyone else because of their beauty routine. If that was not the spirit of the comments then my apologies I misunderstood. :blush:

Image topics are always going to be loaded. My intention was just to be thought provoking about beauty measures many folks are already using and how they are really not so different from Botox or anything else for that matter. And what is motivating their judgements if any have been made (Not to insult anyone).

This thread has made me laugh (in a good way). And taken my mind off of some unpleasant pregnancy symptoms (please go away morning sickness). So thanks for contributing, I always appreciate a spirited debate and I look forward to more!!

Cheers and best wishes to all you ladies :wink:
  • 40mom said:

Stalking?? Really? Are you sure? This escalated quickly. Why are the opinios irrelevant? Is it bc you don't like them? Come on over to UO Thursday...Maybe you'll see what it's like to have a conversation with people with differing opinions. It's an adult activity that is useful in life.

Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• 40mom said:

GBCB
  • saraleigh2saraleigh2 member
    edited December 2015
    @40mom don't get turned off!!! It's just a misunderstanding; these women are all good people when you get to know them, they encourage each other, calm each other's fears, pray for each other, and grieve difficult times together. It's just the topic - image is always going to be difficult as I said before. At least review some other threads before you delete your account. Whatever you decide I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy and baby! Congratulations!
  • sarawifenowsarawifenow member
    edited December 2015
    40mom said:

Lol I wasn't going to comment on this but this just took the cake. Hahaha damn, @yogahh stop being a stalker! Oh and, bye OP. Good luck on your pregnancy and hope you are able to get back to your botox very soon!
  • KurrantKurrant member
    edited December 2015
    IMHO if you are going to start a thread about a sensitive or controversial topic you should expect some form of debate. To start a thread on a public forum and then get huffy because people don't agree or because they weren't welcome to comment is a bit ridiculous. 
    My initial comment was only to laugh at the fact that some people made it sound as if Botox is expected of all women and must be done at some point. I even stated that my intention isn't to insult or dis people...most people actually said that to some degree. You are the only one being incredibly rude. 

As for @yogahh stalking you . . . that's just crazy. I've only been here for 3-4 months but lately every time that I see a new name I check out the profile of the person so that I know if I have run into them before. It helps get to know people or remind you of who they are in case pregnancy brain has hit. It's trying to get to know the community of women that I will be talking to about all of the joy, sadness and everything in between that we will all be going through with pregnancy and hopefully after.

Edited because I don't know why the quotey thing is there . . . I didn't quote anyone! I cant get rid of it!
  • Kurrant said:
    IMHO if you are going to start a thread about a sensitive or controversial topic you should expect some form of debate. To start a thread on a public forum and then get huffy because people don't agree or because they weren't welcome to comment is a bit ridiculous. 
    My initial comment was only to laugh at the fact that some people made it sound as if Botox is expected of all women and must be done at some point. I even stated that my intention isn't to insult or dis people...most people actually said that to some degree. You are the only one being incredibly rude. 

I'm watching you watching me.....Just so you know.

As for @yogahh stalking you . . . that's just crazy. I've only been here for 3-4 months but lately every time that I see a new name I check out the profile of the person so that I know if I have run into them before. It helps get to know people or remind you of who they are in case pregnancy brain has hit. It's trying to get to know the community of women that I will be talking to about all of the joy, sadness and everything in between that we will all be going through with pregnancy and hopefully after.

Edited because I don't know why the quotey thing is there . . . I didn't quote anyone! I cant get rid of it!

Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Watch out errybody

• Did I miss something? @yogahh 's picture is now @LadySamLady 's picture. Did you two sync up and become twins or is my phone being haywire and confusing me? It was hard to keep up while reading those posts! Lol.
  • I recommend a hairstyle with bangs.

This made me totally LOL for real.
  • kp90 said:

Did I miss something? @yogahh 's picture is now @LadySamLady 's picture. Did you two sync up and become twins or is my phone being haywire and confusing me? It was hard to keep up while reading those posts! Lol.

say whaaaaaat

• Did I miss something? @yogahh 's picture is now @LadySamLady 's picture. Did you two sync up and become twins or is my phone being haywire and confusing me? It was hard to keep up while reading those posts! Lol.
    say whaaaaaat
    TWINSIES!!!

cat fail animated GIF

• Ok.. Now they're back to normal :neutral: whoops. Must have been my phone. Odd.