Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Ovulation at CD46?

Hello Ladies!

Period is 10 days late and I had a negative blood test come back. I have come to terms with the idea of not ovulating this month and skipping it. I decided to start using my clearblue ovulation test I have that I am trying to use up. I started about 4 days ago.

The first day was a blank circle indicating It was low. The next 2 days I was shocked, I was getting flashing smileys.

Today I got the solid smiley and according to the test I am suppose to not continue testing until after my period starts if I don't become pregnant.

I am just curious if any of you ladies have heard from other blogs or friends/family of ladies ovulating super late in the cycle and actually conceiving?

I haven't started tempting yet but I planto start tomorrow.

I was told by the nurse to call when I hit cd60 with no AF but if I truly ovulated I would be 14dpo and if the timing was right hopefully a BFP.

I guess I have some hope it's may be a Christmas miracle but I know I shouldn't.

What do you ladies think.

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ovulation at CD46?

• Options
    Yes, but the nurse said I most likely just skipped a cycle and wouldn't have a period until next cycle anyways.

They also stated since my cycles are irregular there isn't much they can do. It's what I get for having a military spouse. I
    get treated at military hospitals and they don't care that I am trying to conceive. It's quite frustrating.

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have definitely read of women ovulating and getting pregnant really late.. even on CD 100 or later.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    Thank you I will look into the wondfos and get those ordered.

I haven't been this irregular ever. It has been very different and I wasn't temping so it's hard to know what the heck is going on with my body.

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard of this happening and seen charts showing this on Fertility Friend. It could be worth you having a look on their website or downloading the app - I would also recommend tempting so that you can start to track your cycles @Smashbox29

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with PP. Yes, it is possible to ovulate this late in your cycle and get pregnant, but TheBorg7of9 is right, you can't start using the clear blue advanced in the middle of your cycle and expect it to be accurate so I would recommend confirming with a different test like the Wondfos and temping as well.
  • Options
    kcolly32kcolly32 member
    edited November 2015

You can't start the advanced version in the middle of the cycle. You have to start at the beginning of the cycle. Have you read the directions?

@TheBorg7of9 Actually with clear blue advance it tells you to not start testing until you're 20 days before your period. I have 35-40 day cycles so it says not to start using it until CD 15 and sometimes that's too early and I run out of sticks. @Smashbox29 I ovulate later and different times, haven't gotten a BFP yet but I have heard of people still conceiving with late ovulation. If you got a solid smiley that's a good sign but doesn't mean you're going to ovulate. I stopped using clear blue because I have multiple peaks in my cycle so it was confusing, I only figured it out with temping. Try buying Wondfos, theyre super cheap and i get positives with those as well, just make sure you don't use FMU. Try testing those in the afternoon or evening.

edited: grammar is hard first thing in the morning.

Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    You can get pregnant any time you ovulate, regardless of how late it happens. You can start temping tomorrow if you want but don't expect it to help you at all this cycle. You need a minimum of 6 temps before ovulation for FF to detect a temp spike for ovulation. If you just a start temping when you think you might be ovulating, you won't have a baseline to compare your temps to to see if there's a spike or not.
  • Options
    *Lurking* *TW*

Like PPs said, you can get pregnant with irregular/long cycles. I am your anecdotal story, since I have completely random cycle lengths. The cycle I got pregnant I O'd around CD35. I've had varying cycles up to 52 days. I managed to get KU. Also, I know some girls on here that got KU with even longer cycles. As long as you're releasing an egg, you can get pregnant.

I think if you're not doing it, consider temping/charting. I learned a lot about my long cycles from temping and charting and noticed there was more of a pattern than I had thought, even with long cycles. And I second the wondfo opks (I use the cvs brand, they're the same strips) since you can use them anytime in your cycle. With long cycles, that's especially helpful. Also, your surge can last more than one day so the strips are extra helpful. Some brands completely shut down once you get a surge.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I appreciate all of you ladies for giving me honest and truthful answers. I believe AF showed her face today. Its a bittersweet moment by ending my LONG cycle but confirms what all you ladies spoke on using OPK wrong. I am going try temping this month but decided to not put too much worry in if I conceive or not. I want to build my chart before actively trying again.

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Stick around and join us on the WTO threads!
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017