Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Multiple trisomy pregnancies?

Hello everyone!
I am trying to follow all of the guidelines so please forgive me if there has already been a discussion started on this. Here is some background: I have had three miscarriages in the last 8 or so months. The first was a natural loss at 6 weeks. The seconds was a chemical pregnancy. The third I was on progesterone and baby aspirin but had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks (baby stopped developing at 7 weeks). I had a D&C and the tissue was tested and results came back as Trisomy 22. My husband and I haven't gotten any info on this and won't until December 16th when we meet with a genetic counselor and a high risk pregnancy Dr. I'm not sure what caused the other two, but I have a feeling they were chromosome issues as well. I'm 24 and healthy. I've had the thrombophilia panel done and all came back normal except slightly low protein s. I'm just wondering.. Could it be possible that all of my eggs are bad? Has anyone else had these trisomy issues and then gone on to have a successful pregnancy? I'm losing a little bit of hope and patience!! I would also appreciate any advice for what I should be doing right now! I'm still taking baby aspirin, a really strong multivitamin, coq10, fish oil, and trying to excercise every day. It is hard for me to sit around and wait with absolutely no control. :( Thank you for reading.

Re: Multiple trisomy pregnancies?

• Options
    I haven't had this experience, I've had one MC but I have heard and read of people that have multiple miscarriages because of genetic issues. Some people are predisposed to have more miscarriages and it could be either one in the couple, man or woman. Typically (not always), someone else in the family (aunt, grandmother, etc) will have had the same issues of either multiple miscarriages and/or a child with a chromosomal abnormality as this tends to be a genetic trait. I'm not a doctor so I don't know what the next step will be, the counselor and doctor will likely recommend genetic testing for both if you (which will hopefully come out well!!) and recommend the next step, which could be try again or an egg/sperm donor.

I do know two women that have gone on to have two pregnancies each after three consecutive unexplained miscarriages. Like I said, I'm no doctor but I really wouldn't worry until there was a reason to worry, these problems I mentioned are very rare and tend to run in the family. I am praying for you, I imagine you're losing your mind just waiting for answers but don't feel like a baby is not in your future. Some women have multiple losses and go on to have multiple babies! Stay positive and reach out if you need us to keep you positive. Please keep us posted!!! We're with you!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! You are right the waiting is the hardest part. I will keep everyone updated.