Formula Feeding

Soy formula?

my 3 week old was on Similac for supplementation and had tons of gas and discomfort. The dr switched him to Similac total comfort. That seemed to help the gas for a few days. Now the gas is back bad along with fussiness and diarrhea. I'm thinking we may need to try soy. Thoughts?

Re: Soy formula?

• Our LO had diarrhea at about four weeks.  Dr. said to switch her to soy, so we used the Enfamil soy.  It helped with the diarrhea, but then, after a few days, she seemed constipated.  So we switched back to the newborn Enfamil.  It took about a week or so, but she  seemed to regulate.  Dr. said it can take their systems some tome to adjust after a switch.

Our Dr. also said we could use probiotics for infants, but I wasn't sure I was comfortable with that so we skipped it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We switched LO to soy as well and it definitely helped is gas but he got constipated basically immediately which was awful. However adding prune juice to his bottles per pedi recommendation has really helped.
  • Loading the player...
  • Today my doctor switch my daughter milk from similac advance to good start soy. my daughter having a hard time getting use to the new milk. how can I make it easier for her?
  • My little girl drinks soy. Poops regularly. She would projectile vomit regular formula ..
  • 1/2 & 1/2 old combined with new.

Soy can't be used for preemies.

Milk & soy allergies often go hand in hand. Might need nutramigen or alimentum.