Birthday Parties

Party games or no & Timeline

My DS's 5th b-day with a pirate theme will be at an indoor wooden playground showroom. It's for an hour and a half. I asked the guy there if people do games or anything, but he said they mostly just have the kids run around and then eat.
 Would that be too lame? Or, should I have some sort of organized game? Most of the other kids are still 4.
 I guess I could hide golden coins on the different swingsets for a treasure hunt...
 Most of DS's preschool class will be there, so it should be pretty packed with kids running around.
 They would run around for about 45 minutes and then we would have pizza, sing happy birthday and have cupcakes.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Party games or no & Timeline

• Hello!

I own a party company. I would say because an hour and a half is short you really don't need to plan anything else. In spaces like this where kids will be running all over it can be very challenging to organize them into a game. I think your son's party sounds like it will be great, so  just let them enjoy playing together and have food/cupcakes. Another option is to have a small craft set up in the area where the food will be as maybe some kids won't want to run around etc.