July 2016 Moms

Twins/Multiples Roll Call

I searched and saw a few mentions of twins but not a specific thread. Please pardon me if this has already been done.

Who else is having twins/multiples? Are you interested in a weekly check-in?

I have almost 9 month old b/g twins and am currently 7w1d pregnant with di/di twins. My only symptoms so far are minor nausea, major exhaustion and occasional cramping.

My first set of twins came at 35 weeks so I expect these ones may make their debut in June but I'm still going to hang out here, too, in the interim.

Re: Twins/Multiples Roll Call

• I am a twin...does that count?!

Lol of course! The more, the merrier. Especially since it seems I'm the only twin mom and that is going to make for some boring weekly check-ins...
  • Loading the player...
  • iSalsa said:

I am a twin...does that count?!

Lol of course! The more, the merrier. Especially since it seems I'm the only twin mom and that is going to make for some boring weekly check-ins...
    Your not! There are a few in the ultrasound thread, maybe tag them?
    Also, congrats! Two sets of twins would be the most amazing chaos! I love it!
  • #twinzrule! My sister is convinced that I'm having twins, and she's pretty sure if I do she'll get to keep one...they would have as much of her dna as my dna! (Or so she says...)
  • I'm having twins! I would love a check in. I'm glad you made a thread, I thought about doing it myself but didn't. I'm 9 w 3 d with fraternal twins. I'm afraid I don't know the lingo or anything yet. Actually I expect I may have a zillion questions for you. I'm due July 1.
  • jlgriff11 said:

I'm having twins! I would love a check in. I'm glad you made a thread, I thought about doing it myself but didn't. I'm 9 w 3 d with fraternal twins. I'm afraid I don't know the lingo or anything yet. Actually I expect I may have a zillion questions for you. I'm due July 1.

Yay! Congratulations!! I'm happy to have some company :). We'll definitely do a weekly check-in (I'm new at this so please make any suggestions you may have!). And don't hesitate to ask away, I'm happy to share any part(s) of my experience.
  • Well to start out with, how did you deal with sleeping arrangements while they were still in your room? Two bassinets?
  • jlgriff11 said:

Well to start out with, how did you deal with sleeping arrangements while they were still in your room? Two bassinets?

Both of their cribs fit in our room so we put them both in there. We didn't move them out until they were over 7 months old and even though we have enough bedrooms for them to each have their own, we have them in the same room (separate cribs) for now.

My son had severe reflux due to a problem with his trachea and had to sleep on an incline so he actually slept next to me in a Rock n Play (at the recommendation of hospital staff) until he was able to lie flat and sleep in his crib.
  • I'm 8w5d pregnant with twins! This is my first pregnancy and I honestly wasn't even sure I could get pregnant. My bf and I weren't really trying... But here I am.
  • EmRang said:

I'm 8w5d pregnant with twins! This is my first pregnancy and I honestly wasn't even sure I could get pregnant. My bf and I weren't really trying... But here I am.

Congratulations and welcome!
  • I am having twins as well. They are di/di and I am due June 30th. I am an identical twin and because they are not genetic was shocked to find out I am having twins!
  • Aww, thanks! The initinal shock is starting to wear off and I'm starting to get pretty excited. From everything I've been told I'm guessing they'll be early but, as for now my due date is July 6th.
  • mamaErin2 said:

I am having twins as well. They are di/di and I am due June 30th. I am an identical twin and because they are not genetic was shocked to find out I am having twins!

Congratulations! Hopefully your parents will give you some twin tips so you aren't as clueless as we were with our first set ;)!
  • Hello! I had my first US today and found out I'm carrying twins. I was floored. One is measuring 6w1d and has a heartbeat in the normal range and the other is measuring 5w5d and doesn't have a heartbeat yet so I'll have an US in two weeks to check on it. I'm 40 so my CNM thinks that age may have caused it, but my cousin has twins, so who knows. I'm just so thankful that I have one healthy baby in there, and I'm hoping baby A pulls through. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't want to google vanishing twins and scare the crap out of myself.
  • No twin connection just lurking on this thread because I'm excited for you all. :)

What's the deal with identical twins not being genetic? My mind is blown! Not knowing anything about it I always heard and assumed that twins are more likely if they run in the family (fertility tx aside). Is that not the case???
  • @LinzerBinzer Fraternal twins are genetic because they are controlled by the gene for hyperovulation (two eggs!) whereas identical is completely random (one egg that splits)!
  • Hello! I had my first US today and found out I'm carrying twins. I was floored. One is measuring 6w1d and has a heartbeat in the normal range and the other is measuring 5w5d and doesn't have a heartbeat yet so I'll have an US in two weeks to check on it. I'm 40 so my CNM thinks that age may have caused it, but my cousin has twins, so who knows. I'm just so thankful that I have one healthy baby in there, and I'm hoping baby A pulls through. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't want to google vanishing twins and scare the crap out of myself.

Congratulations and welcome! 6 weeks is still early to detect a heartbeat so there is definitely hope; I agree, stay away from Google! My Baby A measured a couple of days bigger than B throughout my whole pregnancy and it was never a concern. (Funny thing was B was bigger by 7 ounces and an inch when they were born.)

Anywho, lots of hope to you that your little one catches up, which I think he/she will!

P.S. I'm AMA, too!
  • @iSalsa Thank you so much for this! It made me tear up (I'll blame hormones). It's so nerve-wracking, but I'm determined to stay positive! :smile:
  • Hi everyone! I am 6w 4d. I think I might be pregnant with twins. It runs in my family and its my generation to have them. I have two boys 5 & 3.5 years. I am 30 yes and I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks. I have had the worst morning sickness for the past 3 weeks now nothing seems to work for me. I see my gyno tomorrow.
  • Hi everyone! I am 6w 4d. I think I might be pregnant with twins. It runs in my family and its my generation to have them. I have two boys 5 & 3.5 years. I am 30 yes and I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks. I have had the worst morning sickness for the past 3 weeks now nothing seems to work for me. I see my gyno tomorrow.

Congratulations! Good luck tomorrow & keep us posted!!
  • Good luck !
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Hi everyone - and congratulations to you all! It's really lovely to see this thread - I'm expecting non-identical twins in mid-July! After trying for a few years (this was our third and final round of IVF), we were over the moon to find out we have two on the way :) It's early days yet (I'm 7w4d) but it's lovely to hear others who are at the same stage. I've been having terrible 24/7 seasickness (couldn't sleep or work) so am taking cyclizine once a day, which is helping. How is everyone else doing with the double whammy of hormones?!
  • I'm having twins too! 7 weeks 4 days today. We were so surprised! This is our first pregnancy, and we don't know if they are identical or fraternal yet, couldnt see 2 sacs bit they were kind of sitting on top of one another haha. We go back next Wednesday.
  • Congratulations and welcome @Jess367 & @smccarthy1186! We all have the same EDD (7w4d) :).
  • @iSalsa Is there anything you'd suggest buying or registering for that is a MUST for twins? I sort of started my registries yesterday but I don't want to put a bunch of stuff I don't need on there- you know, doubles of everything seem a bit silly.
  • jlgriff11 said:

@iSalsa Is there anything you'd suggest buying or registering for that is a MUST for twins? I sort of started my registries yesterday but I don't want to put a bunch of stuff I don't need on there- you know, doubles of everything seem a bit silly.

We bought two of everything but other than the obvious things like cribs and carseats, I can't stress how much the Rock n Plays changed our lives. Before we had them, we held the babies all day long and never got anything done. So in addition to the reflux miracle the RnP was for my son, they were great for setting the baby in and when they got a little older (6 months), I would give them their bottles simultaneously in them. They also fold up so they aren't obnoxious when not in use. (We have two Mamaroos, too, which were awesome for the first month but my babies both hated them after that. I'm hoping to get some more use out of them with the new twins because those things aren't cheap.)

Again, other than the obvious things like carseats, cribs, stroller, etc., you really only need diapers (you can never have too many, we seriously underestimated this and ended up going to the store constantly); onesies; sleepers; we used a crap ton of burp cloths daily (but not everybody finds them useful); enough bottles/nipples for a whole day if you are formula feeding (it's amazing how little time you have to do anything at first and the last thing you want is two hungry, screaming babies while you scramble to wash/sterilize bottles). I'll add anything else I think of...have to get my munchkins dressed :).

• iSalsaiSalsa member
    edited December 2015
    @jlgriff11 I thought of another thing that was a necessity for us...daily journals to keep track of feedings, diaper changes, etc. These are the ones we use https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Tracker®-Childcare-Journal-Schedule/dp/097293751X#immersive-view_1449609880708

They also have one with a column for breastfeeding if you are going to bf.

Edit: I don't know why the url isn't clickable. I'll add a screenshot.
  • Hopefully the screenshot posts...
  • traceylynn366traceylynn366 member
    edited December 2015
    Well I had my second ultrasound tonight and to our surprise we are having TWINS!!! Our first ultrasound we only seen one, but now that I look at the first ultrasound I kind of see two! We are in total shock! Our due date was moved to July 1st as babies are measuring 10 + 3...we are expecting them mid June now!
  • Bumping this for all the new twin mommies. We have a lot!!
  • WARNING: LOSS MENTIONED.
    I just want to thank everyone on this thread for their support, especially @iSalsa. Our second US today shows no heartbeats at 8w3d, and my D&C is scheduled for Friday. I wish all of you the healthiest and happiest pregnancies! Thanks again for everything!
  • WARNING: LOSS MENTIONED.
    I just want to thank everyone on this thread for their support, especially @iSalsa. Our second US today shows no heartbeats at 8w3d, and my D&C is scheduled for Friday. I wish all of you the healthiest and happiest pregnancies! Thanks again for everything!

I am so sorry for your losses. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I wish you the best in your future journey xoxo.