Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Allergy Shiners?

Hi everyone, I am hoping you all can help me out. My daughter is 28 months old and she has been having a really bad case of what the pediatrician referred to as "allergic shiners". The area under her eyes gets pinkish in color and looks just awful! I have a really good feeling that it is food related as two weeks ago she had a stomach bug and was hardly eating anything and I noticed then that the shiners went away and her eczema wasn't as inflamed as it usually is. After the stomach bug, she went back to her normal eating and the shiners appeared again and the eczema started itching her. Then the following week she had really bad gas which was followed by a bout of diarrhea, so again she wasn't eating all that much and the shiners went away and the eczema got better, but as soon as she started eating regularly again, it all came back. Has anyone had experience with this and if so, how did you go about resolving the issue? I try very hard to make sure that she eats as healthfully as possible, She really likes most fruits and some veggies and meats and dairy. She does eat some pre-packaged processed food, but I try my best to limit them when I can. If anyone has any helpful advice I would really appreciate it. She also doesn't sleep through the night, and I am beginning to wonder if the two issues may be related in some way. Again, any advice would be appreciated! Thanks so much!!

Re: Allergy Shiners?

• Options
    What sort of foods did you not feed her while she was sick? My DS1 has really bad eczema and allergies. He's sensitive to dairy (which worsens his flare ups) and he has bad flare ups when he has stuff that has dye in it.
    I, personally, have issues with the acids in fruits. As a child I'd rash if I ate strawberries, tomatoes, or drank apple juice. I also have a severe allergy to citrus fruits.