April 2016 Moms
Options

Do you really enjoy your pregnancy?

AnyaZMAnyaZM member
edited November 2015 in April 2016 Moms
Hi everyone.
I am a mom and a mom to be. Did not like being pregnant for the first time neither do I like it now. I feel like time is going soooooo slooow. Don't get me wrong - I have things to do, especially with the baby in the house, but me stressing out about pregnancy does not make it easier. Sometimes I read posts of some pregnant ladies who love being pregnant. They truly do. I really want to know how are you doing this??? I realize that when it is all over it  will be worth it because when I held my son for the first time I knew that this is the best thing that I ever did and that could ever happen to me. However, how to enjoy the process? Stop counting days and weeks? It starts getting on my nerves. I do not like being sick to my stomach and google every little symptom I get in panic. How do you deal with tension and pressure that you carry a human inside of you and you are responsible for his/her well being for 9 month long?

Re: Do you really enjoy your pregnancy?

• Options
    I love being pregnant and I hate being pregnant. I feel like I love it more this time around than I did with my first daughter. Oddly, my first pregnancy was easy and simple and I had no other kid to take care of. This time around has been much harder as far as sickness and general overall feeling well, but I am enjoying it more. I think what has made the difference this time is having heard others stories where pregnancies did not end well (whether at the very end losing their child to a defect or stillbirth or losing the baby earlier in the process). This time around I'm just trying to focus on the fact that my body CAN do this, which for some women just isn't the case (whether not yet, or they are diagnosed as such). I am grateful for my body doing what it should, however uncomfortable it is to me at times (OFTEN...). I also really really enjoy having my baby this close to me. Never again will my child be as close to me as they are now. And I tell DH that another thing I love is that I always have a little bit of him with me. 

So yes, its hard. Yes its uncomfortable. Yes there are days I just want to have a good nights sleep, on my stomach!, no I don't enjoy that every day I feel differently...but I honestly feel like a rock star that my body is capable of this.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I have a love hate relationship with being pregnant. I love feeling him move and knowing I'm growing a life but every cramp and ache freaks me out and makes me worry to no end. It's a great feeling and experience and I'm so happy God has blessed me with something so precious. Overall I've had a great pregnancy besides the cramps and aches!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love it more the second time, too... maybe because I know it's probably my last pregnancy? I still hate the symptoms and not being able to do/eat/drink what I want when I want.... and God when I Felt sick in the beginning it was the WORST... but when I feel that baby move, I just melt. And knowing how amazing my son is and how much I love him, I think I feel even more connected to my baby this time.

The best part of it is the anticipation of meeting that baby for the first time!! SO it's totally normal and fine to not *love* being pregnant, but try to remember occasionally how amazing it is what you are doing and how exciting it is that you will be holding your child before you know it!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    the weird thing is that I am not really stressing out myself about birth defects too much this time, although my son was born with 1 in 400,000 diagnoses of transient neonatal diabetes. 1 month in the hospital after c-section, multiple genetic tests that said that diabetes is not inherited, but random (lucky us!), 6 month of round clock care, blood sugar checks, insulin pump - and here we are: my son, perfectly normal big baby, producing his own insulin, even though forever a potential diabetic with sugar checks,  and me prepared for anything. But I simply don't believe in the odds of something happening this time around. Birth defects are not that common especially if we already have one.
    I completely agree that it is amazing that female  human body can do this and I am really grateful for being able to carry a child, however, baby being that close to you but, at the same time, being invisible, always makes me wonder: is he ok??? not knowing I guess is what killing the most. When he is here, in front of me I know that I can do this and that, I can realistically help him in this or that way if something happens.
    I hope you feel great for the rest of your pregnancy. By the end of it, it will worth every morning sickness and headache, that is for sure)
  • Options
    AnyaZMAnyaZM member
    edited November 2015
    Imrachella, 
    the weird thing is that I am not really stressing out myself about birth defects too much this time, although my son was born with 1 in 400,000 diagnoses of transient neonatal diabetes. 1 month in the hospital after c-section, multiple genetic tests that said that diabetes is not inherited, but random (lucky us!), 6 month of round clock care, blood sugar checks, insulin pump - and here we are: my son, perfectly normal big baby, producing his own insulin, even though forever a potential diabetic with sugar checks,  and me prepared for anything. But I simply don't believe in the odds of something happening this time around. Birth defects are not that common especially if we already have one. I completely agree that it is amazing that female  human body can do this and I am really grateful for being able to carry a child, however, baby being that close to you but, at the same time, being invisible, always makes me wonder: is he ok??? not knowing I guess is what killing the most. When he is here, in front of me I know that I can do this and that, I can realistically help him in this or that way if something happens.
    I hope you feel great for the rest of your pregnancy. By the end of it, it will worth every morning sickness and headache, that is for sure)

• Options
    I have a love hate relationship with being pregnant. I love feeling him move and knowing I'm growing a life but every cramp and ache freaks me out and makes me worry to no end. It's a great feeling and experience and I'm so happy God has blessed me with something so precious. Overall I've had a great pregnancy besides the cramps and aches!
    this freaking out thing is driving me crazy. Cramp  - freaking out, nose bleed- freaking out, nausea - freaking out, no nausea - freaking out even more! If in the morning I am not running to the bathroom it seriously concerns me. It became sort of a tradition by now - me running and my dog chasing me, thinking that it is a new game. Hope your pregnancy continues to be great!
  • Options
    I really loved being pregnant 2 years ago......but that was 2 years ago. This time around it's different. It's way more painful than I remembered. I think partly the reason is because I think I can feel my C Section scar inside and it's sensitive and more painful. My OB said everything healed nicely so I think it's more sensitive to stretching and all. Also, I'm not as young as I used to be so I'm no spring chicken. Every day body aches and pains are more amplified and I find myself taking more old lady naps during the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    AnyaZM said:

this freaking out thing is driving me crazy. Cramp  - freaking out, nose bleed- freaking out, nausea - freaking out, no nausea - freaking out even more! If in the morning I am not running to the bathroom it seriously concerns me. It became sort of a tradition by now - me running and my dog chasing me, thinking that it is a new game. Hope your pregnancy continues to be great!

Thanks! Same to you.
  • Options

rebelone said:
    I think partly the reason is because I think I can feel my C Section scar inside and it's sensitive and more painful.
    how do you fell your scar? I had a c- section too and since than I noticed that I am veeery sensitive in terms of my digestion. I am in pain everyday because of something I ate. however my OB said that it could be scar from the inside stretching. I am not sure what to think. are you gonna have a c - section this time around too?
  • Options
    rebelonerebelone member
    edited November 2015
    AnyaZM said:

rebelone said:
    I think partly the reason is because I think I can feel my C Section scar inside and it's sensitive and more painful.
    how do you fell your scar? I had a c- section too and since than I noticed that I am veeery sensitive in terms of my digestion. I am in pain everyday because of something I ate. however my OB said that it could be scar from the inside stretching. I am not sure what to think. are you gonna have a c - section this time around too?

I've had two C-Sections already so more than likely I'll be having a third. My first one didn't fit through the birth canal (I gave birth to a baby moose), and my second one never dropped therefore never indicating ready signs for labor. Dr. said the baby probably wasn't going to indicate she was ready so it was a good thing I had the RCS.

The scar inside, it's hard to explain the feeling. Like as if someone gives you a paper cut and you touch it with something. It stings kinda, and usually not for long. I mostly felt this whenever I got my period. Then I'm not sure if it is the scar or if I'm just getting old.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    rebelone said:

AnyaZM said:

rebelone said:

Like as if someone gives you a paper cut and you touch it with something. It stings kinda, and usually not for long. I mostly felt this whenever I got my period. Then I'm not sure if it is the scar or if I'm just getting old.

I have kind of similar sensation. feels like a little burning feeling, goes away really fast. didnt even think it could be stretching. always thought that its my pants rubbing against my scar ;)
    my son was breeched, hope to have natural birth this time, although y son was born in March 2015, so not that long ago.
  • Options
    I can see your point...I mean pregnancy isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination, nor is it the same experience for all of us. Since you asked....I actually enjoyed my pregnancy with DS. Not because I was glowing or anything like the movies. I just liked it. Took it day by day, and was happy... And then, even though I was sick as a dog with my other two that I lost, I just still liked it obviously wanting it to speed by through the better days. This pregnancy, I still like it, but much less, more on a psychological/emotional level. Every day I fear something will happen and my baby's heart will stop for no other reason like the last two times. It makes it hard to enjoy it, although I do cherish every day I have with this baby growing, kicking, getting stronger.
  • Options
    I have just been coasting through it this whole time. I guess I'm unusual because I had no nausea and my other symptoms just aren't that bad. I do worry more than usual and that is a bit stressful. I am guessing the main reason people claim to like it is because of the excitement that the baby is coming. I can't imagine what else there is to love about it. It has not been bad for me but I am not better than when I was not pregnant.
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy in 6 years. I had 3 previous pregnancies, including one that ended in m/c. I can say that I am enjoying this pregnancy a lot more than the previous 3 (not counting the 1st trimester, of course! Because that just sucks....) I'm thankful and grateful that I am pregnant after 5 years of infertility, so all of my minor aches and pains are just annoyances that won't last forever. I'm savoring every little kick I feel. 

But I know I'll just want it all over with once 36 weeks hits!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm really not enjoying it this time around. I am just so so sick and want to feel like a human again. It is awesome to see me daughter so excited. I love when she says "Hi, Thomas" to my bump and wants to hug him all of the time. That's adorable, however, every other moment,  I feel sick and it's starting to take a toll. At least there is a happy ending!
  • Options
    I loved it the first three times, but this go around has been rough.
  • Options

The only thing I'm enjoying is the thought of the LO I'll have when all of this is over. 
      BabyFruit Ticker      image 
  • Options
    I like the idea of being pregnant. The actual pregnancy part? Not so much.
  • Options
    I like being pregnant in regards to "I like having my baby". I do not enjoy the pregnancy symptoms or the inhibited mobility.
  • Options
    I have been so fortunate to have three easy pregnancies. This marks the 4th so far (knock on wood) ready pregnancy. Minimal symptoms, no issues. I am not a fan of pregnancy. I was 20 when I had my first and although I enjoyed the first kicks and such I wasn't in love with being pregnant. I thought it was because I was young. I had my second 9 years later he was planned. I was so excited to get pregnant but again did not enjoy the pregnancy same with number three. I was excited on the third pregnancy as we planned that to be the last. I remember thinking it was great that this was the last time. I LOVE my babies and loved when they finally got here I just was not as into the pregnancies as I thought I would be. All I wanted when I was little was to grow up and be a mom. I thought pregnancy was going to be amazing it just wasn't my cup of tea. Now I'm on number 4 who was a huge surprise. It's funny, I struggle when people ooh and ahh over the fact that I'm showing or that I am feeling the baby move. They all comment on how exciting it is. Yes I'm excited for the baby to be here but am over the pregnancy part. I would like it to be different and I have tried to feel different, but I just don't. I've come to accept that it just is what it is and I focus on when the baby will be here.
  • Options
    I don't enjoy pregnancy at all, unfortunately. I feel lousy all the time, some days are a lot worse. I'm over feeling/being sick all the time too. I was so naïve going into this, I thought pregnancy was going to be so great! I honestly didn't know how much it can suck. I'm excited for the baby to be here, but I really hate the process. I get through it by counting down, each week gets me closer to the end! I like feeling the baby kick, although it does feel a bit weird. It still doesn't feel 100% real to me either, I can feel the baby and I know its the baby, but its still hard to imagine that there actually is a small baby inside me, lol. I'll be honest though, Im jealous of the women who don't have the crappy symptoms and who truly do love being pregnant. I wish I could experience just a little of it!
  • Options
    Nope. No way will I ever do this again.
  • Options
    I am almost afraid to admit this, but I have been feeling pretty good lately. Tired all the time, yes, and I feel much more huge than I did at this point with DD, so that is an adjustment, but I do like having the belly and feeling "okay" with feeling/being fat.

First Tri suuuucked, but I am in a sweet spot right now. Granted, everything is much harder since I am working full time and have DD to take care of, but all in all I feel pretty good.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    I love to hate pregnancy. The first trimester was the most horrible experience ever and I swore to never do it again, but now that I can feel baby move and kick it seems like I forgot all the crap I went through. I enjoy the extra attention and love I get from family and friends, I love complaining about pregnancy to others but in a twisted way I like being pregnant. It's painful and exhausting but I know the end result will make it worth all of this and that brings a smile to my face. :)

• Options
    I hate being pregnant too! The only i like about it is my beautiful girls
  • Options
    I don't know if I LOVE being pregnant as much as I'm enjoying the rest of the time while my kid is inside and easily portable. I was afraid for my first pregnancy to end because my husband was deployed at the time and I was terrified. I'm super excited to meet this little one but I've also got a 3 year old running around so I know my life is going to be crazy busy. I guess I just focus on how much I love the sweet little moments that it's just me and baby girl, feeling the kicks and flutters only I can kick. I don't love my body, I'm always in pain, having horrible reflux, drowning in saliva from reflux, peeing myself because I've got an awful cough. 2nd pregnancy is definitely more painful but it's mine and it's my time to bond with her all by myself. 
  • Options
    I haven't posted much on here. I am a very shy person who just prefers to keep to myself. However, I am loving pregnancy! We have been trying to conceive for 2 years. We were just about to give up and go see a doctor (for the 5th time) when I found out we were pregnant! I have loved every little thing about it. It's been an easy pregnancy so I'm very thankful for that.
  • Options
    I do not love being pregnant either, but I love what you get out of it and I love being a mom (most days).  I don't enjoy feeling sick from time to time and the weird taste buds, I also like being able to sleep on my stomach and eat and drink whatever I want.  I am sure towards the end I am going to be hating life as I get bigger and feel sore and stiff.  Hopefully no painful feet swelling since this one I will be in 3rd trimester during the winter time.  I do love feeling the baby kick and move around and I think its a wonderful thing to be able to grow this little being inside of you.  Just will be much happier when she is out and we can see her and interact.  :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much for saying it!

I do NOT like being pregnant! And I feel guilty for not liking it! I would gladly give the dad the job of growing this little guy if I could. I am sick, moody, huge, and don't feel I can ever know my body again. I feel the body I have come to know, and finally have learned to accept with flaws included, was hijacked! Enough so, that I fear what this will mean as far as me being a mom. I do not feel excited, just scared something will go wrong.(I have had a miscarriage and was traumatized.)  I don't feel all nurturing and gooey. I just feel anxious and scared, and that makes me more scared that the baby soak that up and be a nervous wreck too! I'm sorry this isn't a beautiful time for you,  but thanks for letting me know I am not alone in this!
  • Options
    kiki199kiki199 member
    edited December 2015
    **Removed for TOU Violation** 
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of pregnancy, mostly because of the insomnia/constant exhaustion and complete lack of sex drive (sorry DH). But at the same time, I know that as far as the exhaustion goes, it only goes downhill from here for at least 3-4 months. I'm looking forward to the energy spike that came after DD cleared the 4 month sleep regression and went from a sleep cycle to night sleep plus naps! 
    So yay for babies, but boo for the parts of pregnancy that train you to be used to no sleep. :(
    Anniversary