June 2015 Moms

Healthy Mamas -December

We skipped Nov but it might be good to check in and celebrate any little victory during the worst food month of the year and start to think about goals for next year.

Or we can swap cookie and cocktail recipes. Whatev.

Re: Healthy Mamas -December

• I wanna get up on this but I'm such a lazy bones. For real. Can someone set me some wimpy ass goals?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am really slacking on working out which is so unlike me. I have about 5 pounds left to lose and lots of toning. I've got to start doing ab work again! Goal for next year is to workout 3 days a week.
  • I made it through vacation/thanksgiving without doing too much damage but I don't know when I'll make it back to the gym. Baby girl is still in her serious mama's girl phase and now she's refusing a bottle, too.

I've got some Christmas money, maybe I'll buy some weights for at home.
  • mellymar said:
    I wanna get up on this but I'm such a lazy bones. For real. Can someone set me some wimpy ass goals? image
    Could you do body weight training without having a flareup? There were some plank and squat challenges posted here a while ago that started out very doable, then gradually increased. That's pretty much where I started pp, holding plank for a few seconds, then a few squats. Or a wall squat, even easier. It's easy to get LO involved.  Here are some ideas;

Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• These are helpful @mindaa !! I can do all of these inside my house - helpful now that its going to start being really stupid cold outside. And with DH's work schedule being so bizarre for the winter, I can't really sign up for any classes at the Y because his days off vary so much. Super duper thanks
  • @mellymar I like to focus on food and water when I'm getting back into it. Nothing crazy, but making sure I eat at least one vegetable or salad with lunch and dinner. The baby exercises are great, too.

I like that everyone is setting realistic goals. I'm in the same boat. I'd like to exercise 3 times a week and walk the dog the other days. Poor dog also needs more exercise.
  • My goals are pretty much the same as @Mommaswizz! Clean eating, less dairy, less carbs/sugar.

Dairy is never my friend, but I always slip during the holidays because everything is so cheese-filled. I am not going to let Christmas be some big excuse. I'm not waiting until the new year - I'm starting now! Plus, we bought a treadmill yesterday that should be delivered next Saturday! My biggest problem has been that I feel like I can't get out of the house to workout so now I can at least jump on and walk/run anytime. I cannot wait. I miss the old me and I hate all pictures - ugh!
  • I've been eating really good but only doing yoga once in a while and barely any walks as LOs warm weather gear is all wool and I'm suspecting a wool allergy :/ I'm also paranoid about my supply and cardio now that I finally have it up (totally unfounded). My goal is to start doing weighted squats again, although just foam rolling more would be nice
  • @423ang I'm with you on the running! I missed the nice fall running weather and I hate running at 5 am in the cold and dark. Maybe on the weekends...
  • Id love to go back to body combat and Pilates at our Y but I'm way too crazy paranoid to put LO in the daycare. I keep saying I will after he can sit up on his own and once he gets his flu shot...so like February...
    I really need to find a daytime babysitter on my days off so I can workout. But then I feel guilty not being with him 24/7 on my days off. The struggle!
  • I am going to start drinking a cleansing tea... It's worked wonders in the past... Laci LeBeau super dieters tea (I highly doubt it's compatible with breastfeeding though for anyone still nursing!)
  • @elruby I ordered that tea cause I figured it's worth a shot right? A lot of the amazon reviews say it's mostly just a laxative. Was that your experience? I could probably use a little help "getting things moving" but i'd rather know ahead if im gonna be glued to a toliet lol

I've tried to restart isagenix + clean eating again this week. Today is one of my "cleanse" days (not a run to the bathroom cleanse). It's hard but I'm feeling confident I can lose some weight before christmas throws it back on. Life is about balance right?
  • lmao fair enough @elruby ! i appreciate the warning lol. I'll start slow and try to keep it to nights before days i'll be at home hahaha. Thank you!
  • janit368 said:
    I've been eating really good but only doing yoga once in a while and barely any walks as LOs warm weather gear is all wool and I'm suspecting a wool allergy :/ I'm also paranoid about my supply and cardio now that I finally have it up (totally unfounded). My goal is to start doing weighted squats again, although just foam rolling more would be nice
    I've had that same fear. Once I got down to pp weight, I got paranoid that I was going to keep losing weight, along with my supply. Which I've used it as an excuse to inhale everything in sight.  :(
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• For those of you talking about the Y, our Y has a child care center you can leave your LO in for up to 90 minutes while you use the facilities. I admit to being nervous mommy about using it (will the other kids be vaccinated? Are the toys cleaned often? What will he do there since he can't really sit up on his own? Will he freak out left with a stranger for an hour?) so I haven't left LO there yet, but I feel like the more I begin to be stir crazy, the more I begin to consider using it.
  • @mellymar My older two go all the time and love it. Mine has various baby hangout spots, or you can just leave them in their car seat. LO has only gone three times and cried a lot each time, but they hold her and bounce her and soothe her. My class is only 50 minutes so they haven't had to come get me but they will if they need you. There aren't vaccine requirements as far as I know but I trust the ladies who work there, my kids love it, and if LO could handle it we'd all go at least twice a week.

• I'm feeling sorry for myself these days. I started doing a little running back in August, and started a circuit training class about a month ago. I was having occasional weird twinges in my hip, but I just chalked it up to post-partum weirdness. It wasn't bothering me much until last week. I went to class on Wednesday night, then did a turkey trot on Thanksgiving and my hip was killing me. I've been trying to stretch it out this week, but it was really bothering me again last night. Now today my glute on that side just feels really tight and sore. I really don't have the time or money for PT, so I'm hoping that's not what's required, but I really miss a regular, healthy workout routine. :(
  • CC and I go to the Y 5 days, sometimes 6 days a week. I've kept up running since I trained for the 5 miles on thanksgiving. Now I mix in weights and the elliptical. CC loves the child watch area! I feel reall guilty if I deprive her of that daily so it makes me get moving! If she gets fussy they put her in a swing and she has the time of her life. We had a mommaroo that she hated so I took it back and haven't purchased anything else. Unfortunately, FP doesn't make this swing anymore or I'd buy one.
  • Our Y has an infant room and it looks nice but there are no vaccine requirements. They did tell me it was peanut free lol. You can use it 9 hours a week per child. I'll get there eventually. I did buy a Bob stroller on Amazon that was 40% so I can use that in a month when LO turns 6 months.
  • The closet Y to me is 30ish mins and the only one on Long Island that doesn't have childcare! I've never been there but would deff try it out now
  • ^^^Donuts are my weakness.
  • CC and I go to the Y 5 days, sometimes 6 days a week. I've kept up running since I trained for the 5 miles on thanksgiving. Now I mix in weights and the elliptical. CC loves the child watch area! I feel reall guilty if I deprive her of that daily so it makes me get moving! If she gets fussy they put her in a swing and she has the time of her life. We had a mommaroo that she hated so I took it back and haven't purchased anything else. Unfortunately, FP doesn't make this swing anymore or I'd buy one.

I thought I was the only one leaving mine in childcare. He doesn't love it. But today was the first day he didn't hate it. Yay! Hopefully we're making progress. I just figure the longer I waited the worse the stranger thing will get.
  • For those wanting a reset that's not a cleanse I highly recommend a 21 day sugar detox and/or a whole 30. Look them up. You can eat a lot, just not junk. The book It Starts with Food by the whole 30 people is a easy, good read too
  • @janit368 I've started the last few years doing Whole 30. I feel like it is a good way to reset after the holidays without resolutions. I don't really believe in resolutions anyway.
  • @Mommaswizz have you tried the tea yet?
  • @elruby I got it yesterday and totally wanted to try it before bed but forgot :-/ now I'm worried if I do it tonight, I might have an uncomfortable commute lol. Might need to hold off till next weekend or work from home day
  • @Mommaswizz good plan... Do not take tonight or you will be cursing me on your way to work ;)