Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie intro

Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself. DH is 31, I am 30, and we have been married for a couple of years and have finally decided to start TTGP. I've been doing a lot of reading over the past couple of years and even invested in the fertility monitor to try to better track down ovulation. I tried temping a long time ago but wasn't able to keep up with it. I will definitely start temping with my next cycle. What else? DH & I are sci-fi fans, he having converted me after we got married. He got me into Star Trek (favorite is DS9) and I got him into Gilmore Girls. 

I've done a lot of reading on this board over the last week or so and I'm excited to start contributing!

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

Re: Newbie intro

• Options
    Welcome! Hope your stay here is short!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Welcome, I hope your stay here is short! After the kind of morning the board is having, can I say thanks for not being BSC? I'm assuming your reading included the pinned Ultimate TTGP post, and that you've already read TCOYF, so I'm not sure I have much more to say other than an additional "welcome". I hope your stay here is short!
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm also a big Gilmore Girls fan :) excited for the new season coming up?

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    Oh yeah, also, Gilmore Girls rocks!  Also, I admit to never having seen any Star Trek other than the two recent movies they made, and LOVING calling them "Star Trek 1" and "Star Trek 2" just to piss off my Trekkie friends.  That's what friends are for, right?

• Options
    Welcome! Fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    @MrsDHO11 (not sure if this will show up as a tag): Oh, I can be BSC (just ask DH!!) but I keep my victims to one person: me. Occasionally DH ;) After all, I tested yesterday & today despite only being 7/8 DPO. No, but seriously, it is annoying when people aren't able to search for themselves. A handy bit of research will lead you to not ask certain questions (that shall not be named) on this forum and get a lot of the answers to which you're asking. I've been a long-time forum member on a site that caters to my profession and we have a certain question that gets asked nearly every single week. No gifs allowed on that forum, though, sad times. 

On Star Trek: I think the movies are great too! I'm not sure if I'm to be trusted though because I also love The Phantom Menace which is considered to be the ultimate sacrilege violation according to some SW fans. So I'm still pretty new to the whole ST phenomenon, but I was watching a netflix documentary on fans at a convention. I burst out laughing when I heard the very serious admonition of one fan that he was not a "Trekkie" but a "Trekker" because you trek into space. C'mon, as someone who loves to go to cons and occasionally dress up, you're a nerd, I'm a nerd. Embrace it. You're not more sophisticated for being a "Trekker." :) 

@ReesaAnne16 for sure!! I wonder how they will deal with Edward Hermann not being around though, if they'll cut to a grave site or just talk about it (surely they wouldn't say he was on a business trip). I was so sad when I heard that he died. 

WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 

• Options
    @waitingforbabies - I save all my fandom insanity for Marvel!  :wink:  And no gifs?!  WTF is up with that?!  I suppose they're trying to "be professional," but at what cost!

• Options
    Welcome & good luck :)

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!!! Best of luck to you!!
  • Options
    Welcome! Good luck :)

Me: 34, DH: 32
    Married: October 2011
    TTC #1: June 2015
  • Options
    tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited December 2015
    Welcome! I hope your stay is short. You seem like a fun person. I like you (not in a creepy way) :p

Edit: grammar
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Welcome!! Good luck and hope it's a short visit! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AlwaysAuntNeverMom I know exactly how that feels : ) thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Hello and Welcome! Hope your stay here is short!
    About me:
    TTC#1: October 2015
    dx: PCOS & MFI
    IUI #1 w/Femara + Ovidrel June 2016 ~ BFP
    July 2016: Blighted Ovum
    IUI #2 w/Femara + Ovidrel September 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #3 w/Femara + Ovidrel October 2016 ~BFN
    IUI #4 w/Femara + Ovidrel November 2016 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI January 2017 ~BFN
    FET February 2017 ~BFN
    IVF with ICSI March 2017 ~BFP--Twins Due 12/8/17
    Team Blue X 2!