April 2016 Moms
Options

BFM 11/30

2»

Re: BFM 11/30

• Options
    Sigh. A few months ago, I was laid off from my job and my fiance and I decided I would find a job only working part time until the baby comes and then take at least a year off work. He's making enough to where I can stay at home and we can live pretty comfortably.

He's a sales manager at a Volkswagen dealership. I'm not really sure how many of you have heard but Volkswagen got themselves into some trouble. Their dealership isn't able to sell diesels until 2017. Considering diesels were half his sales every month, he hasn't had the best month. His GM told him today that if he has another month in December like they had in November, he would lose his manager position.

He has enough experience to where he could go somewhere else, but he has anxiety and is afraid to. He's a stressed out mess and I don't know what to do, especially with me being emotional all the time. Sigh again.
  • Options
    Sigh. A few months ago, I was laid off from my job and my fiance and I decided I would find a job only working part time until the baby comes and then take at least a year off work. He's making enough to where I can stay at home and we can live pretty comfortably. He's a sales manager at a Volkswagen dealership. I'm not really sure how many of you have heard but Volkswagen got themselves into some trouble. Their dealership isn't able to sell diesels until 2017. Considering diesels were half his sales every month, he hasn't had the best month. His GM told him today that if he has another month in December like they had in November, he would lose his manager position. He has enough experience to where he could go somewhere else, but he has anxiety and is afraid to. He's a stressed out mess and I don't know what to do, especially with me being emotional all the time. Sigh again.
    I'm so sorry :( That sucks. I hope things start looking up this month!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sigh. A few months ago, I was laid off from my job and my fiance and I decided I would find a job only working part time until the baby comes and then take at least a year off work. He's making enough to where I can stay at home and we can live pretty comfortably.

He's a sales manager at a Volkswagen dealership. I'm not really sure how many of you have heard but Volkswagen got themselves into some trouble. Their dealership isn't able to sell diesels until 2017. Considering diesels were half his sales every month, he hasn't had the best month. His GM told him today that if he has another month in December like they had in November, he would lose his manager position.

He has enough experience to where he could go somewhere else, but he has anxiety and is afraid to. He's a stressed out mess and I don't know what to do, especially with me being emotional all the time. Sigh again.

That's hard - and I'm sure it's not just your fiancé's sales that have fallen! Hopefully this month is smoother for him.
  • Options
    Thank you @pinottoparenthood and @AmadorRose. It's just frustrating that he's never been told that he isn't doing well until this month. Last month they gave him a bonus for dealing with the issues so well, and now this month his job is being threatened. I just hope everyone wants to buy a non-diesel Volkswagen for Christmas :)
  • Options

My BFM - why on God's green earth must a person be 25 to rent a car without extra fees? I'm licensed to drive a 2.5 ton government vehicle, tanks, and up-armored HMMWVS but I have to pay $20 extra to rent a damn Totota Corolla so I can drive from the airport to my hometown so I can attend a funeral? WTAF? Definitely asking for the fee to be waived in lieu of my military service, but what about the people who get out before they turn 25 and don't have proof of their service? You don't just carry around discharge paperwork with you! This is absolute crap!

Just a heads up, it use to be if you signed up for Hertz Gold (free) they waived that fee. I agree though - I can drive company trucks, rent uhauls, but I couldn't rent a sedan for a reasonable price?? (Finally turned 25.. Hallelujah).
  • Options

My BFM - why on God's green earth must a person be 25 to rent a car without extra fees? I'm licensed to drive a 2.5 ton government vehicle, tanks, and up-armored HMMWVS but I have to pay $20 extra to rent a damn Totota Corolla so I can drive from the airport to my hometown so I can attend a funeral? WTAF? Definitely asking for the fee to be waived in lieu of my military service, but what about the people who get out before they turn 25 and don't have proof of their service? You don't just carry around discharge paperwork with you! This is absolute crap!

Just a heads up, it use to be if you signed up for Hertz Gold (free) they waived that fee. I agree though - I can drive company trucks, rent uhauls, but I couldn't rent a sedan for a reasonable price?? (Finally turned 25.. Hallelujah).
    Ugh, it is hertz but I didn't sign up for anything. If I have to pay it..well, I don't plan to be stranded in St. Louis over $20 but but seriously I only have one year of this nonsense left :'(
    I think they're just salty that I carry my own insurance and therefore won't buy their ridiculously expensive coverage.
  • Options
    My bfm is to eating oranges and sitting in a small super quiet break room. I can't stand how quiet it is in there! It makes me so self conscious when I'm eating, especially oranges. I just ate one and then had this weird inside type burp. It turned out to be a lot louder than I was expecting, it was so embarrassing! There were 5 other people in the room, gah!

My other bfm goes out to my pregnancy induced congestion, which has flared up again after having 2 glorious days without it. Why nose, must you whistle? Why??
  • Options
    Can I have a BF Tuesday? It's for the lady walking around the hotel free breakfast, coughing without covering her mouth. Seriously WTF!
  • Options
    @AmadorRose do you have USAA? Even after you leave AD you can still get all your perks. The fees are waived if you book through USAA and you get discounts. I just reserved my car for my trip in Cali this week and with enterprise I have a standard size car for 5 days and I'm paying 98$.
    They use Hertz, Enterprise, Avis and a 4th one I can't recall atm.

Also you should contact your closest reserve station. My friends who got out recently took their DD214 showing they had an honorable discharge and were given a veteran ID. Idk if there are other qualifications that you have to meet, but they were both Army and in different MOSs. But it wouldn't hurt to check it out. I still have 14 months left.
  • Options
    @JulienneNicole that's good to know! I have navy federal and I went through their website but they didn't have much there. Good to know though! I'm out in 10 months and keep benefits for 6 months thereafter.
  • Options
    emgee27 said:
    Can I have a BF Tuesday? It's for the lady walking around the hotel free breakfast, coughing without covering her mouth. Seriously WTF!
    So not nearly as germy as this, but we stayed in Orlando at the Comfort Suites Wednesday-Sunday and there were THREE high school band/choir groups there. The lines for breakfast were RIDICULOUS. At least the students were all well behaved...but ugh, waiting in a 30 minute line for scrambled eggs? Not fun.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

emgee27 said:

So not nearly as germy as this, but we stayed in Orlando at the Comfort Suites Wednesday-Sunday and there were THREE high school band/choir groups there. The lines for breakfast were RIDICULOUS. At least the students were all well behaved...but ugh, waiting in a 30 minute line for scrambled eggs? Not fun.

I think this qualifies as 'germy' because I work with HS students and they are DEFINITELY gross. Not all of them...but most! Hahaha!