September 2015 Moms

Growth spurt or sick or teething?

I know I've been posting a lot so sorry ladies! But last week I've been battling with a constipated baby. Finally yesterday he had a soft extremely green poop and again today. So that problem resolved itself. But for two days or so he's been super fussy. I thought it was the constipation. No fever, eating fine. But yesterday and today he's been sleep a lot. I read that when babies start teething they can sleep a lot, drool, be fussy, and rub there faces. I'm wondering if he's teething early, he's 10 weeks, or is he sick or is it just a growth spurt. I hate feeling like something's wrong. Only thing making me feel better is he doesn't have a fever. And I don't want to bring him to the doctors for them just to say he's fine. Any help?

Re: Growth spurt or sick or teething?

• My guess is a growth spurt or a developmental leap. My pediatrician said that every so often they have sleep days. My LO at 10 weeks did what yours is doing now and all of the sudden, her movements got more fluid and coordinated and she started holding onto the toys on her baby gym.
  • I've been dealing with the same and same age....but he is also rubbing his face against my chest a lot and is biting on his bottles. I just feel like it's too soon for teething but my mom seems to think he is. No fever though.
  • Loading the player...
  • They said 3 months they can start teething. LO is rubbing his face on my chest too