August 2016 Moms

Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

Re: Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

• Hello my name is Candy and I am 34 years old with an EDD of Aug 3rd. This will be my first child after one failed pregnancy 3 years ago. Excited and extremely nervous! Very excited about this support community. Cheers all!
  • Hey yall! My name is Donna and I'm 27. DH is 31 and this is our 2nd pregnancy after having a blighted ovum in June of this year. I was getting a little worried bc my cycles have been all out of whack since my MC so decided to go to the Dr and they did blood work. Got a call the day before Thanksgiving saying I'm pregnant just too early to show up in urine test. ( HCG was 38) Had more lab work done today so we are really nervous but excited at the same time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies! I got my BFP last week, due August 5. I'm pregnant with baby #3, I have 2 daughters that are 3 and 19 months. I was on the BMB for my younger one but forgot my log in and had to reregister. So excited to be here!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Hi! I'm new here! I got my BFP on Thanksgiving so my EDD is August 10th. I'm 30, my husband is 32 and our DD will be 3 in February. I am so excited to be here. I wasn't very active in my birth month club but I will try to be for this one. Nice to meet you all!
  • suprsuz said:
    Hi everyone!  I'm Suz and I just got my BFP yesterday!  I am 34 (will be 35 this month) This will be baby number 2 for me.  My EDD is August 4 and I'm really hoping to make it to at least August 1, for some reason  I REALLY want an August baby.  My DD is 13 months and the coolest little human EVER.  I look forward to getting to know all of you.  Any other East Coast mamas?
    East coast here!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Welcome @lgem4! I just saw your BFP on TTGP this morning! Congrats!!!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• Hello! First post here as well. I've done some reading on the boards over the past few days. I'm looking for a list of all the acronyms used here. Some I've figured out using common sense, others I'm not so sure of. 

I stopped birth control in October after being on it for about 10 years. Thanksgiving morning (over a week before missed period) I did take a pregnancy test (or 3) and got faint second lines, took a couple more in the following days as well! It still doesn't really seem real! I'm so thrilled and terrified. I've just turned 27 and husband is 29. I luckily work from home, so I'm very thankful for that! 

I've scheduled my first OB appointment, it's not until January though. Looking forward to share the news with family and friends, but I know it's still so early. I let it slip to my SIL Thanksgiving night when she jokingly out of the blue asked if I'm pregnant. Trying to hold off telling others until we tell our parents in the upcoming weeks:) Congratulations to you all! Oh ya! EDD is 8/11 

• LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• KDHB13 said:
    suprsuz said:
    Hi everyone!  I'm Suz and I just got my BFP yesterday!  I am 34 (will be 35 this month) This will be baby number 2 for me.  My EDD is August 4 and I'm really hoping to make it to at least August 1, for some reason  I REALLY want an August baby.  My DD is 13 months and the coolest little human EVER.  I look forward to getting to know all of you.  Any other East Coast mamas?
    East coast here!
    East coast here as well!! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks so much! 
  • OGM I can't believe I'm here. Got my BFPs yesterday and this am! DH and I were trying for 11 months and I'm still in shock. EDD is August 9th. This is our first child. Can't wait to tell our families at Christmas!

I am SO excited to see you here!!! Congrats on your BFP!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • faserrett said:
    HI, I'm 27 from New Orleans, LA. I haven't been to the doctor yet. It will be next week. DH and I been married for 9 months. Our First pregnancy. I got off BCP and started tracking my fertility so that we could be better prepared for when we were ready to try to have a baby, and SURPRISE! I thought that I was OK with getting pregnant, but I am FREAKING out! I'm wondering what I was thinking and I'm mourning life as I've known it. Anyone else feeling this way? 
    Take it one day at a time. Your emotions will likely change each day (or throughout the day) as well. It will be okay. :)
  • We just found out last Wednesday that we are expecting our secon child (third pregnancy) after a miscarrage in late September. It happened during our first try back on the wagon! Our little bundle will be due in 8/1/16! We are so excited but of course super nervous. We have a 15 months old son and are so excited to add to our little family. Good luck to all of y'all!
  • Hey all! I am due July 29th but since I am a FTMand my chances of being overdue are higher, I'll probably bounce between July and August boards. DH is 34, I am 29, and we've been married 9 years. We live in the Twin Cities - Minneapolis/St Paul metro in MN. We had been TTGP for 18 months, suffered an early loss and this is our second pregnancy 15 months after the loss. We got this BFP last week, two weeks before we were scheduled to start infertility testing! Taking this pregnancy day by day - today I am pregnant!!

Glad to see another Minneapolis person in here! Congrats to you and DH :)
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Hi everyone! I'm Tyanne and I'm 20 years old and my husband is 25 and were both from a little town in East Texas. This is our first baby and we are over the moon. My period has always been irregular but we found out on Thanksgiving morning that we have a little one on the way! I haven't had a period since Oct 1st, but I'm guessing I'm about 4-5 weeks pregnant and my EDD is Aug 6th, and we will confirm that at my first appointment on Tuesday. Congratulations y'all! Here's to August babies (my birthday is actually Aug. 29)
  • Hello all! First post on here! My husband and I are both 27 and expecting our first child, estimated due date is 8/12. I just found out Saturday, tested 5 days before AF was due and got a BFP! My husband is currently hunting at our cabin and has limited access to a phone. I've spoken to him but thought I should wait and surprise him when he gets home on Saturday. I am horrible at keeping big news like this so I'm struggling to keep it to myself! I've told my mom, waiting to tell anyone else until the hubby knows!

We were only on cycle 2 of TTC and I can't believe it happened so soon!!!! Still in shock a little. Going next week for a blood test then I'll make an appointment with an OB. Excited to be on this journey with ya'll!
  • Hey all I'm Jackie. Aged 29 and my hubby and are live in Victoria, Australia.  First time pregnant and pretty excited! I'm 5 weeks tomorrow.

I have a question about morning sickness..... I just seem to dry heave all day. I'm calling it ghost vomiting! I swear I'm going to pop an eye ball! Any one else having the same?

• Hi! I'm 29, hubby is 33, we are from the twin cities, and this will be our third child. We are due august 5th. Our kids are 10 and 5, so we are kind of starting over again, but not completely by accident... I'm very excited but afraid, although I haven't suffered a loss, I'm more afraid of it this time around than I was with my first two. So trying to stay healthy and cut back on my favorite vice- coffee :)
  • Loss mentioned

Hi, I havent introduced myself yet. I'm 30, my husband is 32. According to my ovulation date (which was 3 days early this cycle after a CP last cycle) is 8/2/16. We have been TTC for a little over 2 years. In that time we have had 2 mmc and 1 CP. I finally switched OB care from midwives to a mainstream OB and I have never been more cared for or happy. After 2 years of digging for answers we finally found that I have APS which is a blood clotting disorder, along with MTHFR-which can cause neural tube defects if not properly cared for. I live in the deep south and east coast, although I am a city girl at heart. I lived in philly for a long time and miss it dearly. @Tra1010011
  • *loss mentioned *

Hello all! I've been lurking between the July moms board as well as on here. My due date is either the last day in July or the 1st of August (I think!)
    Unfortunately I had a natural mc in April and had had very irregular cycles since hence why I'm not too certain on the exact date as of yet. Judging from the clear blue tests I got my 3+ on Tuesday which makes me 5 weeks 2days today. I'm nervous but am feeling positive for now. I've booked an early scan on Tuesday the 15nth which can't come soon enough, fingers crossed everything will go well.
    I haven't told anyone this time round apart from my husband, so I'm delighted that I have this app to comfort me in my moments of insanity!
    I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better over the next few months
  • Tra1010011Tra1010011 member
    edited December 2015
    I'll have to post some Philly gifs for you @ThisAgain! (Once I figure out how to do that, of course)
  • AllienagleAllienagle member
    edited December 2015
    J&J1986 said:

Hey all I'm Jackie. Aged 29 and my hubby and are live in Victoria, Australia.  First time pregnant and pretty excited! I'm 5 weeks tomorrow.

I have a question about morning sickness..... I just seem to dry heave all day. I'm calling it ghost vomiting! I swear I'm going to pop an eye ball! Any one else having the same?

I am also having the ghost vomiting. Hahah love the name you made up for it :)
  • Hi! I'm newly pregnant EDD 8/12.
    I'm 28 with one almost two year old as well as one baby that we lost around 8 weeks pregnant last March. Very excited to join you ladies.
    I do have a question... I have had a 21 day cycle since last miscarriage. Last period started Nov. 6th and I found out I was pregnant November 24th.im having trouble figuring out how far along I am since the pregnancy is usually counted by a 28 day cycle. Any help?
  • Hi! My name is Savannah and my EDD is August 3rd. My first appointment isnt until December 22nd so the date is not official. This will be my first child. My husband and I are extremely excited and nervous all at the same time. Looking forward to connecting with you all throughout the months.