July 2016 Moms
Options

Has anyone tried on or wearing maternity clothes yet?

Due to bloating that's all that makes sense so early at just over 7 weeks my pants are too tight for comfort and shirts don't stay down. No weight gain. I picked up a few shirts and pants but Im not feeling so sure about wearing them in public. I feel embarrassed that someone might ask how far I am so when I answer oh about 2 months...awkward. Maybe avoid the public for a few months lol. Im already a thick girl but my stomach has changed shape already. I just got married Saturday and everyone was staring at my stomach because i could not hide it in a white dress.

Re: Has anyone tried on or wearing maternity clothes yet?

• Options
    Me. I'm 8 weeks and have been in maternity pants for two weeks now. I could squeeze into my jeans but it would be so uncomfortable and I'm already miserable. I can suck in my upper belly but not the lower part. I have never bloated up this bad in previous pregnancies and we are not telling anyone for a few more weeks. I'm just glad it's sweater weather!
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options
    And congrat's on the marriage! What an exciting time all around for you!
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im using hair ties and a bella band before I go out and buy stuff.
  • Options
    I tried hair ties and a bella band, but because I have a belly anyway, it just drives me crazy all day.  I had some pants in a size bigger that fit ok that I have been wearing.
    I did pull out my old maternity jeans though and have worn them a couple times.  They are a little stretched out from being worn for 2 pregnancies already, but I just wear something longer / looser with them. 
    At work I have just been wearing looser shirts or my bigger sized pants.
  • Options
    Also - leggings and dresses are my best friends right now
  • Options
    Leggings, I haven't worn jeans in ages.
  • Options
    I was in mat pants around 12w with my first. Around 8w with my second. I lost 22 lbs over the last year so my pants are loose as it is so I'm fine.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love cable knits and dresses this time of year regardless, so no ones caught on. And leggings!
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    I bought maternity jeans a while ago and have been wearing the shit out of them. I can get my regular jeans on but it's major muffin top. So whatever. On a typical day I'm wearing yoga pants, leggings, or scrubs anyway but when I want to wear jeans you bet I wear the maternity ones. 
  • Options
    I wear dresses a lot for work, which are still fine. My pencil skirts are tight and will need to stop wearing those soon. Thank God for business jackets!
  • Options
    Me! I mostly live in leggings anyway, but my regular ones have an elastic waistband that was digging into my belly and making a really unattractive lump. No one can tell that I'm wearing maternity leggings because the waist doesn't show. I always wear tops that are long enough to cover my crotch.

I have a few maternity tops and dresses that I can pull off without them looking like maternity. I just go with ones that don't have the tell-tale rutching.

Maternity jeans are still way too big.
  • Options
    I'm wearing maternity jeans right now. I usually wear tight skinny jeans and skin tight leggings as pants. Can't even anymore. Boxed up half my closet. Currently living in some nice, loose replacement leggings (just bought a size up) and dresses or my one pair of maternity jeans and tank tops with flowy blouses over them. I tried the bella bands for 2 weeks but I don't feel like they hold up my pants after unbuttoning AND unzipping. Bring on the comfy maternity gear!
  • Options
    Yep, Bella band and hair ties for the past couple weeks, but even that is starting to be uncomfortable so I just bought some maternity clothes from gap online! Nice stuff and today for cyber Monday, everything is 40% off. Woo. Can't wait to get them. Glad to see I'm not the only one, I was really surprised that this was happening so quickly.
  • Options
    Just started with the hair ties. Still kinda uncomfortable though
  • Options
    I can't remember when I started to last pregnancy, but I'm 7w 3d and still wear my normal clothes to work. DH says that all the vomiting has made my stomach more "tight" (at least what he sees) so maybe that's why I haven't noticed much bloating? My mom did say she thought my stomach looked "swollen" but I haven't noticed that my clothes are tight yet.
  • Options
    I just bought some maternity clothes from JCP. I bought a size up from what I am currently wearing in jeans so that hopefully I won't have to buy anymore in the future. I also go some cute tops to get me through the first and second trimester. Hopefully the jeans don't look too big on me because I would like to start wearing them yesterday. The bloat is real ya'll! I'm excited that I am feeling better now and I'm going to start working out again tonight! 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    I've been wearing maternity pants and shirts for a while now. I'm 8w 5d. I work on the road and hate to be uncomfortable all day. At first I was embarrassed a bit also, but then I got over it. I actually look better and thinner in the maternity clothes at this point, than my regular clothing.
  • Options
    Only 5 weeks here so no maternity clothes, but with my 1st I didn't have to wear maternity clothes till 18 weeks.  With my loss I could have been in them around 10 weeks, but was trying to hide it so didn't. I gave up artificial sugar, so the real sugar added 5lbs before I got pregnant.  Therefore, my pants were already getting snug. I am just taking this pregnancy a week at a time.
  • Options
    No problems with shirts yet here, but I tend to buy longer-cut shirts anyway. As for pants, all of my snug-fitting jeans are evil and I've put them away in favor of the looser ones (that were a little too big about a month ago). No 'real' maternity pants yet, but probably by Christmas (13w).

Today I've got on high waisted leggings that should fit til around the 3rd tri, under neath some straight leg athletic pants that I'm masquerading as slacks. You can't really tell except the drawstring waist and I have a long sweater on to hide that :D
  • Options
    I just stocked up on some leggings and maternity shirts. I think Ill be living in leggings they are super comfy, something I can use after pregnancy and cheap. In the past I felt insecure in them but my husband says I look good so that's all that matters lol.
  • Options
    I'm 8 weeks, and have been using a Bella band since week 4 (I had gained 5 pounds while on vacation in October so nothing was fitting right already). I got maternity dress pants about 2 weeks ago, and got jeans on Saturday because my regular ones are just not fitting right, even with the band. DH bought me a maternity dress that I will get for Christmas. Old navy has 40% off right now so it's a good time to buy.
  • Options

Confession: I still wear the maternity pants I bought for work and my daughter is 2. I lost all my weight, but they are just so dang comfortable, I can't help it! I haven't broken out the maternity jeans yet, but have thought about it!

• Options
    I wear leggings and yoga pants all day everyday.  If I had mat pants, I would be wearing them.  I also have been wearing looser tunic type shirts.  This is my 4th so I don't expect to be small long.  I already look like 3-4 months pg.
    Momma to 3 boys Hoping for a baby girl
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Not maternity but I have switched out of my regular skinny work pants with a button and zipper to stretchy work pants. We can't wear leggings at work. I also got some longer, more flowy shirts to wear. I'm already bigger so I don't think I'll show for awhile, even with twins, but I can not handle the bloat at all. Its terrible. Lol. I'm enjoying the extra room
  • Options
    Not yet, but I had to unbutton my pants today for the first time. 9w1d.
  • Options
    My clothes still fit, so I haven't switched over. I tried on my maternity jeans from my 1st pregnancy and they are still too loose. I did switch over to a larger size bra because my normal ones were feeling tight.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A couple of girlfriends who recently had kids donated their maternity pants to me. I'm almost 9w and am definitely showing a little although that could be mostly carbs since I find it difficult to eat anything else but bread and pasta! Plus the pants are so damn comfortable!
  • Options
    I'm feeling permanent on the legging look, and I am okay with that. The sporty look will work with the bloated bod for awhile, right?!
  • Options
    I gave up on regular pants/shorts (sorry, southern FL) at 5 weeks honestly. Now if it's not yoga/stretchy/bella band, I can't do it. A lot of my leggings & yoga pants are OK though at 8+4. I've actually been living in dresses at work, plus long and/or flowy tops. Plus, I have my favorite jeans in literally 6 different sizes and my prePG size was the 3rd from bottom. So I do have some larger jeans that I'm hoping will get me through 2nd Tri, where I hope to only have to get 1 pair of maternity jeans at least. We'll see how long I can wear my regular dresses and/or bella band.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!! This is my third baby so I'm assuming I'll start showing soon. I never lost the baby weight with my last so my clothes were tight to begin with. If I had maternity clothes, I'd be wearing them. Right now it's jeans and a hoodie when I leave the house. At home it's pjs. lol I stay at home so I don't need a ton of clothes.
  • Options
    It makes me feel so much better hearing ladies who start in on the maternity clothes early.  I know it isn't baby, but this bloat is out of control! I am going to at least make it to my u/s at 7 weeks (2 weeks away) to open the maternity box.  May have to have my husband hide it ..... just like he did with my pregnancy tests.