Attachment Parenting

Intro: So Happy I Found This Group!

PlainJane8350PlainJane8350 member
edited November 2015 in Attachment Parenting
F.T, E.B.F. mom to a nine week old baby girl. Second pregnancy, but first child. Texas!

Again, I'm a F.T.M. and my daughter's only nine weeks so I'm still a newbie, but so far consider my parenting style attachment and just started reading Dr. Sears' vaccine book yesterday. If anyone has any opinions on vaccines, then feel free to comment! Particularly DTaP as pertussis scares the heck out of me, but so do potential side effects of that particular vaccine.

Anyway, I'm glad that I found this group! Even when my daughter was four weeks, people were telling me that I shouldn't be sleeping with her because she'll never sleep in her bed. Four weeks! I loved my Pregnancy After a Loss group, but now that I have a baby I worry that it's insensitive for me to stay so hopefully I've found a new home!

Re: Intro: So Happy I Found This Group!

• Hi and welcome! I recognise you from some of the other board. my little boy is 8 weeks old.

I know what you mean about people saying, "baby will never...if you...." I've always said, "I'm pretty sure I won't have to go on her honeymoon to help her sleep."

I've always loved the sleepy snuggles, and seeing their precious faces. One of my favourite things about motherhood has also been feeling my baby relax against me. Often I've felt a sense of them struggling to sleep, and then when they've felt me close to them, they relax into me and go into a deep sleep. It's such a wonderful feeling of giving my child a deep sense of security.

Anyway, it's pretty quiet around here, but the ladies are good value. So welcome and best wishes!
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Hello! Lurker from N15 and some other boards here. I too have just found this slice of the bump world and am pretty excited as this seems to be my style and comfort for parenting. DD is 31 days EBF and we room share with the occasional cosleep. I've definitely been reading the past few pages here and eager to see what I can learn from here and all you ladies.
    On the side note of vaccines: my LO will be getting any and all vaccines as to me the benefits far outweigh the risks. I know a couple of people who have suffered from completely preventable diseases and I really want to make sure to do my part for herd immunity for those who rely on it ( I.e. Immune deficient). I'm looking into spacing though as I do believe that you can overload a babies system.

I look forward to seeing and participating in more posts with everyone!
  • Loading the player...
  • Get the vaccines. All of them. The benefits outweigh the risks. Welcome!