May 2016 Moms

Moving in the near future, what would you do?

Okay, this is a little bit complicated, but I will try to make it as easy to understand as I possibly can (which won't be much, I'm a terrible writer =/ )

Right now, I am living in City A (where I grew up and where my SO and I have lived together for the past 1.5 years). About a month ago, SO moved six hours away to City B for work. His new position there sucks, so he is putting in tons of applications for positions back here in City A, but we don't know when or even if he'll get any of them. 

Right now, the plan is if he doesn't get any of these jobs by mid-January, I'm moving to City B. Since his position there sucks, he'd like to keep looking for a new one (and I don't blame him at all, it's pretty bad and may be killing his career). We are trying to figure out if he should keep putting in for jobs- so we may potentially moving while I'm late pregnancy- or should we put it on hold until after the baby is born. Either way kind of sucks; I'd like to have enough time with an OB/midwife to build up a relationship and feel more comfortable, and it will totally suck trying to find someone I jive with (I'm not good with most doctors) late in pregnancy. But, it will also suck to move to who-knows-where with an infant, and I'm worried about SO staying at this job for that long. 

Any thoughts? Is it better to move while pregnant or with a baby?

Re: Moving in the near future, what would you do?

• I'd keep applying. My husband was also in a bad job environment but wanted to wait until after the kid is born to look. Well, he was let go over a month ago, so now he's looking but our budget is taking a hit.
  • I think you just have to do whatever is best for your situation, pregnancy or not. We're moving at the beginning of my third trimester, and though I wish I didn't have to deal with that many life changes, it is what it is. I'm not worried, and I'm sure it'll all be fine. I'm a military wife, and this happens to a lot of women in our circle. Life is not a check list where everything works out perfectly, so if you have to move late in pregnancy and find a new doctor, you'll most likely be okay and certainly not the first.

If you weren't pregnant, what do you think would be the best decision for you and your husband? Sounds like if he hates his job, it may be better long-term for him to keep looking for one he'll like. When the baby comes, life won't get any easier for either of you, and he'll have a job he hates to boot.