Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Pain after miscarriage, how long will it last?

Rese316Rese316 member
edited November 2015 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
I had a missed miscarriage and my Dr gave me medication via vaginal insertion the day before Thanksgiving to help me pass it. I was in horrible pain for two days and am still having mild to moderate cramping and pain. Anyone have any idea how long this cramping and pain will last?

Re: Pain after miscarriage, how long will it last?

• I think everyone is different. I took cytotec last Friday and had some moderate to severe cramping from Friday
    through Wednesday, so about five days . I contacted my doctor because I thought the cramps were lasting too long. My doc said it was normal. The pain subsided by Thursday. It's worth checking with your doc.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and I hope you feel better soon.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• I had a natural miscarriage and experienced pain for about a total of a week. The passing of the tissue was about in the middle of that week. I took motrin for the pain. Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had misoprostol last Monday & only had bad cramps Monday night in to Tuesday morning. A few intermittent cramps (mild/moderate) on Wednesday & Thursday. Nothing like the first 12hrs. Sorry you are going through this too. If you are worried about them definitely call your doctor. Did they confirm it did the trick and you don't have retained tissue?
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited November 2015
    I'm sorry for your loss. I took Cytotec about three weeks ago and had cramping for three days. I'm still having pain on both sides and below the uterus that I was told is due to it trying to shrink back down even though I was only almost 6w, this pain is not cramping though. My pain is similar to round ligament pain that I was getting when I was pregnant. I was also told it can last 1 or 2 months :( Everyone is different so it could be more or less for you or feel different.

Edit:grammar
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers