Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Chemical pregnancy? Or false positive preg test?

Hello,

I had a + preg test on 11/11 (actually 4 faint + wondfo's and 1 digital- all +... Excited much :).
I went out of town for the holiday week and starting bleeding on 11/22 (11/20= 5weeks).
11/23 went to the ER (per my pcp's recommendation, since I was out of town). Labs came back - beta for pregnancy.
Passed very large clot (not my norm) and then reg "period like symptoms" through 11/27.

Followed up w my obgyn and he said "
it wasnt a pregnancy based on - beta test (2 something).
"False positive pregnancy test"
"Wonky period"

Im an RN & Ive done my homework... It was all classic C.P. Symptoms....

Did I imagine this?
I thought it was rare to have false positive preg test (I was not on any fertility medications).

I felt very dismissed by this doctor (not my reg MD, just first available MD in the group).
He asked me why I even came?

Im not really sure what to think any more...

Has anyone ever had this happen?
Thanks

Re: Chemical pregnancy? Or false positive preg test?

• tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited November 2015
    Whoa. First of all, I am sorry this happened to you. I'm no doctor but it sounds to me like this was an early miscarriage/CP. Just because your HCG was low at the time you started bleeding doesn't mean it wasn't high before. If you had enough HCG to turn several tests, not just a bad batch since you said you took two brands, you were pregnant. I don't agree with the way this doctor handled this at all. It's like it didn't happen because he wasn't there to see it. And on top of this, his reaction was very insensitive.

You don't turn all those tests and then have your period at 5w2d... I'm sorry for your loss, I agree with you and no, you did not imagine this. I hope you can find some comfort here and that you get to have your take-home baby soon. A doctor confirming a pregnancy does not make it more real.

Edit:words
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Alwaysauntnevermom
    Thank you so much for your kind words. Thats exactly what I thought too (early MC/C.P.).

Needless to say, I will not be following up with their group once we do get pregnant.

❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree that it sounds like a CP/early MC. I'm so sorry for your loss and that the doc was so dismissive (and dumb ).

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Sounds like a shitty doctor. It would be one thing if you'd taken one test but you took multiple including a digi. I'm sorry for your loss and next time I'd definitely go to a different doctor. 
  • So insensitive of the doctor. I am so sorry for your loss.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thank you ladies ❤️