May 2016 Moms

Monday and Tuesday 11/30 and 12/1 ticker change

Week/Fruit:

Rants/Raves:

Upcoming appointments:

Questions for the Group:

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet?

Re: Monday and Tuesday 11/30 and 12/1 ticker change

• Week/Fruit: 18/sweet potato

Rants/Raves: Movement is becoming more noticeable and pronounced! Last night my little guy decided to roll around and dance while I was watching TV. :)

Upcoming appointments: Dec 23rd for our anatomy scan

Questions for the Group: Is anyone still having problems sleeping? I am up every hour to pee and then can't seem to get back to sleep very quickly.

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? We just started painting yesterday! I am having an energy surge recently despite the not sleeping bit so I figured we had better take advantage of it!
  • Week/Fruit: 18/sweet potato

Rants/Raves: leaving tomorrow to see my family out of state! I'm so excited but find myself being nervous about being away from my doctors office! Otherwise bump is really growing to be noticeable And I love it!

Upcoming appointments: December 9 for a check up and December 14 for the anatomy scan!

Questions for the Group: none at the moment

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet?
    Not yet. We are moving in January so we won't do much of anything until then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/Fruit: 17/Onion

Rants/Raves: Rant: I have really bad headaches. Make them stop!!! Rave: T-minus 11 days until I leave for Maui!!!! 

Upcoming appointments: Dec. 22 is the anatomy scan. Can't wait! 

Questions for the Group: Please tell me someone has a magical headache cure. I use my neti pot, I put ice on my head, I try to sleep, I take tylenol, I drink caffeine, I drink a ton of water. And I still get completely cold-cocked by these headaches. Ugh! 

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? No, we've been saying that January is "go time" for starting on the list of baby to-dos! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• vinerie said:

Week/Fruit: 17/Onion

Rants/Raves: Rant: I have really bad headaches. Make them stop!!! Rave: T-minus 11 days until I leave for Maui!!!! 

Questions for the Group: Please tell me someone has a magical headache cure. I use my neti pot, I put ice on my head, I try to sleep, I take tylenol, I drink caffeine, I drink a ton of water. And I still get completely cold-cocked by these headaches. Ugh! 

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? No, we've been saying that January is "go time" for starting on the list of baby to-dos! 
    Maybe call your OB and ask for a prescription? Mine wrote me a prescription when I complained about headaches at our last appointment. He said its Tylenol, caffeine, and another medicine. That might help?
  • Week/Fruit: 17/onion

Rants/Raves: DS#2 turns 1 on Wednesday! I can't even....

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 21 for anatomy scan :)

Questions for the Group: Nothing this week :)

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? Nope. And I don't intend to. The crib is still up for DS#2 in what will be the baby's room. We have a second crib in the room the boys will share come the new year. I don't believe in forcing my style on the kids. We chose a paint color for the walls when my oldest was born and that's where we'll leave it. I want the kids to make those decisions for themselves once they're old enough to have an opinion :) I get told I'm crazy for that alot, but any kind of independence I can give my kids they'll have. Plus my 2yo was so excited to choose his room decor, it was worth it.
  • hellogoodbye2hellogoodbye2 member
    edited November 2015
    Week/Fruit: 16 weeks / avocado 

Rants/Raves: Had a wonderful week/weekend with family. I'm feeling great even though I'm feeling much more emotional this week. 

Upcoming appointments: I had one this morning! Baby and I are doing good! Next appointment anatomy scan on Dec. 21st! 

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? Nope! We are still in the process of moving my daughter into her big girl room. Once that's done we'll start on the nursery. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Week/Fruit:  15/navel orange (tomorrow)

Rants/Raves: @vinerie - I'm having debilitating headaches, too.  I am doing the best I can with Tylenol and caffeine, but nothing seems to help.  It's worse than any morning sickness I had during first tri. 

Upcoming appointments:  Check up two weeks from today.  I hate going this long between appointments and might break down and buy a doppler...

Questions for the Group:

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet?  We're mostly just looking at photos for design ideas and researching furniture.  I did buy a glider on sale today, which was our first big purchase.  :) 
    imageimage
  • Week/Fruit: 15/navel orange

Rants/Raves: Getting up in the middle of the night to bee at least two or three times.

Upcoming appointments: December 14

Questions for the Group: How far along was everyone when they felt movement with their first? I am patiently waiting!

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? Nope. We won't start until we buy our new house, since we won't be in this apartment when baby is born. We also want to know the sex before we start.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Week/Fruit: 15 weeks / orange

Rants/Raves: still feel great! Only real symptom still is sleeeeepy! Although, I'm dying to feel baby move!

Upcoming appointments: December 3rd (Doppler and check up)

Questions for the Group: none

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? Sort of... We've started window shopping and deciding on colors and themes! Haven't purchased much yet!
  • Week/Fruit: 14/Lemon

Rants/Raves: Lately I have not been able to get a good nights sleep. Just constant tossing and turning. As well as waking up what feels like every 30 min or so. 

Upcoming appointments: December 17

Questions for the Group: I'm a first time mom, and even though I have all they symptoms, heard the heartbeat, and seen an ultra sound of the baby... I have trouble believing that I'm growing a little one inside me and about to be a mama. I don't think it'll all set in until I actually get to hold baby in my arms. Anyone else still kind of in disbelief?

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? Nope not yet. And probably won't for a while. Me and SO are looking to buy a new house at the beginning of the year. So once we find a place and get settled in we'll start working on little ones room. So ready for the New Year!
  • Week/Fruit: (Tomorrow) - 15, Navel Orange

Rants/Raves: I told my boss just so I could tell one coworker who I knew would be happy and it was his birthday. He got SO excited he hollered and now the entire office knows, I'm sure.

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday for blood work

Questions for the Group: How often should I be stretching?

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? Definitely not. I keep thinking about it, but we won't even know the gender until the new year, and I don't want to add another thing on to the holiday shopping list.
  • Week/Fruit: 15 weeks/orange

Rants/Raves: I'm afraid I might be having colitis issues still. I'm always sick to my stomach....ugh. I got terribly sick in public on Saturday. That was fun...But I'm beginning to show so that makes me happy :)

Upcoming appointments: I have one on Wednesday. Because of insurance hassles and a recent cross country move it's my first appointment. I've been using a home Doppler and the heartbeat is nice and strong....so I'm just excited, not nervous :)

Questions for the Group: None, but like some of you I'm struggling with headaches too. Tylenol and caffeine barely touch them.

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? Nope. We're in a temporary living situation so the nursery won't be complete until we get to the UK next year. I am however shopping for the stuff starting in January, it's just going to stay boxed up.
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• ****I'm going to respond to this like it's tomorrow...

Orange/Week 17
    Next appt is December 23rd
    I have not started the nursery and won't go into it bc I'll murder DH when he gets home tonight :)
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• vinerie said:
    Week/Fruit: 17/Onion

Silly and simple sounding but have you tried sucking on a peppermint or smelling peppermint?? It helped me in the first tri when mine were brutal.
    Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• AdorkablePixie

Questions for the Group: How far along was everyone when they felt movement with their first? I am patiently waiting!

Around 5 to 6 months. No worries it will come :)

Been married since 2009.
    Several MCs

• Week/Fruit: 15/navel orange

Rants/Raves: I can't seem to fall asleep and stay asleep. So frustrating! On the upside, I'm not as exhausted all the time, which is weird since I'm not sleeping well. 

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for exam and more blood work

Questions for the Group: What is your current work out routine?  I have been doing some light cardio at the gym, but I haven't been doing any weights.  I was too tired the first tri to even go to the gym, so this is progress!  I am going to talk to my doctor at my appointment tomorrow to find out what types of exercise, how much weight, etc. she recommends.  Have you changed your fitness routine?  If so,  how?

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? Not really.  We have a good idea of what we want to do, but we haven't started converting our home office/storage room into the nursery yet. 
  • swflJD said:
    Questions for the Group: What is your current work out routine?  I have been doing some light cardio at the gym, but I haven't been doing any weights.  I was too tired the first tri to even go to the gym, so this is progress!  I am going to talk to my doctor at my appointment tomorrow to find out what types of exercise, how much weight, etc. she recommends.  Have you changed your fitness routine?  If so,  how?

I was doing Insanity before I got pregnant so I've continued with that. I modified it by less jumping, lower kicks, and I'll just choose different moves for anything he does that is on the ground.

I'm also a runner, but I took a break right before I got pregnant so I was nervous to start up too much. I figure I can do a 6.0 pace for a mile, but anything over a mile, I just stick to doing high inclines and walking. For weights, I just have been using a 15lb kettlebell - I haven't lifted in a while, and didn't think it was the right time to start back up.

Good luck getting back into a routine - I feel SO much better now on looking at the scale knowing that the number is going up due to the baby's growth and things I need to expand, rather than a craving :)

• @Bluejay3030 I have thought I've felt something small a couple or times, but just attributed it to gas.

@swflJD I've kept doing the same workout I was doing before I got pregnant. The doctor said as long as I was doing it before, it was fine to keep doing. I do cardio and some lifting.  I run three days a week and walk twice on the treadmill. I also do the stationary bike.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • swflJD : I was doing a lot of weightlifting and different types of cardio (spinning, running, etc.) before pg. This is the longest I've gone without hitting the gym--over a month easy. Right now I'm just doing  a lot of walking; my dog makes sure that will never go away. I'm dying to get back to the gym, though, especially to do the weightlifting. Also, I'll try to get in lunges on my walks in hopes that I can keep my butt from doing the same thing as my belly (because, vanity). 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Wk- 15/ orange

Rant/rave- pregnancy acne is finally clearing up!!! Yay!

Appts- just a follow up later this week gender ultrasound probably in January.

Q's- not today

GTKY- (started on nursery?) i'm in the planning phase, I've picked out colors, themes, arrange the room in my minds eye, and made a todo list but nothing concrete yet...
  • Week/Fruit: 17/onion

Rants/Raves: headaches and fatigue still

Upcoming appointments: anatomy sonogram on the 16th!

Questions for the Group: none

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? Sort of...we just bought our first house, so we are planning and have picked out a theme but haven't moved anything into the room yet.
  • Week/Fruit: 17/onion.... Not a nice fruit choice this week.

Rants/Raves: my skin is awful and going to call the dermatologist. Dry blotchy skin and clusters of zits - bringing me back to 7th grade here, baby!

Upcoming appointments: A/S on December 16 - excited to see that baby is healthy (we already know she is a girl!).

Questions for the Group: no questions, but still having headaches like most of you are saying - I steered clear of caffeine but I find out that having a 12oz Coke definitely helps. I also am one to feel like I'm not pregnant, but starting to get the little "bubbles dancing" movements.

GTKY: Have you started on the nursery yet? Nope... We have ideas, but those won't be implemented for a little while (DH's only request, no pink walls - I can handle that!) - maybe start in January???

@sarawifenow - I'm still struggling sleeping. I don't wake up to pee at night, but I toss and turn from each side CONSTANTLY. Doesn't help that my frenchie is up every hour because he can't decide if he is hot or cold and wants under the covers. I've asked for a pregnancy pillow for Christmas from my in-laws so hoping that might help a bit with finding a comfy spot. I'm sadly just getting used to it.
  • @AdorkablePixie I am a FTM and started feeling flutters at about 16 and a half weeks. Everyone is so different though! It'll come!