July 2016 Moms
Options

2nd+ times Moms - When did you stop using dresser/changing table?

vtulchvtulch member
edited November 2015 in July 2016 Moms
At approximately what age did you stop using the dresser/changing table for your little one? 

DS will be 20 months when I give birth and I'm wondering if I can use his dresser/changing pad for the newborn or will he still be using it at that age? The furniture I want is really expensive so DH will be very happy to hear that we don't have to buy another dresser.

Re: 2nd+ times Moms - When did you stop using dresser/changing table?

• Options
    Yesterday! DS is 2 and potty trained so we just took the changing pad off the dresser.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    Oh. We stopped using it when she could crawl. It was pointless around 6/7 months. I change her on the floor or my bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The floor/bed really kills my back I avoid it at all costs! 
  • Options
    My DD is 22 months and we still use it. I expect that we'll continue until she's potty trained.
  • Options
    Maybe until 2.5? The bed thing didn't work for us because DD would just run away. We only stopped using it because we moved and were living in a hotel.

Maybe I'm dense... but why can't both of your kids use the same changing table?
  • Options
    Pretty much when he was potty trained. He's three and I finally just took the changing pad off of his dresser.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    vtulchvtulch member
    edited November 2015
    @quartz02 One changing table just wouldn't make sense. Naturally it would be in one of the bedrooms and if one is sleeping and the other needs a diaper change it'll be a problem. Same thing goes for clothes I can't keep them all in one room and I can't keep going back and forth from room to room grabbing clothes every time time I need to change them.
  • Options
    We never had a "changing table" per say.  We have a dresser with a changing table top that is removable.  We still use it and my DS is 28 months.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• Options
    We've never used a changing table - we just use the bed and it works great.
  • Options
    We only had one changing table when I had DS and DD still wore diapers and it was never an issue, although I rarely used it once they started rolling over or crawling.  I usually just lay them down on the floor to change them.
    DS is 2.5 now and almost potty trained, I still change diapers for him once or twice a day for naps and bed, but thats it.
  • Options
    Would you be able to use a pack 'n play instead of a second changing table? Ours has a reversible bassinet/changing pad that snaps on the top. Then you could move it to wherever in the house you need it.
  • Options
    @knitmama I do have a pack and play with a changing station but it's not the appropriate height plus I'm really tall and I have a lot of back problems so it doesn't work for me.

@oandmplus1 & simplymizzj I have a lot of back issues so using the bed/floor is really hard for me.

I guess we'll be getting another dresser/changing table!
  • Options
    We stopped when she fell off!! About 7 months. We use the floor now. Will use it again for the new LO for a while I guess.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think I stopped using mine when DS was about a year and a half but he was a too big!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    We use a dresser with a changing pad on it and we will use it until he is potty trained. We will also do a dresser with a changing pad for 2.0
  • Options
    @vtulch reading comprehension fail on my part. Our dresser and changing table were separate so that's what I was thinking of! It makes sense you wouldn't want to go into a sleeping child's room. (can you tell my second child hasn't arrived yet?)