Trouble TTC

Suppliment Suggestions for DH

I searched for this answer already, there was lots of questions but all seems to be rather old, so I wanted to ask again incase there was some new information or suggestions.

My DH had his second SA done last week. Low count and low morphology. I haven't seen the exact numbers as the doctor just told me over the phone. Anyone have any suggestions for vitamins or supplements that your DH may have/ still does take? Anyone see any positive results?  

Me: 30 DH: 33

Married: February 15, 2013

TCC: October 2013

MFI- low count/morphology

May / June 2016- Monitored cycle and TI- BFN

June / July 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #1- BFN

August 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #2-

Re: Suppliment Suggestions for DH

• Lurker here!

I highly recommend the book "it starts with the egg" it talks all about what you can do to improve egg quality and what DH can do for sperm. The suppliments reccommended are: selenium, CoQ10, zinc and vitamin C plus a multivitamin. I have my DH on all of these, we havent done a SA so i cant speak to the results, but this is the most current recommendation.
  • My DH was diagnosed with low
    Morphology too. Our RE gave us a list of vitamins to take every day; folic acid, multi vitamin, Vit c (one in the morning and one at night) Vit d, omega 3 (or fish oil), and Co-Q 10 (one in the morning one in the afternoon) I hope this helps! They also recommended that I take it too, it can't hurt!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. I have him taking most of those things. We added the co-q10 yesterday. We see the urologist on December 18th so hopefully he will give up a few more suggestions!

Me: 30 DH: 33

Married: February 15, 2013

TCC: October 2013

MFI- low count/morphology

May / June 2016- Monitored cycle and TI- BFN

June / July 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #1- BFN

August 2016- Gonal-F + IUI #2-

• See if you can speak to one of the nurses over the phone about supplements. Your Dr should always know what he is taking so it doesn't interact with any medicines or treatments. The tricky thing about doing over the counter medicines can be doing the correct dosage. Some vitimins interact or even require a separate vitimin to help with absorbtion so they are effective. Your Dr will be able to help. Good luck!

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker