July 2016 Moms

Got milk?

I don't know if it's because it is baby number 4 or what... but I am already getting colostrum. Noticed because DH got handsy. Anyone else? I'm 5w2d

Re: Got milk?

• Me! But it also happened like this with my first. I also had leakage the month before I found out, so idk my bodies weird. 6w0d today.
  • I am feeling very similar pangs of pain like I did when my milk came in or letdown happened, I only stopped nursing 6 months ago though so i don't think I ever stopped having something in there. My boobs didn't hurt this bad last time.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know if it's because it is baby number 4 or what... but I am already getting colostrum. Noticed because DH got handsy. Anyone else? I'm 5w2d

FTM here who has NO idea what you're talking about lol. Please explain. Or, refer me to Google, which is fine too. I won't be offended lol
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• This is my 2nd time around and haven't produced any liquid gold yet. Already prepping the PISA for another year long relationship with my chest.

@KASG Colostrum is the nutrient rich breast milk that comes before the big supply. Most of the time it's an earthy yellow and it is loaded with the good stuff. Some women begin to leak before baby is born, and in this case it's happening super early. Everyone is different. I happened to be dry, and swore I produced nothing..3 days postpartum a nap happened, and woke up soaking everything in breastmilk. It was gnarly.
  • I was leaking for a few days around 5w as well (this is my 2nd, so not sure if that has anything to do with it). Stopped after a few days.
  • I am feeling the letdown tingle several times a day, but no leakage. It has been a year and a half since I've BFd a babe.
  • I haven't breast fed in about 9 months but my first symptom of pregnancy was that tingly let down feeling multiple times a day. I am not leaking per se, but if I squeeze them some will come out.
  • OH NO! I hope with the second it doesn't come earlier.  I was leaking all over the place by month 7.  DH and I were cuddling in bed and I asked him why he was sweating so much (we really were just cuddling :) ).   He turned over to me and said "Uh babe I think that's you" I had a huge wet mark all over my shirt.  I had to wear breast pads months before LO arrived.  
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• Oh. Hasn't happened to me yet. Seems like a STM occurrence, at least this early.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• It happened to me late in the 2nd trimester the first time.  Hasn't happened to me yet with this one, but I have felt the let down tingle a few times.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • edited November 2015
    I'm still nursing DD (9 months old). I've noticed a drop in my supply, but I'm still producing a decent amount for her. Not sure if still BFing invalidates my contribution though.

ETA: I started dropping milk if I squeezed during the late second/early third trimester with her. No full on let down leaking everywhere until after she was born.
  • @TattoosandLace are you planning on continuing bfing throughout this pregnancy? Just wondering as I am hoping to but my nipples are killing me already!
  • Still nursing here to. But I am pretty sure we are almost done. Supply dip and super sore nappies. He will be one in 11 days but I wasn't quite ready to wean yet. :(
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I'm still nursing my 16 month. I hope to continue nursing until second trimester. Our one nursing session is still going well and I assume I am still producing enough milk for her. I started leaking milk a couple of days before my BFP, but nothing since then!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Puddles03 I nursed my first through most of my pregnancy with my second. And I swear it felt like I had shards of glass instead of milk. I also dried up but she stubbornly kept on until I had to wean her because they bed rested me.

My youngest is almost 5. I was just surprised to see anything this early.
  • I'm the opposite of most you ladies! I haven't nursed DD in 6+ months but this whole time I could squeeze a drop or two out. I thought it was weird I *almost* dried up. Now that I'm pregnant it's fully gone.