November 2015 Moms

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• My edd was Nov 27. I'm still having no bh or anything, and he's still still sitting high up. Also, he keeps flipping up n down I even had a cancelled c-section. We're going to talk about inducing late next week.
  • I've eaten an entire pineapple today.
    Still no sign of baby, but I burnt the roof of my mouth in the process! :wink:

I ate half a pineapple and I'm still laying in bed trying to sleep with no signs of labor :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Also is anyone else experiencing major heart burn/acid reflux? I haven't dealt with it much at all throughout this pregnancy but I feel like I'm breathing fire and about to vomit constantly since beginning of this week :(

I had it a few days ago, had to sleep sitting upright on the couch.... Mine was reflux.. It was horrible.. They say try not to eat 3 hours before bed.. But that is a difficult task to accomplish when pregnant lol
  • My edd was Nov 27. I'm still having no bh or anything, and he's still still sitting high up. Also, he keeps flipping up n down I even had a cancelled c-section. We're going to talk about inducing late next week.

I had no BH with DS and he was still really high up way past my due date. The only symptoms I had towards the end of my pregnancy were mild cramps that would fizzle out into nothing. I was really disappointed when they scheduled my induction (for 41+5) but then I went into labour spontaneously at 41+2. I know every pregnancy is different, but don't give up hope. It could still happen before you are induced!
  • Saw this on another site, and no experience with it, but I read that if you prop your legs up real high on pillows right after epidural you'll have more feeling/be less uncomfortable in your feet and legs.
    Don't know if it works well, but might be worth a shot.
  • Sending good thoughts @feebee21 , @knolliepollie and @MercyC1130 !! Hoping for smooth deliveries for you and babies! You guys will rock this!
  • Went to L&D last night with painful contractions 4 mins apart for two hours (this after days of irregular contractions, sometimes 10 mins, sometimes 5 mins apart for hours) and somehow, I am not even close to giving birth. Only 1 cm dialated and no effacement. Nurse said I have an irritable uterus and the monitor showed the contractions, but I guess they aren't leading to anything.
  • Went to L&D last night with painful contractions 4 mins apart for two hours (this after days of irregular contractions, sometimes 10 mins, sometimes 5 mins apart for hours) and somehow, I am not even close to giving birth. Only 1 cm dialated and no effacement. Nurse said I have an irritable uterus and the monitor showed the contractions, but I guess they aren't leading to anything.

Bah! I keep checking on you, mama. Have you done a sweep?

Ugh!!! Sorry to hear that!!!
  • I've eaten an entire pineapple today.
    Still no sign of baby, but I burnt the roof of my mouth in the process! :wink:

Have probably eaten about 5 full pineapples in the past two weeks and nothing the plug hasn't even come out and I'm a week over. Love pineapple but my burnt tastebuds do not haha.

I'll find out this morning whether I'm going to be induced this week or wait another week out. Either way unless I miraculously go into labor right now looks like I'll be having a December baby...

sorry to hear this! I was hoping your lack of posting last night meant you were on your way! Soon...

Bah! I keep checking on you, mama. Have you done a sweep?
    Aww thanks @thefithuntress! They haven't done a sweep but I am going in today, I will ask about one!
  • Thank you, @french_mani and @Ellsmac! I appreciate for support! I know these babies can't stay in there forever, and am just getting so excited to meet him!
  • I hope I'm in labor! Contractions, but they are all less than ten minutes apart and varying between 40 seconds to almost a minute and a half, with mild cramping in between.
    Does this sound like anyone else's experience? Thought it'd start out at like 10-20 minutes between...

Crossing my fingers..

Good luck mama! This was me this past Thursday evening/ Friday morning, and I had baby girl Friday night! My contractions never were regular, but I kept waiting for them to get regular to get checked out. Another mom advised that I go to L&D, so I did, and I'm really glad otherwise she would've been born at home!
  • Today is my due date... No action here except all the crying I've done already today out of frustration. Lol
    Also my in laws are coming to town on Sunday. I have a feeling there will be no baby for them to see. Which is why I asked for them to wait to book anything and that I would like to have 2 weeks after baby comes before they visit. But monster-in-law didn't like that answer, so.. :neutral:
  • Just got back from my appointment, been 1.5cm/80% for the last week and a half and nothing. Scheduled induction to go in the night of 12/7. My mom and MIL think induction is a bad idea but I can't be pregnant anymore... Ugh
  • Just got back from my appointment, been 1.5cm/80% for the last week and a half and nothing. Scheduled induction to go in the night of 12/7. My mom and MIL think induction is a bad idea but I can't be pregnant anymore... Ugh

Sorry to hear that, @JStill0603. I'm right there with you! Only 1 cm, no effacement, 40+2. The doctors won't let their patients go past 41, so
    I am likely going to be induced this week if he doesn't come on his own.
  • Ellsmac said:

Sending good thoughts @feebee21 , @knolliepollie and @MercyC1130 !! Hoping for smooth deliveries for you and babies! You guys will rock this!

Ditto!! Hope all is going well for you ladies today!! Good luck!!
  • I am a stm... 40 wk 2 days. I am at 3 cm 70 percent effaced. everything looks fine... haven't scheduled an induction yet. I'm already feeling the mommy guilt over induction and also I have just kinda made the decision to go on my leave even tho he hasn't come. so, some questions:

are all you overdue mommies still working?

did anyone out there get a membrane sweep and it worked? I got one today, so we will see!
  • @JStill0603: don't worry about what others think, just think about how you feel and what would be best for YOU and your baby. I can't stand being pregnant anymore either.
  • I am 40+5 Today and finally dilated enough for a membrane sweep (still only 1cm 60% effaced but it's something!) HOLY MOLY was that uncomfortable and the cramps and back pain right now are quite unpleasant. Hope it works otherwise I'm being induced next Monday the 7th which I would like to avoid if possible.

Also to the previous question, still working but my work allows me to work from home which has been very nice. Pants optional!
  • Ellsmac said:

Sending good thoughts @feebee21 , @knolliepollie and @MercyC1130 !! Hoping for smooth deliveries for you and babies! You guys will rock this!

Ditto!! Hope all is going well for you ladies today!! Good luck!!
    Second this. I love how supportive this thread is! Good luck ladies!!
  • winge87 said:

I am a stm... 40 wk 2 days. I am at 3 cm 70 percent effaced. everything looks fine... haven't scheduled an induction yet. I'm already feeling the mommy guilt over induction and also I have just kinda made the decision to go on my leave even tho he hasn't come. so, some questions:

did anyone out there get a membrane sweep and it worked? I got one today, so we will see!

@winge87 I just decided to stop working today and LO hasn't made an appearance. I'm pretty exhausted and I feel like taking a break before he comes. Hell, I was thinking he would already be here.

BHs and cramping, minor back pain. Congested and having some trouble breathing again (? Not sure why). Tired. I want to hold my baby. :( obviously, also whiny.

Good luck to all you ladies being induced today!
  • Thanks ladies, it just makes it extra stressful to feel like I don't have a lot of support being induced next week. Fingers crossed he comes on his own. I've been uncomfortable ever since the check... My midwives do not offer membrane sweeps.

Today is my first day of maternity leave also, so no more 10 hour days on my feet for me, I don't think I could have handled that another day or went back after the long weekend.
  • winge87 said:

I am a stm... 40 wk 2 days. I am at 3 cm 70 percent effaced. everything looks fine... haven't scheduled an induction yet. I'm already feeling the mommy guilt over induction and also I have just kinda made the decision to go on my leave even tho he hasn't come. so, some questions:

I stopped working on my due date, and went to 41+1. It was maddening being at home and waiting, but I am glad I had some time to rest before baby came. I think my sweep helped move things along, I was at 1cm, 50% effaced at 40+6, got a sweep (and went for acupuncture), and went into labor the next evening.

Good luck, you're almost there!
  • SMoore82104SMoore82104 member
    edited December 2015
    Well here at the hospital got sent right over to l&d after my ultrasound due to low fluids. Being induced as we speak, major headache being here at the hospital, think I'm just siking myself out but gunna get some rest and hopefully hear that I'm further dilated and that baby is on his way by morning :)
  • Shelbyville30Shelbyville30 member
    edited December 2015
    40+2, had an apt. today. Last week I was at 1cm/50%, today at 2cm/75%. If I don't have the baby in the next couple of days, I'll be going in on Thursday for an ultra sound. Just to check fluids and baby.

Kind of excited about the progress even though despite that I could still be pregnant to 42 weeks (praying... pleeeeeease baby, no)

Put up our Christmas tree this evening, getting really excited to share part of this holiday season with the LO... Hoping for lots of snuggles :)

Good luck mamas!!! Almost there!!!

Oh... And not really working anymore. Did have a consult on Saturday and tomorrow I have a networking meeting. Although, only really going to that for the pancakes ;)
  • Went for my appointment tonight 40+3 :smile: not dilated yet. Doctor went waayyyy up there and I yelled wooooohooooo!!!! Lol I embarrassed my DH so bad lol!!!! He said come back Wednesday to check baby and fluids. He said he can't induce til at least 41 weeks. I am constantly checking up on all of you, good luck!!!
  • Is anyone else having contractions on and off?  I'm 40+2 and had somewhat painful contractions about 15 min apart for about an hour and half this afternoon. Then I had nothing for a few hours, then more painful (have to stop what I'm doing and concentrate though them, but it's manageable)  contractions from 8 to 9:30pm every 10-20 min then nothing again.  I almost called my husband to come home from his night shift but then they stopped.  It's really frustrating. 
  • Is anyone else having contractions on and off?  I'm 40+2 and had somewhat painful contractions about 15 min apart for about an hour and half this afternoon. Then I had nothing for a few hours, then more painful (have to stop what I'm doing and concentrate though them, but it's manageable)  contractions from 8 to 9:30pm every 10-20 min then nothing again.  I almost called my husband to come home from his night shift but then they stopped.  It's really frustrating. 

Yes, I have. It is so frustrating!! I've learned contractions (not BH, but regular, timeable, sometimes painful contractions) don't necessarily lead to labor. My doctor said its common.

Yes, I have. It is so frustrating!! I've learned contractions (not BH, but regular, timeable, sometimes painful contractions) don't necessarily lead to labor. My doctor said its common.
    I was joking with my nurse yesterday that if nothing else with pregnancy I have learned two things 1. Everything means nothing and 2. Everything weird is normal lol!

Today is my birthday, don't think I'll be sharing although everyone keeps telling me I might. Man I really am inconveniencing my friends and family by still being pregnant ;)
    Happy birthday, @french_mani!! Couldn't agree with you more about everything meaning nothing and everything being weird! Hope today is your day! As for me, I'm probably going to be induced before the end of the week. Waiting at the dr. so she can review the results of the ultrasound with me now and discuss next steps.
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 lots and lots of waiting huh?! I'm luckily comfortable still, not all that false labor junk, so I'm content hanging in there. It's my DH that is so impatient and just wants me induced. He doesn't understand it's not that easy or always the right thing to do. Ah well, I'll let it come from the doctor- I don't have energy to fight or explain it anymore! And thanks for the bday wishes. Lots of distractions today for me! Keep us updated with the results!!!!