Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Top 5 Tummy Troubles & How to Help

BumpCaitlinBumpCaitlin admin
edited January 2016 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Now that baby’s here, you’ve probably spent more time thinking about poop and spit-up than ever before. (You’ve also probably spent some time cleaning it up and off of you. Ah, the joys of being a parent!)

Babies are prone to tummy troubles, which can often be concerning for parents. We’re here to help!
Click here to find out how to spot the most common baby belly problems and handle them like a pro. 

What tips do you have for helping with these issues?

P.S. Let's take our friendship to the next level. Like us on Facebook

Re: Top 5 Tummy Troubles & How to Help

• Options
    Gripe water has been working well for us.
  • Options
    My LO has has been battling bad gas and minor constipation for a few weeks. I finally broke down and
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lexgalllexgall member
    edited November 2015
    Gripe water did wonders for our LO her first weeks of life. Now she has no more gas pain at 10 weeks! It gets better :)
  • Options
    Massage stomach in a clockwise pattern, bicycle legs, gripe water and laying on stomach.
  • Options
    My DD has been having a hard time pooping I can tell by her grunting and bring her feet to her chest, she seems to only be pooping now once a day. I did give her gripe water but it makes me nervous. She is only 11 days old. I did change her formula to gentle and when she went today and lastnight it was green. I feel bad and Im not sure what to do. And Google is no help either. Im hoping that the green poo is from the water and that it will pass on its own and become normal.
  • Options
    nancy529nancy529 member
    edited January 2016
    My LO is 2 week old today and she has a lot gases and grunts a lot like if she want to let something out of her mouth but doesnt. She also out of no where starts choking and makes a lot of force. She also has reflux. I took her to the pediatrician but they said they cant give or do anything since shes a few days born. Any advice please?
  • Options
    nancy529 said:

My LO is 2 week old today and she has a lot gases and grunts a lot like if she want to let something out of her mouth but doesnt. She also out of no where starts choking and makes a lot of force. She also has reflux. I took her to the pediatrician but they said they cant give or do anything since shes a few days born. Any advice please?

Try moving her legs in a bicycle motion when she seems like she is gassy, it can help to move the gas around. You can also rub her belly in a clockwise direction. It's normal for babies to have gas and to spit up, most of it does not require medication. Make sure she is burping well after she eats, too.
  • Options
    I agree with all the points from the above poster. I'd also add to keep her upright for at least 20 mins after feeding, and elevating her head while she sleeps (with a wedge under her mattress).
    My little guy is 5 weeks old today, and has gas and reflux, too. All of this has helped him a lot!
  • Options
    Take ajwain around 5-6 pieces boil it in hot water and filter water and cool it down and give your baby.this helps to reduce gas and aids digestion .I just come across this article .hope it will help to relive all tummy problems
    www.babyandnames.com/eatwell.html

• Options
    I use dill tea for my babies....I look for dried dill. I'm from The Bahamas so 'dill' is found almost anywhere growing. You boil the dry dill branches where the seeds are (not too strong), then sift it through a thin cloth to sift out all the seeds. Fill a bottle with it and if your baby do not like it like that, you can sweeten it with a little drop of Karo corn syrup. My son love it without anything in it because I do not make it strong.