July 2016 Moms
Options

"Healthy" snack ideas (or whatever you can stomach)

Mommas, 

So now we are expecting and last time I gained 60 pounds. I am trying to not let that happen again because I know it is not good for me and I teach PE :) and am a role model for students. I personally just started experiencing MS this past week while off work and am 6w1d. I am looking to expand my snack load to more than just saltines. Let's see what you got (or can stomach). 

Re: "Healthy" snack ideas (or whatever you can stomach)

• Options
    Watermelon and clementines.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    I second clementines! I also like pineapple and pears. Danjou pears tho and juuuuust barely ripe. First thing in the morning I will eat a banana with peanut butter; it really helps settle my stomach for some reason.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Banana. I eat one just about every night when I get up to pee. During the day I really love Kiefer.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I've been eating clementines, cheese and crackers, a piece of toast, or a small bowl of unsweetened cereal. Occasionally carrot sticks with hummus if we remember to stock up!
  • Options
    samantha1206samantha1206 member
    edited November 2015
    I need this thread!! The entire week of Thanksgiving up until now I've eaten what I've wanted and when. I need some control back in my life
    Clementines sounds amazing. I like baby bell cheese myself. Haven't thought much about bananas and peanut butter but it sounds amazing now!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been doing string cheese.

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    Regarding crackers, if you just want to mix it up, I love water crackers like Carr's (don't fall for that generic bs at Target - it's a fake out - they are not delicious!), rather than saltines.
  • Options
    Pretzels are always good for me, I try to eat a few right before bed, and keep little bags of them around throughout the day. For some reason the salt kind of makes my nausea a little better. I also like fruit salads and applesauce (it has to be cold) as well as string cheese. I don't have a wide variety of snacks right now that I can actually keep down though.
  • Options
    Apples, peanut butter anything, granola and fruit yogurts. New as of today - Popsicles! My cravings started off super unhealthy so I've been excited to be into these things!!
  • Options
    Coco dusted almonds, and kiwi have been my favorites lately.
  • Options
    I make a big batch of oatmeal and then eat it for brkfst with fruit and a little bit of almond milk... It's been a good replacement as me and eggs aren't getting along right now. Pumpkin seeds are really good too, dried fruit, grapes and yogurt too. Also seltzer with a splash of cranberry juice or lemon wedge too help me stay hydrated!
  • Options
    Granola bars, Dole natural fruit cups, string cheese & wheat thins, bananas, Greek yogurt, English muffin with peanut butter. I try to eat small meals of these items all day bc if I let my stomach get empty my MS kicks in.
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    Also grapes! Super cold only.
  • Options
    Grapes, carrot sticks dipped in blue cheese or peanut butter (okay could be healthier), dates, bell pepper slices, cucumber slices, pears, granola and almond milk, kale chips, green smoothies, raw pickles... These are top of my MS approved list!

Healthy snacks I used to love that baby hates: apples with almond butter, grapefruit chopped into bite sized pieces, celery and hummus, string cheese
  • Options
    Rice cereal (chex) by the handful
    Wasa Crisp and Light crackers with a bit of buttery spread on top
    Avocado for some reason is pretty much the only green thing I can still stomach
    Tortilla chips
    Also this week I discovered pumpkin bread is ok (for now)

It seems like the best thing for me is to keep rotating stuff because I get sick of everything after a few days
  • Options
    My go-to travel snacks to take to work are applesauce cups and string cheese. I also keep baby carrots around for the crunch factor!
  • Options
    I've been a Weight Watchers member for a loooong time, so I feel like I have a lot of healthy snack ideas! I love fresh fruit, nonfat greek yogurt, string cheese, raw string beans, lara bars, Teddy Grahams, Wheat Thins with sliced sharp cheddar, Edy's real fruit popsicles, dried cranberries or apricots. I try to limit nuts and nut butters but almond butter and a small handful of nuts are a great source of protein.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    I've been going to town on carrot sticks and hummus. I chop up chipotle peppers and mix them into the hummus for an added kick.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cheese and crackers! I also love smoothies so I use my shakeology and add frozen berries and fruit with almond milk. I also freeze bananas put them in the blender with a little milk and voila ice cream! Add in a little cocoa and peanut butter and it's even better. I also love sugar free stove top pudding and jello! Wow so hungry right now!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Clementines are the best. I make spinach, banana, and berry smoothies in the morning for breakfast for DH and I. Pumpkin bread is another go to. Also sunflower seeds and dried cranberries (I sometimes add a few chocolate chips).
  • Options
    Baked sweet potato
  • Options
    Chicken soup, carrots, popcorn (not super buttery kinds), baked chips, apples (also good with peanut butter like bananas), pears, and tomatoes somehow aren't bothering me despite their acidity.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    A sweet potato sounds delicious right now! Thanks for all your great ideas. I always seem to have to sneak veggies into my entrees during the 1st tri because I just can't do it. I made blueberry oatmeal muffins today, I figure they have a good carb factor which helps me feel better, but is "sugared" with vanilla extract and maple syrup instead of sugar. 
  • Options
    Before I found out I was pregnant I dropped 15 pounds. And while I've been slacking I want to get back to my healthy eating again like all of you ladies!

I've found that I love the Naked juices. The green machine and berry one are great mixed and you don't taste the "green" stuff. Packed with tons of great stuff too.

I also make a hot drink that is great if you are feeling crappy. 1tbls honey, 1 tbls apple cider vinegar, some cinnamon, lemon juice, and a dash of cayenne pepper. Just add some hot water :) The taste is weird at first but I love it now!
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Croscrew try brown sugar and applesauce too as sweeteners! Or molasses :smiley:
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Frozen fruit, preferably frozen mango!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Other than heavy icky carbs. I can stomach dairy. String cheese. Cottage cheese, Greek yogurt. I'm not normally a fruit person and can't currently stomach it. I do Herbalife so I can stomach the shakes and have added spinach to the shakes. (Sounds gross, I know -but you don't taste it). Focusing on protein and nutrition this time around. Gained 65 lbs with my first and that was 100% giving into every craving that ever popped into my head. This time, I hope to not gain more than 15 lbs.