August 2016 Moms

Miss Me Maternity Jeans

So I just found out this was indeed a real thing that is only sold through Ebay (https://www.ebay.com/sch/Miss-Me-Maternity-Clothes/172378/bn_857394/i.html. Have any of you actually bought these jeans and can give feedback on them?

July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

Re: Miss Me Maternity Jeans

• I have not bought those jeans, but a few thoughts:

1) It's going to be a bit before you'll need maternity pants (it happens faster the more kids you have, but you should have a few months at least). No pressure to buy any time soon.

2) They all appear to be low band waists. I saw you had a cesarean with your first. I found after my first cesarean that low band pants put a lot of pressure on my scar and it got super irritating the bigger I got. Full panel pants distributed the hold better for me. (YMMV, just my 2 cents)
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Full panel, FTW! Also, holy hell those are expensive! You do know you're probably only going to wear them for less than a year, right? Stick to Old Navy, Gap and Target.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Loading the player...
  • I just bought a Bella band. I've noticed at work after I eat I have to unbutton my pants for a while and this product is supposed to fit over your pants concealing the open button so I can wear my pants longer
  • Lurking from May 16... A couple thoughts- I feel this is a lot of money to spend on maternity jeans when you really will only need them for a few months... I'm 16 weeks along and am barely showing- I definitely don't anticipate needing maternity jeans for at least another month and even then I will be wearing affordable leggings, Bella band, etc. it seems like a waste to me and like the money would be better spent on something for the baby or the nursery. That's just my two cents though. Trust me, no one expects a pregnant woman to be super fashionable :-)
  • I don't think it's fair to judge the brand or cost of clothing someone wants to buy, even if it will be worn for less than a year. Personally, I have tried on jeans in seemingly every store available and nothing fits me well besides designer jeans. I've been wearing $200 jeans since high school and just ordered a couple pair of maternity jeans to try on and keep on hand as well.

OP, I have no feedback re: Miss Me. If it's a brand you are currently wearing, you're probably safe to order your current size. You can google for reviews of the fit as well.
  • I don't think it's fair to judge the brand or cost of clothing someone wants to buy, even if it will be worn for less than a year. Personally, I have tried on jeans in seemingly every store available and nothing fits me well besides designer jeans. I've been wearing $200 jeans since high school and just ordered a couple pair of maternity jeans to try on and keep on hand as well. OP, I have no feedback re: Miss Me. If it's a brand you are currently wearing, you're probably safe to order your current size. You can google for reviews of the fit as well.

Maybe use the quote feature to say who you are referring to. I'm hoping you weren't referring to me because I wasn't casting any judgement at all, just sharing my personal experience... OP posted asking us for feedback. For what it's worth, I don't think anyone else was "judging" either
  • Kristin712Kristin712 member
    edited November 2015

I don't think it's fair to judge the brand or cost of clothing someone wants to buy, even if it will be worn for less than a year. Personally, I have tried on jeans in seemingly every store available and nothing fits me well besides designer jeans. I've been wearing $200 jeans since high school and just ordered a couple pair of maternity jeans to try on and keep on hand as well.

OP, I have no feedback re: Miss Me. If it's a brand you are currently wearing, you're probably safe to order your current size. You can google for reviews of the fit as well.

Maybe use the quote feature to say who you are referring to. I'm hoping you weren't referring to me because I wasn't casting any judgement at all, just sharing my personal experience... OP posted asking us for feedback. For what it's worth, I don't think anyone else was "judging" either

----QBF----
    It was a general statement directed at multiple responses. Your response to the OP was not ill-intentioned; I know that. But at the same time, you coming in here and offering no feedback about the specific style or brand of jeans and only stating " it seems like a waste to me and like the money would be better spent on something for the baby or the nursery," it does come across as judgment. OP wasn't asking for opinions on price or how much she should spend on her wardrobe.
  • I didn't know they offered maternity! That is awesome. I don't look good without a full panel, but I say if you like them- go for it! I would rather have one pair of jeans I love throughout my pregnancy than 5 that are so-so. Pregnancy clothes are never the most flattering. So if something backs you feel a little more human, DO IT. You can always resell, too. I wonder if you can find any used? 

Baby O born 7/17/12

Baby T born 7/12/14
    Baby3 due 8/4/16
    <3
  • I also prefer the full panel..it flatters the baby bump better.  I couldn't never afford jeans like that, but really wouldn't wear jeans that often anyways so maybe just splurge if they fit perfect!  I have to wear dress clothes for work so that would be the bulk of my wardrobe.  Agree with above, you have plenty of time. I didn't need maternity clothes until about 18 weeks with my first.