Baby Names
Options

Final 2 poll - girls name

holoceneholocene member
edited November 2015 in Baby Names
I have posted so much about naming our wee girl. Because of all of the help I've received from this board, we are finally down to just two final names!

We will make a final decision when she's born, but I was curious to see how these names preformed against each other in a one-on-one poll.

So, if you would vote just once more for your preference between these two names, I'd be so appreciative.

Final 2 poll - girls name 163 votes

Olive Josephine
47% 78 votes
Violet Maeve
52% 85 votes

Re: Final 2 poll - girls name

• Options
    That was a really hard decision. You can't go wrong with either. Both are so beautiful. Nice work mama.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm lol'ing because right now the votes are 50/50. Not much help to you. I think both are great names but I'm leaning toward Olive.

• Options
    I voted for Olive, but honestly, they're both great choices.  Can't go wrong.

Married since August 2012

Baby #1 ~ DS ~ May 2014

Baby #2 ~ Due April 2016

• Options
    Both are great, tough decision!
  • Options
    I think maybe you'll know when you see her. I love the name violet and it was on my short list, but it just didn't fit my daughter.
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited November 2015
    Olive. I'm biased. But both are lovely.
  • Options
    I personally don't like the name meave (love violet though).. So I voted for olive Josephine
  • Options
    Love them both, I like Violet a little more than Olive but I like Violet Josephine better than Violet Maeve. Either are very nice.
  • Options
    Can I ask how Maeve is pronounced :)
  • Options
    holoceneholocene member
    edited November 2015
    Hector33 said:
    Can I ask how Maeve is pronounced :)
    Yes! It's basically May with a soft v at the end. May-v. It's an Irish name and sounds so lovely from someone with an Irish accent. 

ETA: I worry that maybe May-v wasn't the best explanation. The v sound is like the final sound in the word "cave".
  • Options
    I voted for Olive Josephine. Even though Maeve sounds cool coming from someone with an Irish accent, I am not Irish, nor do I hang out with people who have an Irish accent. And it just reminds me of Mauve.....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    Violet is such a pretty name. Olive just seems kind of corny to me.
  • Options
    I prefer Violet and Josephine, but they don't work together so I'm no help at all!
  • Options
    Not sure if this is helpful but I like the way Violet Maeve looks and I pronounced it correctly the first time but my brain does see Mauve for some reason... My vote is still Violet Maeve though so I guess The Mauve mixup wouldn't bother me :)
  • Options
    Violet Maeve! I think it fits best with your boys. But they are both lovely. :smile:
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird