Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC "Newbies" Help !

SehrenSehren member
edited November 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Pardon me , this is my first time posting here . Me and My WIfe ordered frozen sperm from the sperm bank "unwashed". We received the specimen on the 27th . She was set to ovulate on the 28th according to the clue app. However we began taking the clear blue advanced digital ovulation tests on the "23rd of November" both 23 and 24 had a blank circle. But on the 25th we got a smily face "not flashing" . Our sperm didn't arrived until the 27th , on the 27th at about 9am the smiley face disappeared . We couldn't insiminate until that night around 10pm "27th"..... We were worried that we missed her fertile window , so we tested again on the 27th and got a negative on the clear blue . Then we tested using ovulation strips and received what appeared to be a positive on two strips . Could the clear blue have been wrong ? Did we miss her fertile window ? "We had been tracking her cycles for 5 months prior and she is regular". On the 27th when we were insiminating I notice her cervical mucus was clear , and elastic "like egg whites".
"She took 7 doses of geritol tonic during the week prior , and drank one cup of ferilitea " . Sorry for the rant guys the purpose of this posting is too see if we have a chance at conceiving ... And are the ovulation test strips positive ? There's also data from her clue app pictured . We need help

Re: TTC "Newbies" Help !

• AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    edited November 2015
    1. Please remove the photo, we don't post pictures of things people have peed on here.
    2. Someone can have many LH surges throughout their cycle, the only way to confirm ovulation is through tracking basal body temperature
    3. Please read the Newbie thread pinned at the top and I (and many others) would suggest reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni W.

ETA: Spelling
    Also, TTC is an emotional journey! There is a lot to learn to help ease some of the "what if's" or "did I O's". Feel free to join in on the WTO (waiting to ovulate) and TWW (two week wait) boards, they are full of knowledge and a great place to ask questions and express your frustrations.
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• AmMcc12 said:
    1. Please remove the photo, we don't post pictures of things people have peed on here.
    2. Someone can have many LH surges throughout their cycle, the only way to confirm ovulation is through tracking basal body tempurature
    3. Please read the Newbie thread pinned at the top and I (and many others) would suggest reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni W.
    This. And want to emphasize number 2. Multiple surges can happen (meaning multiple positive OPKs) but ovulation is only confirmed through temping (or ultrasound). So, there is no way for us to tell you what is happening in her body. Good luck.