January 2016 Moms

Baby feet in my side

Anyone else feeling kicks in their side? She's been in the same position for at least a few days now and it's like her feet are nestled closer to my back than my stomach! Anyone else experiencing this? Is it normal? I've never heard of it before!

Re: Baby feet in my side

• I mean she's gotta turn sometime! Sounds normal to me. I keep getting feet stuck under the side of my ribs with a tiny butt sticking out on the other side.
  • mine only kicks mostly in my sides, it actually can be painful
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is in my left side, up towards my ribs, more often than not! And then at night when I'm sleeping (or up at 3 am like right now because she's having a dance party...) I can feel it on both sides like she's pushing in all directions at the same time.
  • Yes she does this same thing to me all the time! My doctor told me before that I have a wide uterus, so I'm thinking it has something to do with that. Tons of stretching room in there! :)
  • Same here. She's all over! I don't think people realize how much room a baby takes up. I feel her by my sides close towards my back as well. When she really moves around it hurts but I am glad that feel her kicks, punches, and hickups. I rather feel her than not :) Don't worry it's normal.
  • @kiam032 I feel the same way! Would rather feel her than not. She's currently kicking my ribs as I'm typing this... Ouch. Lol
  • My LO has been kicking my right side for the past 2 months now. He's starting to get me way up in the ribs now too which is uncomfortable. As long as your Dr isn't concerned I wouldn't be.
  • My little girl is head down, but I swear she thinks the escape route is via my belly button. I figure it's probably her butt pushing out, but oww! Today I was literally doubled over in pain because of her kicks to my right side and her movement down LOWWWW. It was awful! I grabbed an ice pack from the freezer and put it against my belly until she moved away from that spot. Take that, stinker!
  • Yes, I think LO is sideways.   I get the major kicks and pushes on both of my sides.  It's making sleeping really hard
  • @BarrettJ89 yep I've been using ice packs my whole pregnancy to get her to move out of an uncomfortable position! Lol
  • Yeah even at 34 weeks, my gal enjoys being sideways. I can never quite tell her position, but it definitely isn't head down!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker