July 2016 Moms

Young living essential oils

I will ask my doc next week if they are safe but imagine she will say no. Anyone use during pregnancy or talked to their doc? I was drinking lemon daily with water and applying and diffusing thieves on my feet and my daughters to keep germs away. Frankenscence on my face too!!

Re: Young living essential oils

• My doc said no way to ingestion or applied topically. I have been diffusing and inhaling peppermint for the nausea. She said there have been some studies that show the oils can cross the placenta, but nothing definitive on causing harm or not so she errs on the side of caution. There was a thread in here a week or 2 ago about people using oils. Try searching for that, it may give you more info!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • I'm not a fan of YL but do love essential oils! Here is a handy chart for safe usage during pregnancy and nursing :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
    MC @ 5w Aug. 2011, MC @ 4w4d July 2015. Expecting again......stick baby stick!!!!
    ~Chihuahua momma~
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't ingested.  I've diffused a few times. I have used peppermint very sparingly topically on my nasal bridge at night a few times since I can't take my allergy medicine, and I've had some sleep-halting nasal congestion.  Other than that, I've been too nervous to use much.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • I use YL oils mainly because I think they smell the best. I diffuse a citrus blend to mask the aroma of our 2 English Mastiffs and whatever fishy funk my DH eats (today he ate a cold cooked lobster over the sink and left the carcass in there. EW!)

Anyway, I have read that ingestion is not a good idea while PG and there are some specific oils you want to avoid all together. Everything in moderation imo.