October 2015 Moms

6 weeks after csection

So I'm 6 weeks post op, had an infection in my wound at 2 weeks but that's slowly healing. My question is, how are you other csection mamas feeling at 6 weeks? I'm def feeling better but I still have a bit of pain in my lower abdomen and sides, a sort of electrical shock type twinge, I find I still have to take paracetamol twice a day. This is my 3rd section BTW, didn't have pain at this stage with my others, is it just because its my 3rd? At what point did everyone else stop experiencing these pains? I should add that the pain isn't severe, just bothersome! I saw my doctor this morning and she's very happy with my recovery, just said that it takes time to recover from what is after all major surgery. Would be interested to hear others experiences!

Re: 6 weeks after csection

• I felt more or less back to normal after 3 weeks. I'm 7.5 weeks out and now I just occasionally have a little discomfort if I'm on my feet or active too long.
  • I'm 5 1/2 weeks post c section. I also had an infection after 1 week. Mine is a lot better but not as healed as I expected at this point. It is still a little sensitive to the touch. And it is achey at night. My back still feels sore and weak too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I felt great in the hospital and practically felt fine 1 week after. Gradually better everyday to where I felt perfect around 3.5-4 weeks. I am currently 5.5 weeks and started feeling incredibly sore again end of last week. Not sure why but inside my incision is sore again and lifting my legs and sitting up hurt again. I'm sure it's all part of the process but I felt so great that it is discouraging.
  • I'm the same as the previous poster. I was feeling pretty good, now all the sudden I'm sore again. The area surrounding my incision is tender to touch, almost like how the outer edge of a scrape feels. But also deep in the muscle. It's not severe, but enough to remind me to take it easy. I still feel the burning pain in my hips on occasion too. It's irritating.
  • Is it just me or do you ever feel like you'll never be 'right' again! Thank goodness this is my last baby, could not do this again! It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one, just so frustrating when I want to get on with things.
  • I'm 5 weeks post c section. I felt better last week, I don't know if it's because I'm been doing more and have done more walking this week but I'm sore down there again. Really aches on a night and my backs hurting when I get up during the night. I agree I feel like I'll never ever be 100% again but I suppose it's only early days still!!