May 2016 Moms

Weekend Ticker Change 11/28 & 11/29

Week/Fruit:

Rants/Raves:

Upcoming appointments:

Questions for the Group:

GTKY: Tell us a fun fact about you!

Re: Weekend Ticker Change 11/28 & 11/29

• Week/Fruit: Week 14, Lemon - Hello second trimester!

Rants/Raves:  All the crappy symptoms are gone, except terrible breakouts.  Having some RLP and got a weird stitch on my right side.  Not feeling any movement yet, but I know it's soon.  Sometimes I could almost forget I'm pregnant because it's been smooth sailing so far...if it weren't for the constant peeing (and my excitement)!

Upcoming appointments:  December 15th

Questions for the Group:  Anyone else having terrible breakouts and if so what are you doing to help??  I'm using the Belli skincare line and I started facials last month, but so far it hasn't gotten better.  I feel like I'm 14 again!

GTKY: Tell us a fun fact about you! - I dropped out of college in my second year which was super taboo in my family and they all thought I was a fuck up, but now (7 years later) I'm the only one of my siblings to have a Master's Degree and one of three in my ENTIRE family to have one.
  • Week/Fruit: Week 16/Avocado

Rants/Raves: RLP pain hit hard this week, and I'm not loving it. I also found out I have 2 more cousins having babies this spring. That brings the total to 4!

Upcoming appointments: This Thursday, 16 week check up.

Questions for the Group: None this week

GTKY: I drove my first car for 13.5 years, and finally traded it in this fall, right before we found out about baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/Fruit (or, Ovia App critter/pastry/toy): 17 Weeks! / Onion (chipmunk!)

Rants/Raves: Starting to get a baby bump, I think, or it could just be the massive amounts of food I've been eating this week for Thanksgiving and while my family's in town. Either way, these maternity clothes are awesome:) Rant: I've become a total lazyass. I can't seem to make myself do more than the bare minimum at home and at work:(

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan Dec. 21!

Questions: None this week!

GTKY: My guilty pleasure TV show is Once Upon A Time.  And I want, more than anything, for everyone to get their happy endings and then have like a five-episode mini season where they get to enjoy them.  I don't care if that means the show ends. Give them their happy endings, dammit!
  • Week/Fruit: 16/ avocado

Rants/Raves: working out is killing me. I've cut my workouts down to only 2 or 3 a week and all I do is walk on the "dreadmill" for 40 minutes or so and I'm in pain for the rest of the day. Sore achy legs, heavy arms like I lifted weights and feet that feel like ran a marathon in heels. This sucks! Guess it's all part of those pregnancy pains huh?

Upcoming appointments: next weds for monthly check in. Last time they couldn't find HB on Doppler. Hope they can last time as that gave me a mini heart attack!

Questions for the Group:

GTKY: Tell us a fun fact about you! Hmmmm.... When I moved to NYC I didn't have a job or a place to live. I sold my car, packed two bags and jumped on a greyhound. I lived in a dirty hotel for three days, found an apartment by the end of the week and a job two weeks later. By far the scariest and most courageous thing I've ever done!

cat fail animated GIF

• Week/Fruit:  14/ lemon

Rants/Raves: After recent blood work, I found out I am anemic and am on iron pills. They didn't mention that is would weaken my immune system so now I am sick. Runny nose/ sore throat. 

Upcoming appointments: Dec. 22 for monthly check up- I should be scheduling my anatomy scan next week.

Questions for the Group: How much medicine/ types of medicine can I take? Normally, I take Zicam and Aleve Cold & Sinus. I know I can't take Aleve but can I take Tylenol Cold & Sinus?

GTKY: Tell us a fun fact about you! I graduated HS in 3 years. 
  • Week/Fruit: 15/orange

Rants/Raves: Definitely feeling more like myself other than that my stomach has grown quite a bit in the last week. I'm hoping to start getting caught up on chores and things I've been neglecting.

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday I have a checkup.

Questions for the Group:

GTKY: Tell us a fun fact about you! Hmm... I was valedictorian of my high school class and ended up going to community college and then taking another 4 years to slowly finish my bachelors. I just didn't know what I wanted to do.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely with you on the skin issues! My forehead, chin, jaw and neck! But, I also live in MN where it just got extremely dry and dropped 20 degrees in 2 days, so that could have something to do with it too. I've switched over to using "Juice Beauty" hydrating and antioxidant products and it's helped SO much! They also have a "healthy pregnancy" skin line!
  • @pooputtette I know sudafed and mucinex are both ok to take. They've been working for me when I get the crud.

Week/Fruit: 18/sweet potato

Rants/Raves: I've been feeling pretty good! Possibly due to inactivity :smiley:

Upcoming appointments: 12/11 anatomy scan!

Questions for the Group: nope

I still have some baby teeth because there were no adult teeth under them.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• edited November 2015
    Week/Fruit: 14 (15 tomorrow)/lemon

Rants/Raves: I feel less tired than my first trimester, which is nice.

Upcoming appointments: December 14 and anatomy scan December 21

Questions for the Group: none

GTKY: Tell us a fun fact about you! I bought my first car when I had just turned 18. I still have the car and I just turned 29. :) I also have another, backup car, just in case.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @valerie4786 I am breaking out too! Mostly in my chest. It's gross. I have a feeling it might be the lotions I am using though to try to avoid stretch marks.

@dshannah I like Once Upon A Time too! :) My anatomy scan is the same day!

@togahh That's sounds like a really cool experience and sorry, about moving to New York. I wouldn't have had the guts to do that.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Fruit: Lemon

Rants/Raves: South African Heat! (Not pregnancy related but defs not helping)

Upcoming appoinments: 17 December - hopefully finding out the sex.

Questions for the group: Dizzy spells - how do you cope with them and does anyone have tips?

GTKY: I got married at 22 despite everybody telling me I was making a mistake - too young. We'll be married 5 years in Jan and we've never been happier.
    (Also, I am apparently really boring cause it took me about 10 minutes to come up with that :) )
  • Week/Fruit: 16/avocado

Rants/Raves: starting to have more energy, but headaches are here now. Can't win.

Upcoming appointments: 12/24 for anatomy scan bc it's at an outside office and then 12/29 for my next regular appointment

Questions for the Group:

When I was 1 year old I almost bit my tongue completely off and I still have the scar. Everyone I tell this to thinks I'm completely full of it till I show the scar of my baby teeth bite marks. Lol. I was home with a babysitter. I was running around with a bottle in my mouth not actually holding it with my hands, but with my mouth. I tripped and fell and obviously you can guess what happened next. And thank goodness I remember nothing. I'm also petrified my child is going to have the gracefulness of me and end up doing something just as bad. :|
  • Week/Fruit: 16 - avocado

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: dry skin, waking up lots at night to pee, feeling movement probably at least once a day, RLP, and growing exponentially.

Upcoming Apt: Supposed to be tomorrow at 10, but work is so nuts, I am probably going to need to reschedule.

GTKY: I took a year off between college and law school and was the biggest waste of life. I just was so irresponsible and a hot mess. I am so thankful my parents trusted me to get it out of my system. We call it the lost year.

Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • I'm checking in here because I forgot on Friday and no one started one!

Week/Fruit: 14 (last Friday) - lemon

Rants/Raves: Headaches/migraines but I have more energy now. I think I have a little bump but ready for it to become more pronounced.

Upcoming appointments: 12/11

Questions for the Group: Nada

GTKY: Tell us a fun fact about you! I have twin brothers, my H is a twin and my MIL is a twin. Yes, there is only one baby in there!
  • @charissadeats I was married at 21 and H was 22. Everyone told us the same thing but we had already been together 3 years and we are celebrating 6 years this spring. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Unicorn522 I love that! Age means nothing!
  • tgortneytgortney member
    edited November 2015
    Week/Fruit: 17/Onion

Rants/Raves: Had a check up the day before thanksgiving, I got to hear his HB on the Doppler. Beating at a nice 147-153 bpm :blush: perfect kick off to the holidays!

Upcoming appointments: Dec 9 for anatomy scan!! Soooooo ready to see my boy again!

Questions for the Group:

My husband is the exact opposite of my "type". His southern accent really annoys me sometimes lol
  • Week/Fruit: 18/Sweet Potato

Rants/Raves: I've made it through 3 family gatherings with no one suspecting I'm pregnant.  Just a few more to go. 

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow, my a/s.  

Questions for the Group: Anyone else still keeping it a secret? 

GTKY: Tell us a fun fact about you! I love playing minecraft…without my kids.  
  • Week/Fruit: 16/Avocado (yummo!!)

Rants/Raves: I would love to be able to eat breakfast. I hate that everything seems so sweet for breakfast and I can't keep anything sweet down.

Upcoming appointments: 12/3 & 12/10
    Going to see if I can do my monthly appt on the 3rd and wait to start my Makena injections.

Questions for the Group:

1. I'm a TV show addict. When fall rolls around there are at least 13 shows during the week that I watch.

2. We currently live in a camper and plan on it for a while I can't wait to travel with our kids and teach/show them the landmarks and history of our country.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Week/Fruit: 18/Sweet Potato (which I didn't really like before pregnancy but now eat at least once a week)

Rants/Raves: Happy to be able to eat better and not feel so nauseous all the time, but my energy level is still loooow.  I'm working out 3x a week (spinning for an hour) which does seem to help with the energy level in the long run, but in the short term (i.e. an hour afterward) I'm passed out on the couch.

Upcoming appointments: Thursday the 3rd...anatomy scan!!!  Can't wait to count fingers and toes (or just arms and legs and ears, whatever!!).

Questions for the Group: Will you need to change up your work schedules once LO gets here?  I currently have to work until 8pm one day a week, which has to change once day care is involved...there are other days that I need to be flexible because I work in a 3-shift building, so that will be a bit of a challenge at times.  My husband is a surgical vet tech and his schedule sucks...he works minimum 11 hour shifts, overnights, and he's on call once a week which means phones ringing in the middle of the night, or him getting home at 4am (causing extreme dog excitement).  It's hard to deal with now and I don't know how it's going to go with a baby...I've broached the subject of finding another job but he isn't on board because he won't make the $$ he makes now if he switches to a general practice, which is a problem.

GTKY: Tell us a fun fact about you!  I've founded 2 non-profits in my life.  One was a grad school project that I handed over after it was up and running, and it's still going strong.  The other crashed and burned due to our inability to put the time in that was needed...life got in the way and the need to pay bills with actual money generated from an actual paying job won out ;)
  • @charissadeats I've been thinking about how lucky I was to not be pregnant in the heat of the summer, but I didn't think about how that wouldn't work for those of you in the Souther Hemisphere. Bummer!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Week/fruit: 17 weeks on Sat. I think a pomegranate.

Rants/raves: I've been feeling her kick/move more and more. Nothing consistent but when I'm still I know it's her.

Upcoming appts: nothing until Dec 14th when I have a check up and my anatomy scan.
  • @lalala2004 It's tough, but I am thankful that I am in my 2nd trimester in the hottest months (until Jan) and that the last month or two of the pregnancy will be cooler. I am excited for a winter baby though :)
  • Week/Fruit: 14/Lemon

Rants/Raves: I am also still having terrible acne and constipation (Sorry TMI) I have been trying the Belli Skin care line also and it has helped but I still get breakouts like a teenager! 

Upcoming appointments: December 16th

Questions for the Group: When did you start to show with your first baby and what should I expect at this next appointment? I am a new mommy and have what to expect at this next appointment lol

GTKY: This is my our first baby and we are super excited. I think it has finally hit DH that he is going to be a daddy and he seems more excited now than when we first found out. We are planning on having at east a 4 year gap between little ones to we have time to save for a bigger place. :)